Exclusive
Chicago Justice Video

Chicago P.D. Sneak Peek: Voight's History With Justice ASA Revealed

Voight gets an unwelcome blast from his incarcerated past on Wednesday’s Chicago P.D. (10/9c, NBC), which serves as a backdoor pilot for potential spinoff Chicago Justice.

When Burgess becomes embroiled in a controversial case, ASA Peter Stone (The Player‘s Philip Winchester) comes in to investigate, which does not make Voight happy in this exclusive video.

“[Peter] was the ASA who put Voight away,” executive producer Matt Olmstead tells TVLine. “So there’s a real history there, a kind of begrudging respect from Voight to him. But also, is there a little bit of resentment, because this is a guy who was smart enough, capable enough, fearless enough to go up against Voight and put him behind bars?”

Naturally, when Platt announces Peter Stone has been assigned to the case, Voight “gets a little tight,” Olmstead describes.

Press PLAY below for a sneak peek at the offshoot — which also stars Nazneen Contractor (Heroes Reborn), Joelle Carter (Justified) and Carl Weathers (Rocky) — then hit the comments with your early reviews.

1. Oh boy if this is any indication Chicago Justice should be good

2. Kevin K says:

Still missed The Player (action packed series never had a chance) but NBC is giving Philip Winchester a second chance.

3. KT says:

Well, this has potential to be good. It’s nice that Phillip’s character actually had the courage to go against Voight, which I think doesn’t happen very often. He could be a good character to follow. As much as I find the continuous Chicago spin-offs to be hilarious, this could be OK and I do like Phillip.

4. Ray says:

Still don’t get why Rachel Nichols or Charisma Carpenter or both aren’t being metioned for the spinoff. Both had great first outings in the Chicagoverse and could easily fit on this show.

• ? says:

Rachel Nichols is a Vancouver-based actress and maybe she doesn’t want to move. I agree that if they didn’t approach her about joining the show, though, they should have.

5. Bwhit says:

I’m still on the fence about Justice because the only real legal drama I’ve ever found myself liking is Suits but the guy going up against Voight seems very interesting…. I guess I’ll see on Wednesday.

6. Kiwi3 says:

I fell in love with both leads from the series “Strike Back”, and I’m glad to see Phillip Winchester getting another chance since The Player didn’t do well.

7. I’m excited about this but here are my two cents…
    1. Why is it called Chicago Justice and not Chicago Law or Chicago Legal? I just prefer a different title.
    2. WHERE IS ADA ALEX CABOT AND WHY IS SHE NOT INVOLVED IN THIS?!

8. Pati says:

I loved Phillip Winchester in everything he’s done so far. I will watch this just for him but I think he deserves better. I don’t want him to be stuck on something like SVU where there is little character development

9. Nat says:

Get rid of Chicago Med and Chicago Fire is getting old so Chicago PD and Chicago Justice will be interesting and bring some action