Exclusive

Bones Sneak Peek: Are Angela and Sebastian More Than Just Friends?

This Thursday’s Bones (Fox, 8/7c) has all the ingredients necessary for ‘shipper heartbreak: a marriage in trouble and a handsome third party.

Photographer Sebastian Kohl (guest star Gil Darnell) visits mentee Angela at the Jeffersonian in this exclusive video and suggests they meet at his private studio next time — but why?

Angie surmises that he just doesn’t want to run into his ex, Cam. Her thinking is logical, but could the invite have more to do with the artist than her boss? Given certain recent marital struggles — Hodgins is pushing his wife away, per the official episode description — the idea that Sebastian might want to connect with Angela over more than just art isn’t so crazy.

Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Angela and Hodgins’ future.

1. atxnole says:

Hopefully this Hodgins story line is over soon. It’s insufferable.

• Sheryl says:

^Ditto

• Jeri says:

I want Hodgins and Angela. There love was so strong!

• Desiree says:

It honestly feels so contrived. The way he is speaking to everyone (especially Angela) is so over-the-top and pouty. He can’t open his mouth without some snarky comment coming out. It doesn’t feel realistic, even considering the traumatic nature of his injury…instead, it feels like a way for the writers to create marital drama for them…

• Tom-VA49 says:

I agree. Adjusting to a life altering condition makes you angry at the world, but you always need one ally.

• mooshki says:

It doesn’t seem true to his character either.

• Mallory says:

I don’t agree that it’s not in his character. Season 1 Hodgins was pretty angry and snarky for not as good of reasons as being in a wheelchair. Remember the rubber band? Granted, he wasn’t as cruel, but he had a pretty bad attitude that Bones called him on a lot. Sure, he’s made a lot of progress through the seasons, but that doesn’t mean he can’t revert back, especially with what he’s going through. That being said, ugh, he is annoying the heck out of me so I agree with those saying it better end soon! :)

• cherialyon says:

Yes, please! Hodgins makes me so mad and so sad. I’m smad.
      (10 points for the first TVline fan to get that reference)

2. Lily says:

There was nothing in that sneak peek that would have one wondering if they’re more than friends… This could (and probably will) be one of those cases where lots of people will just get mad because of the headline and they won’t even watch the clip.
    Anyway, I hope this won’t turn into a cheating storyline. I wouldn’t blame Angela for feeling tempted but hopefully, she won’t actually do anything stupid.

3. Jen says:

This whole Hodgens storyline to me has been the first major misstep by the new show runners . It’s contrived , it’s painful to watch, it turns a beloved character into a complete jerk and now possibly a cheating storyline? Just no.

4. They need have Booth or Wendell punch Hodgins and tell him that if he keeps acting like an ass, he is going to lose the best thing in his life.

5. July Lark says:

Go for it Ang, you and Cam have a history of sharing boyfriends. All is well. Dump Hodgkins, he doesn’t deserve you.

6. anon says:

It’s on TJ Thyne too, he basically begged the writers for this storyline, to show off his acting, or in my opinion his over acting.

Anyway, Angela wants to run off with this guy go for it, better than staying in a toxic marriage of mental abuse, poor Michael their son too

• 1mars says:

Yes, anon, Booth had brain cancer, was shot up by his own men and thrown in jail for months and he didnt go off on Brennan. Its a horrible storyline, the writers made Hod much worse than he had to be. I know they won’t break up but my view of Hod has changed forever. No pity party for Hod at my house.

• anon says:

Yes agree, Booth has had many life changing incidents like you mentioned. The brain tumour inparticular affected his life for many months, he never knew if he would be ok again. But he dealt with it with integrity & humility. The same for Wendell who faced death by a very aggressive type of cancer. Again he dealt with it gracefully

Hodgins isn’t the only who has got dealt a crappy hand, I am over his abusive pity party. What a absolute douche.

• MS says:

No Booth just gambled and put his pregnant wife and child at risk. Then couldn’t even be bothered with a decent sincere apology.

Oh and the brain tumor story– Booth gets warned that he may permanently damage Brennan if he changes his mind about his love. Then claims this grandiose 50 year love and in less than a year completely denies its existence to his new gf.

Hodgins is acting like a douche…. but Booth’s perpetually a jerk.

• Jen says:

The Bones writers botched the gambling storyline. Why they thought Booth relapsing was a good storyline is beyond me. Now they are botching up this Hodgins story as well.

• anon says:

Oh for gawd sake. We are talking about how people deal with life changing medical situations

Booth dealt with getting his brain cut open and digging out a brain tumour 1xM times better than Hodgins. This has NOTHING to do with his gambling or Booth moving on with Hannah

But good job on twisting things to make Booth the bad guy when we are talking about Hodgins unacceptable behavior of spousal abuse.

• heather says:

Don’t ya just love the Bones fan who has to make Hannah relevant even in the Hodgins paralysis storyline?!

Seriously there is a whole sub section of the Bones fandom than needs group trauma counselling re: Hannah. BUILD A BRIDGE or watch Frozen but either way get over it

Booth dealt with the IMMEDIATE after affects of having a brain tumour removed with poise – the first half of S5 is the reference – *nothing* to do with gambling or Hannah, try to stay on point. (FYI Hodgins was even an asshole to Booth during this time, wagging his fingers asking him how many he had – cos having a brain tumour & possible brain damage is so funny, right Hodgins?)

Hodgins being paralysed is the most vile version of himself as possible. And his attitude is his choice. The bomb explosion didn’t damage his brain, he knows his behavor is wrong yet expects a free pass cos he’s in a wheel chair. Wrong on so many levels.

• kmw says:

How do you know he ” begged” for this story. You could also make the leap that this story was offered to David and Emily and they refused, but that would also be conjecture. I have watched Bones along time and one thing everyone should get from this show is that this story isn’t going to last much longer(look at Booth and Brennan last year, even if they knew they were coming back sooner than they did, would they have really kept them separated longer than they did? No) The end of this season is going to go back on Booth and Brennan in some form or another so expect his anger to subside as well. I also expect Booth to give it to Hodgins or possibly Hodgins will see what he has done and own up to it. Nothing in this specific clip tells me Angela is even remotely interested in this guy. Hodgins is being a jerk and he is going to find out sooner or later what his behavior might cost him just like Booth last year.

• anon says:

I said “basically” begged for it.

Read any interview with the showrunners, TJ is the biggest champion of Hodgins in a wheelchair, he had been badgering them about it since he thought it was going to happen in ep1/2 of S11, but that got pushed back cos David was was sick and the first two eps had to get rejiggered.

Its on TJ too, he wanted this just as much as the writers.

His over the top angry acting is on TJ too, I actually don’t know why none of the directors aren’t pulling him back when acting Hodgins. I was glad he was barely in ep 13, and the ep was better without every other scene of the Hodgins pity party

7. Pat says:

This is what I was hoping would not happen to their marriage. It is bad enough that they put the character of Hodgins in a wheel chair and then they have a lot of tension going on between Angela and him and now there might be an affair to top it off????? I will be mad and this is coming from a very long time fan of Bones.

8. grys03 says:

After the initial 2 seconds of Hodgins’I’m hurt so I have a right be an a**hole’ I was over it. Angela should have kicked him out & told him to sort himself out. Cam dhould have put him in his place for behaving like an idiot in the workplace & not showing proper respect to fellow workers.
    & all the above is just wasted words – wtf were the writers doing when they wrote this drivel? Have they really run out of ideas? They have built a wonderful character over a period of many seasons only to turn him into a loony? These are the types of silly storylines that destroy TV series.
    Fix it.

9. Tom-VA49 says:

Hodgins cure for what’s ailing him counseling from is Angela’s dad.

10. kmw says:

I doubt Bones goes to far with Angela and this guy. Hodgins may be pushing Angela away but I don’t think she is interested in him at all and that scene didn’t make me think otherwise. Poor Angela, I do hope they turn a corner with Hodgins soon because he has become too much of a jerk and despite what Peterson thinks some of us never cared for angry Hodgins in first season. Still could be a good episode because of Brennan having to testify before FBI committee. Her lines should be good

11. Dominique says:

i hope what michaela conlin said is true; that angela is sticking by her man.
    people who complain about this storyline and hodgins’ anger obviously don’t understand the situation very much. it’s not like he broke his leg and has to be in a caskett for 6 weeks. he’s paralyzed. in a wheelchair. he’s a young man with a wife and a child and a job he loves and he’s gonna have to do all of it in a wheelchair.
    the way he’s treating angela is not ok but his anger and bitterness makes sense and shouldn’t be considered annoying.

• anon says:

You are glad Angela is standing by her man?

Really? Is the message you want to send to woman in 2016 they must stand by their man when they are being mentality abused? When their kid is being mentality abused and/or witnessing it?

You did note in ep 13 Angela said Hodgins was WORST at home?

• Dominique says:

i feel like you looked at my message and all you saw was something that you’ve completely taken out of context.
        yes, i am glad angela is sticking by her man, in the sense that if people would be like you and apparently leave their spouses this easily, people with a disability would have it even worse.
        hodgins is being a d*ck to angela and the others and that’s not okay. he should realize these are the people wanting to help him, who love him.
        but again; he’s in A WHEELCHAIR. do you expect him to be sad for a few days and then sing about how the sun is coming out tomorrow? please. that’s not how it works. and your loved ones should not give up on you that easily.
        bones is treating this storyline the way it should be and i for one am glad.
        if only so people like you can see that yes; you DO stick by your person when this happens to them.

• Joolzac says:

I agree with you .. You can’t tell me, waking up and finding out you are not going to walk again doesn’t mess with you. His reaction is exactly as it should be. He’s angry and he’s scared. It’s a process he has to work through. If he’d just said, “oh, so I’m never going to walk again? Cool! Let’s build ramps!” I’d have thrown my remote at the TV. It’s not easy. It’s frightening because you don’t know how you’re going to live your life, you don’t know how you’re going to be the person you were to your family. He won’t be like it forever, but he has to get through the anger and fear. And that means Angela has to get through it too. If their marriage is truly strong, they will survive it (and I’m sure they will. It is a TV show after all). And let’s not forget that Hodgins was a perpetually angry man when the show started. It’s part of his DNA. This has brought it all bubbling to the surface.

Oh and before anyone jumps down my throat, I was in a situation where I woke up and couldn’t walk.. and I was in a wheelchair for 5 months. Trust me. I was angry and I was scared)

12. anon123 says:

ABORT

13. Steve says:

It’s a no brainer, she’s a ho, Hodgins is crippled. She’s going to fall on her bad and kick the heels up in no time. Why not this guy…

14. C Rack says:

It’s not an affair. Cam broke up with Sebastian because of her ex boyfriend is back and she still loves him. I think I’m right about this.

15. Amanda says:

I dislike this storyline so much that I actually deleted the last two eps from my pvr. I’m sad but I think I’m done with Bones now.

16. Christy says:

This is absurd. Hodgins is her person. Ratings aren’t going to go up if they mess with that. Let it go

17. John NYC says:

Straighten Hodgins out asap or dump him. Those are her real choices imho. Because this Hodgins doesn’t deserve her: period. And she certainly doesn’t deserve all the spousal abuse garbage: wheels or no wheels. Oh and Cam needs to give him a similar boss to employee talking to.

• John NYC says:

That said cheating on Hodgins would not be the route to take. Being tempted by some one who isn’t being an abusive jerk? Sure.

18. lyn says:

Omg already!! Enough!!! Enough with angry hodgins!!! And Angela would tell him!!! By angry hodgins ” this is Sebastian ” but whoever is writing this thinking its “original ” ???? Not!!!! ExpecTed!!! Angela is better than that!