NCIS Season 14

NCIS Photos: Meet the New Additions

Somewhere amidst the early tears spurred by the NCIS promo touting Michael Weatherly’s final episodes, CBS also let slip the first photos of new arrivals Sarah Clarke and Duane Henry.

As previously reported, 24 alum Clarke will appear in the season’s final two episodes (airing May 10 and 17) as Tess Monroe, a quick-witted, tough and shrewd FBI agent who recently transferred to D.C. from New York City, while Henry, a Brit, will play Clayton Reeves, a young man who rose above his blue-collar roots to become a successful MI-6 agent. Both agents will assist in the international manhunt for rogue spy Jacob Scott, who this week sent Fornell to the ICU.

Both Clarke and Henry have the option to be made series regulars come Season 14. And though the “math” would suggest NCIS might shed a second regular in addition to Weatherly, that is not the case. “I really wouldn’t read into that,” showrunner Gary Glasberg has said of the incoming helpers. “These are two actors and two characters that we were intrigued by and interested in working with, and we’ll have to see where it goes.”

Want more scoop on NCIS, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

NCIS New Cast Members

NCIS New Cast Members

1. If both are added to the bullpen, where are they both going to sit? That tiny space next to McGee is – well, tiny and almost totally blocked off. Plus, Tess sounds like she’s Fornell/Gibbs level of agent so working as a subordinate to Gibbs doesn’t sound feasible. As for MI-6 Clayton Reeves, I’m hoping he’s the one at DiNozzo’s desk while DiNozzo is off sitting at his in an exchange program.

2. Shaun says:

Eddie Winslow,is that you?lol

3. Shar says:

Still wishing it had been Sarah Chalke – sigh.

4. Lorena says:

He looks goood, she, i dont like, im not ready to say goodbye to Dinozzo im gonna bawl and feel sorry for myself because im gonna miss him so much.

5. Murica! says:

I hope it goes nowhere.

• TracyMonroe says:

Well if it does the show will be over. The blonde girl has proven to be a bust. Not one interesting thing about her. Epic fail as Ziva replacement. Sarah Clarke is intense. Great on 24 n Covert Affairs. New dude may bring new life to a stale show that hasn’t been good since Trent Kort days.

• Ange says:

The blonde girl, Elle Bishop, was never to replace Ziva which is why they waited to bring her on. This time they are not waiting to add to the cast which says a lot but you keep holding on to your bitterness.

• Brandi says:

I agree, Ellie’s character is a bust. I wouldn’t miss her if she just suddenly disappeared.

• Marcia says:

me either….

• totally agree. I’ve tried to like her but she just doesn’t fit with the group. And I don’t think she’s a very good actress. They could have her running back to Jake when the new season starts… never to be seen again. Plenty room for Reeves and Tess then and Gibbs seems to like them both. I’m good with that.

• dan says:

Clarke was really good on Bosch too but Gibbs sure as hell better not trust her…

6. Cat says:

Ought to be interesting when Sec Nav (aka Teri, Jack Bauer’s dead wife from 24) meets Tess (aka Nina, the person who killed Teri in 24)…can’t wait for that to happen.

• Bella says:

I thought about that, too! It would be great if they would throw some kind of reference to it in tyere.

7. Andrew Hass says:

It’s not Clarke or Henry’s fault that Weatherly is leaving.Plus maybe at the end of the season both of their characters have a chance to stay at NCIS but maybe in different capacities.

8. JBC says:

Look forward to their additions. Especially the MI6 Clayton Reeves character. Good replacement for DiNozzo.

• Murica! says:

Replacement? Are you joking? Noone can replace Tony. Don’t be ignorant.

• Brandi says:

I definitely agree, no one can replace the very special Anthony DiNozzo. Big D, little i, Big N, ozzo.

• Pat says:

I don’t have anything about Mr. Glasberg’s replacement for the amazingly unique actor he has lost but I have no interest in a DiNozzoless NCIS. Too bad the Glasberg team didn’t take the effort to give Weatherly’s DiNozzo something interesting to do instead of having him stand around being the disrespected butt monkey clicking the clicker while almighty Gibbs and his SFA McGee got all the good writing. Hope tptb are happy they finally drove Weatherly out and I hope there’s such a thing as karma.

• BoBuck Ulant says:

Peter Noone is too old to replace tony, and he had his day with Herman’s Hermits

speaking of being ignorant.. how are you doing?

• John NYC says:

I expect like with Ziva who was neither a direct character replacement for Iate nor was she directly replaced by Ellie they aren’t making the mistake of anything remotely like a direct character replacement for Tony. It won’t avoid the zealots from making comparisons, it still doesn’t with Bishop, but it should minimize them.

Just upping the number of actors for a different take than with Tony, or Ziva, or Kate.

• NOPE! Will kill the show.

9. Elizabeth says:

I am looking forward to the new characters and how they will fit into the show. NCIS just keeps getting better with each reboot. I love this show!!

• Robin says:

I agree with you on being interested in the new characters. However, the show is not getting any better. It’s become more of a personal drama show, than the crime drama it began as. That whole sequence with Abby and her # Living Rocks was nothing but time filler. I know it sounds critical, but I don’t tune in to hear her wax philosophic about how much her cast mates mean to her.

• John NYC says:

I’ve always seen personal drama in the show. Right from Kate’s reacting to her boyfriend’s poisoning in Yankee White through Gibbs various issues with his exes and his dad and Tony’s various challenges with his background. That seemed to be a continuation of similar personal dramas explored within J. A. G. s run.

10. Loves_Sweeps says:

I dread Michael’s leaving, but after all these years with us, I can only wish him the best on his new Dr. Phil series. Ohhh, the thought of Michael Weatherly sporting Dr. Phil’s hair just made me laugh. I know his character is a much younger Dr. Phil so he’ll have all his hair I’m sure. But just the thought of it is hilarious.

Hope your new series gets big ratings. You deserve it.

11. Bella says:

Really looking forward to Duane Henry. Two brits on NCIS! We’re taking over.

12. kb says:

I don’t see Tess becoming a regular, they already have Bishop, so I don’t think adding a woman to the mix would help. I am hoping Clayton stays and adds something to the team

13. jackballs57 says:

Time to pull the plug on the show. They are just going through to many cast members story line just sucks most weeks and now it needs an r rating for blood and gore.

14. Bill says:

McGee’s childhood girlfriend on the NCIS React team would be a better fit than Tess.

• Becky says:

I guess that means Robert Wagner, “Senior”, will be exiting since his son is no longer with NCIS?
      I like McGee’s girlfriend in the wheelchair. Her intelligence and working in a different capacity adds a lot to the mix.
      I have tried hard to embrace Elinor Bishop, although cute and smart I wish they would give her a little more character interactions or something. I’m not sure exactly what’s missing with her character. Maybe it’s just because I liked Ziva so much. I liked the way Ziva changed up her hair all the time. Bishop should try some different looks appropriate with where she’s going and the assignment she’s on.

15. Hmm says:

What’s up with Bishop’s sweater vest? It’s hanging weird.

16. Didn’t care for her on 24, never saw him before. I wonder if Goibbs will head slap the new guy?

17. fiddler says:

Here is my comment, the last episode was ruined because you choose to have obama in it

• Gina says:

Oh, come on! I think Mrs. Obama added a new dimension to the show.

• John NYC says:

The shows have done variations on the situation of veterans and their families numerous times, often some of their better work, going back into the J. A. G. days.

And that family support program is a good and necessary one. Something both the First Lady and Dr. Biden have long supported.

18. Simple. Tess will be Fornell’s counterpart/replacement while he recovers. It could be replacement if the kill Fornell off or write him off by retiring him. Reeves will be replacing DiNozzo.

19. I’m starting to believe that Tony will be transferred to MI6.

20. Irishmom says:

I’ll be happy to see new faces in the bullpen although I will miss Tony’s sense of humor

21. angie says:

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why Bishop is still on. She has no depth as an actress. She recites her lines weekly without any expressions – other than that thing she does with her brows.

• Jen says:

OMG, still pissing and moaning with mean girl remarks about her brows etc. I cannot, for the life of me, understand catty comments from jealous little girls. Especially, when the article wasn’t even about Bishop–keep beating that dead horse, “angie”, it’s almost dust now. SMDH

22. John Pagel says:

Why not let the series die a fitting death rather than drag it out and make the fans hate it?

• John NYC says:

Lol: have you SEEN the numbers? Millions and millions and millions love the show. I do.

For those that don’t there’s always the, radical I know, concept of changing the channel?

Your remote’s user guide should be available online.

• Robin says:

To play devil’s advocate, those Millions upon millions of people could be tuning in hoping the show will get its act together and go back to being a crime drama, and not a drama with crime involved.

• Leia says:

Nah those millions are largely happy, with our Waltons style cop show, family drama, there’s so little of that today except for the NCIS franchises. As you go later into the night the get a little more violent but the family code still lingers.

• Bella Sorella says:

Ha love your comment and completely agree.

23. Marilyn Walsh says:

Don’t like the actress playing Tess Monroe. Too tough looking and acting. Can’t stand the actress.

24. La Jacks says:

Not going to watch anymore. Sorry. RIP

25. Rusty Johnson says:

Sorry to say this but show has gone down-hill since Mark Harmen took a more active roll as Exec. Producer. Thats the main reason NCIS New Orleans never got off the ground, where you have a female always dressed in black and spike boots running down a 25 yr old bad guy in great shape…com’on…quality is gone! Who made the decision to not bring Ziva back, she could have worked around Emily Wickersham in at least a part time position. Jon Cryer???that was the final straw for me…this is the last season for me!!!

• Robin says:

It was Cote de Pablo’s decision not to come back. She’s said it time and again. She felt the scripts they were giving her were not up the “Ziva” caliber. I believe she, like Weatherly understand that the NCIS time is nearing it’s end. They cut ties while the show was in good standing. I wish them well in their future career choices. Being actor can mean not knowing if you have food on the table the next day.

• dee lester says:

I thought NCIS-NO was getting high ratings. I watch each week. Jiggle and wiggle female cop roles NEVER will have a normal shape/non model looking character. I worked in LE for years and believe me, none of the female officers look like that, including me!!!!.

• Leia says:

Mark Harmon isn’t the show runner of NCIS, Gary Glasberg is,and the highest rated shows have occurred under his tenure and since Mark was given the status ex prod. by CBS. NOLA is doing fantastic in its slot, always beating the competition, Cote made the decision not to bring Ziva back no one else, and her reasons keep changing so take the for what you will, Jon Cryer was fantastic as Dr Taft, as was Scottie Thompson reprising her role as Jeanne, guess you just need to go elsewhere anyway, because it’s not your cup anymore, or was it ever since you seem to be clueless about the background behind the scenes, even though you post on an entertainment web site. I mean really you’re posting on a site that’s given us all the dirt and you seem clueless.

• Paige says:

Yea Leia! So tired of seeing all the absurd Mark Harmon hate. NCIS NO is doing great and I’ve always wondered if MW was ever considered for the role Scott has. It would have been a nice, earned promotion for Dinozzo to the NO office and MW could use his many music talents. When they did the spin-off, I felt like they missed an opportunity to really do more with Dinozzo. Although filming in NO may have been a no-go for MW.

• Liz says:

I love NCIS New Orleans. It has a different back ground then any other place. I think all the actor and actress are great. I hope they keep it on for several seasons. That’s what people need a change. I love NCIS . I have watch it from the beginning. Sure it’s hard to see the actors and actress go, but it’s still a very good show. I wish Michael all the luck. He will be missed.

26. Duane Henry is not going to do it for me as a replacement for Michael Weatherly, certainly.

27. Bea Arnold says:

As much I have ked NCIS and Mark Harmon. I will not continue to watch the show.He needed to have added some people that have that extra spark of attraction This has been to good a show to ruin it now. come on Mark you are better than this.

28. John Rider says:

I think it is the writers that mold the characters for the show.

As long as the old writers continue to turn out good work the show will go on.

The actors follow direction and the writers make the show interesting.

They both have to work together.

29. You take a person out and put in a nobody. There is only one person leaving so why bring 2 on? This use to be a top notch show but everything is getting to be not the same anymore. Run the agency like in real life for heaven’s sake!

30. George says:

I have been a fan of NCIS since Season 1. NO MORE! The PC process is getting in the way of this series continuing. Clarke is NOT a fresh face. Public response to her during her initial appearances should have told the producers NOT to use her again. I’ve dropped Mark Harmon and support staff from my viewing.

• John NYC says:

Her initial appearance? When was she on NCIS previously?

• Leia says:

When was she in the show before, like never, we’ve not seen a single scene with her and you’re passing judgement , speaks volumes. You’re not entitled to your own set of facts but you can stop watching, with friends like these…….

31. liame says:

What’s the age group of fans watching this show? SMH.

32. Mary Nunez says:

Really going to miss DiNozzo. Hope we don’t lose Fornell, too. They need to replace Bishop – she is just not entertaining. Always the same expression on her face/eyebrows, tone of voice. I am looking forward to seeing Duane Henry, he looks right for the show! But Sarah Clarke? Too stiff and mean. Better to have Sarah Chalke!

33. dee lester says:

Well, looks like I will not be tuning in this fall……………..

34. Goodbye Tony and Goodbye NCIS. Too much diversity.

35. TFD says:

Huh.
    This is the second NCIS article where you’ve mentioned Fornell being in ICU after the shooting.
    Did I miss something at the end of the episode, or are you accidentally dropping a mild spoiler? (Fornell is always having sh-stuff happen to him, but they wouldn’t off Gibbs’ bestie surely?! So expected him to survive, but now there’s no suspense).

No opinion on the new additions as I’ve yet to see them in action, but I’ll miss Tony dearly, even if action Tony seems to be long gone.

36. Time to find a new show .

37. Big Sexy says:

I’m not sure I can watch it any longer. I started watching it at the beginning when Gibbs was in the tail episodes of JAG. Michael W. has been through it since the beginning. I think I could handle Mark H. exiting for “retirement” better? But as a faithful follower I will give it an honest chance. I don’t even care for the spinoff NCIS as much as the original. So we will see.

38. Louise says:

The only absolute in the Universe is ‘change. Life is diversity. Those people not happy with dePablo’s departure, stop watching. SHE was not the show. the Ensemble is the show. I like Bishop because she is not playing the ‘ninja chick’. Something different. She thinks abd analyses before she opens her mouth and talks. You people that somehow know instantly that the show is going to fail, get over yourselves. That tells me you are people who have control issues and need violence in a scene to make it worth watching. Sad.

39. Brandon says:

How come Bishop has a mourning band on her badge?
    I noticed it in this weeks episode and i see that she has it in the pictures posted here.

40. Sean R says:

Perhaps I’m reading way too much from the pictures, but… Bishop is wearing a black band over her badge, which means that probably Fornell did not make it, and would also explain the presence of Monroe as his replacement… Am I too crazy?

41. ejo says:

adios ncis

42. abott39 says:

Yeah, I can start back watching this show. The stupid sexual tension line between Tony and whoever the latest female got old and over done. Hope the new blood keeps the show good cause some of us don’t need that crap/

43. Steven Dbbel says:

And so the show fades off into the sunset. Gibbs, Abby and Ducky can’t save the show. Too bad, I’ve already stopped watching.

• Leia says:

Then why are you reading about it, and commenting to boot. I’m too busy in my life to comment on things I don’t care about, so that brings a question see if you can figure it out.

44. Rebecca D. Webb says:

Sorry, but you lost me!!! NCIS is nothing like it used to be. I have watched the last season as this last episode ends. I never thought Mark Harmon would let this series go down, but he may not have had any choice. At least I have all 12 season and I guess I will have to replay them..

45. Tom says:

Second engine on the NCIS plane went out heading for the death spirial.

• Leia says:

It’s got four engines, or actually like a B52 eight, losing two not a big deal, regardless, it’s a matter of whether the new cast will fit in. Still have Gibbs, Ducky, Abby, Vance, Tim and Jimmy, and Ellie too. Glad Ziva is gone and hopefully gone for good, perhaps her sudden death off screen will seal the deal for DiNozzo, here’s hopin.

46. mary moore says:

Clarke—no no no!!! OK to replace Fornell, maybe, just so she isn’t around allot, not up to Gibbs, Tony, Tim standard. Need a Ziva type . Like Henry for something Clarke looks like she’s 40 year old passed over.

47. Marcia says:

At first sight they are ugly !!!!

48. Barbara Cavallaro says:

Do not like Sara Clarke at all. She would not be a good fix with the other.

49. Jenny says:

Now that nancy drew was nixed, make Sarah Shahi the new series regular and get rid off Sarah Clarke. Nothing against the actress, but her character Tess Monroe is downright terrible. A second female Gibbs (first was CGIS Borin) is not needed, plus the had no chemistry with the rest of the cast. Worst prospective team member they’ve ever had.

50. Dee says:

Love NCIS I can see Weatherly leaving. He’s spent half his career on NCIS. He needs to grow as an actor.