Grey's Anatomy's McDreamy Is Alive!… in Thrones-Inspired Promo Parody

If Game of Thrones can resurrect Jon Snow, surely Grey’s Anatomy can resurrect McDreamy.

That was the theory on Jimmy Kimmel Live Monday, as the comedian teased fans with an “exclusive” promo touting Patrick Dempsey’s never-gonna-happen-so-please-don’t-email-us-about-it return to the long-running hospital drama.

Sure, toying with fans like this could be construed as cruel, but even folks who’ve moved on from the tragedy can admit that Derek Shepherd returning from the dead would make for a killer May sweeps stunt.

Watch the epic tease above, then sound off in the comments!

1. Whatevah says:

I thought it was funny :)

2. Karen says:

I wish Mcdreamy was really back. lol Id watch the show again

3. Kathy Kernon says:

I never thought the character was that great in the best of times! Patrick Dempsey played it like it was a “second job”. So, I am still looking at Grey’s Anatomy with no plans to stop. However, I will stop looking at NCIS when Michael Weatherly leaves – I can not stand any more GIBBS! And the blonde was CERTAINLY no replacement for Cote DePablo.

• Lorna says:

At the end, you could tell he was ready to go. After s8, he had majorly reduced screen time. I wish they had axed Meredith instead.

4. Nikki says:

Oh boy now JK probably just convinced the ones on twitter that believe for real that he’s alive that they’re right.

5. Jordan says:

The way Shonda Rhimes wrote his accident/death, not even Patrick Dempsey’s return could get me to watch that crap show again. This, however, is funny.

6. TvFreak says:

I think, PD return would be a nice change!!The whole true love story of Greys is gone…without him. Plus, EP has lost her vibe, her acting seems so squeezed. Before, she seemed at ease with her role as Meridth, now she seems cold and disconnected. Those two together went hand in hand. Yes, she may be the LEAD of Greys but PD fostered that success!!!

• Lorna says:

Mere became an uber bitch after the plane crash

• Jamie says:

I hardcore disagree (as does basically everyone else). Ellen Pompeo has been doing the best acting she’s ever done since Derek’s death. I always thought she was a mediocre actress (especially when she was in scenes with Chyler Leigh, Sandra Oh, etc.), but she has really stepped it up the past year. She has never been this good, so ain’t nobody missing Dempsey anymore. Plus, Dempsey was clearly not into the job anymore. Watch any of his scenes from the past two seasons – dude was bringing the show down.

7. Stacy Lynch says:

Will Garner in the Good Wife finale. It’s gonna happen.