Exclusive

Criminal Minds Finale Sneak Peek: Hotch's Morning Is Rudely Interrupted

It looks like JJ, Henry and Jack will need to hitch another ride.

In this exclusive sneak peek from the Season 11 finale of CBS’ Criminal Minds (airing Wednesday at 9/8c), Hotch (played by Thomas Gibson) is getting ready to give JJ (A.J. Cook) and their respective rugrats a ride to work/school when they get a most unexpected visitor (and worse, one that doesn’t knock) — an entire, surly SWAT team!

In the season-ending episode “Storm,” Hotch is apprehended and suspected of conspiracy, prompting the team to scramble to prove his innocence, all while suspecting a larger plot is on the horizon — just as the incarcerated Antonia Slade (guest star Frances Fisher) recently forewarned.

“It’s a very team-centric episode, because ‘stuff’ is hitting the fan and we’re at the center of it,” showrunner Erica Messer shared as part of TVLine’s May Sweeps/Finale Extravaganza. As for how the hour ends, “It’s not a ‘bomb goes off/who survives?’ cliffhanger, but, ‘Oh my god, we thought we won,’ and then, ‘Oh no, we’re just getting started,'” Messer teased. “It’s a really fun, fresh way to launch into Season 12” — which has yet to be formally ordered.

1. Cas says:

So I hope they don’t end on a cliffhanger and then not get renewed. Because that would suck.

2. That whole thing scene seems…a little over the top. I trust there will some sort of explanation for the theatrics, but I fear it won’t be a good one.

3. Kevin K says:

Hope Criminal Minds gets renewed and it hasn’t been the same without Shemar Moore.

4. CBS I can not imagine what I would possibly want to watch in place of Criminal Minds. The only program I watch on CBS is Criminal Minds. Whom ever is making this decision of not renewing Criminal Minds, well my opinion is, this would be a huge and pathetic mistake.

• Oscar the Oddity says:

I only watch Criminal Minds as well. I’m a new Person of Interest fan after finding it on Netflix and binging the past seasons, but it’s going into its last season and I won’t have any other need for CBS. Hopefully they will renew it. I’m not sure what their reasons would be other than I’m sure the extended number of cast members gets expensive.

• Deborah Howell says:

It would be a huge mistake to cancel this show it has been fantastic since the beginning, just because Shemar left doesn’t mean it won’t be a great show all the others are just as good, it will survive without Shemar the writers for this show are fantastic please renew for fall2016-2017 season this is the only show I watch I never miss it thank u!!!!!!

5. Julie Garcia says:

Please renew renew Criminal minds … CBS it’s one of your top best shows !! Love all the characters…

6. Kathy says:

Can’t wait to see. My family loves this show and praying it doesn’t go off. Missing Shemar to. This is a great show to watch and after all less face it nothing else isn’t worth watching.

7. kate says:

This sneak peek just got me even more excited for tonight’s episode than I already was! JJ holding Henry and Jack was so sweet. Love mama JJ :) I also love how they implied that Henry and Jack (despite the big age difference) hang out regular. Very cute! Can’t wait for tonight’s episode. Gonna be a great one! I need Criminal Minds to be renewed for season 12!

8. Michael Martens says:

U got rid of Derrick Morgan, show socks without him. Who careshould how S11 ends and even more how S12 will be. The creators and controllers of the show are morons.

9. Audrey Norton says:

I Think As A Wonderful Team. They Should Not Destroy The Show. People Always Looking Forward To Watch Criminal Minds. I Hope The Team Get Back Together Very Soon.

10. Anthony E. Scherler says:

What a wonderful way to lead into the introduction of Shemar Moore’s replacement. Mr. Jeremy Renner (Mission Impossible fame). What a perfect recasting for the team !!

11. Debbie Howell says:

Please do not cancel Criminal Minds it’s been my favorite show since 2005. It has great plots a tremendous cast even though Shemar Moore left it will still be great. The cast is like a family I just love it I never miss an episode pls renew it for the fall of 2016 everyone I know enjoys it it has super ratings it’s just great in all areas. Love this show

12. Debbie Jean Howell says:

Renew Criminal Minds for the fall it is just a wonderful show I watch every week since it began, it will be good even without Shemar the cast is great after all Weatherly is leaving NCIS & it’s still going strong well that’s how I feel about CM pls renew I’ve watched this show & only this show since the beginning

13. Victoria Bell says:

CBS should buy all of Criminal Minds then this won’t be an issue. Shemar is off but the team members left are amazing. Please renew this show. It has always been my favorite and I know I’m not alone.

14. Maryann Cortright says:

CBS, Criminal Minds has been my favorite show for all 11 Seasons now. I love The Walking Dead and Law and Order :SVU also. But CM’S is such an amazing show with amazing Characters (esp Hotch 😊😘). The writers and creators have made CM’S flow seamlessly from 1 season to the next for 11 seasons. I know we all miss Shemar but it’s all the characters that make CM’S what it’s been and is. It would be such a shame not to renew CM’S for a 12th season. Take a cue from NBC/Law and Order SVU. 17 or 18 seasons and the fans are so happy for each renewed season of it. Great shows like that and Criminal Minds can survive longevity and not become boring. So please, renew CM’s for another season.