The Blacklist Liz Dead

The Blacklist Recap: Mourning Glory

“I can’t live for long with what I feel inside. I don’t see how anyone can.”

Raymond Reddington has said a lot of heartbreaking things on The Blacklist, but those 16 words, spoken while trying to sum up his sadness over Liz’s death, might just be the gloomiest he’s ever uttered.

Those two sentences also encapsulate the general mood of Thursday’s episode of the NBC drama, its second outing since Liz was unceremoniously (and only possibly) killed off. As the hour unfolds, we become privy to the ways in which each FBI task force member is coping with Liz’s death — and even though none of them are falling apart quite as badly as Red, none of them have quite reached the acceptance stage of grief, either.

Still, only so much time can be dedicated to mourning Liz in public. After the team lays their friend to rest — complete with eulogies from Cooper and Aram that probably had you ugly-crying all over the place — their attention turns to investigating the anonymous group that hunted down Liz on her wedding day. Even though Aram is in emotional shambles and could seriously use a helping hand from Red, the task force’s tech guru manages to pull himself together and zero in on who was surveilling Liz the day she died: a nameless team of mercenaries who use a global satellite network to keep track of their targets.

In the days since Liz’s death, it seems the mysterious mercs have shifted their focus to Benjamin Stalder, a powerful executive at the Energy Consortium Group. And because you likely have no interest in reading a 10,000-word recap, I’m going to cut right to the chase with this Stalder business: Even though the mercs injure and/or kill a good chunk of Stalder’s security team, he’s able to get out of the country before the anonymous baddies off him – but his escape from the U.S. might not exactly be a good thing.

The Blacklist Liz DeadDuring the episode’s final acts, Cooper realizes that Stalder must somehow be connected to Liz’s unfortunate demise, despite his initial statement that he had zero knowledge of who “the fugitive” was, outside of what he heard about Liz on the news. With the help of security footage from Stalder’s hotel, Cooper discovers that one hour before the energy exec was abducted by the mercenaries, he met with a mysterious, dark-haired woman (played by Famke Janssen, who makes her official debut in next week’s episode) for a conversation that, even via grainy security snapshots, seems intense.

And that’s not all. When Cooper recruits Tom to help out with the case, Tom begins to follow Cynthia Panabaker, the White House counsel. He stays on her tail as she heads to the airport that evening, and when Cynthia arrives on the tarmac, she too has a brief conversation with Janssen’s character. But who is this woman?! As Tom and Cooper look over their photos of her, Tom takes a wild guess that she is Liz’s mother, Katarina Rostova — but, as we all know from last week’s episode, that couldn’t be further from the truth. (Hmm, if only there were a backdoor pilot coming up that explained her involvement in this whole ordeal…. oh, wait!)

Anyway, you might be wondering where Red has been during all of this, and the short answer is that he pays an unexpected visit to Liz’s grandfather, Dom, to inform him of Liz’s death. Dom is understandably devastated by the news, and he’s even more bitter toward Red than ever — considering Red was indirectly responsible for both his daughter and granddaughter’s lives being ended.

In a moment of desperation, Aram comes to Dom’s house, hoping to convince Red to rejoin the task force and assist with their investigation into Liz’s adversaries. Red, to no one’s surprise, flat-out refuses — but when Dom tells Red a compelling story about the hopelessness he felt when Katarina died, Red has a change of heart, and he agrees to get back in the saddle alongside Aram and the FBI team.

Other developments in the hour:

* Tom finally learns how to swaddle baby Agnes, and Ryan Eggold’s scenes with his on-screen daughter are some of the TV season’s most precious.

* Having attended Liz’s funeral together, Cooper and Charlene take baby steps toward rekindling their romance. Three cheers for Cooper (hopefully) not sleeping in his office soon!

* It’s official: The most gut-wrenching moments on The Blacklist are the ones when Aram cries. Can’t. Deal.

With that, I turn it over to you. What did you think of Thursday’s episode? Tell us in the comments section below!

1. wrstlgirl says:

Excellent episode!!

2. Tom Richards says:

The Blacklist killed not only Liz but also the show itself. This reset is not for me.

• CM says:

give it a chance – she may be back.

• DJT says:

Seriously, if Liz pops out of a cake at the end of the season/or shows up next season after all this death stuff— funeral/speeches/grief scenes/depressed characters who can barely cope, etc.— then the producers have jumped the shark.

I ask again, if last week Red encountered Katarina Rostova HOW is it possible that he had no clue as to who she was? Never recognized this supposedly tragically crucial person in his life???

Seems the producers are so intent on a spin-off— as the entire show now seems to exist solely for setting up their new franchise— that the silliness has no bounds as “The Blacklist” continues to be diminished. Particularly Red who now seems to hang around solely as a device for the new show.

• Seamus Joyce says:

I believe that last week’s events with Red were mostly a dream. Remember when the woman says something like “Raymond you know…” when they’re togther. At the end, it hits him that he’s been hallucinating or dreaming.

• dee says:

But he had been in an opium den before he started hallucinating for that eppie..

• Seemed pretty obvious last week he was having flash backs to when he first met Katarina…

• Bill says:

…and the person at the end of the show wasn’t Katarina, but the female agent that Tom will eventually team up with in the new spinoff.

• Ben says:

I’ll give it until the end of the season before assuming Liz is actually dead.

• HAP says:

I think you’ll have to wait until next season to find out about Liz. The very reason that Liz’s character was written out was Megan Boone’s pregnancy. Since she already had a baby on the show, she cannot show back up pregnant. They may throw in some hints, but I think it will be a summer cliffhanger.

• Joe says:

Who needs you?

• SAM says:

Have to disagree. Because the writers do not handle her character very well, I am glad that she is gone and her death will give the other characters more opportunity to shine.

• wrstlgirl says:

100% agree. Sadly I think it’s all a ruse but I’m really, REALLY hoping I’m wrong.

• Beezers says:

I agree with you. Liz’s character turned into a whiny mess of quick-change teen-like emotions, and I was tired of it. The episodes without her have been much better.

• Gospino says:

Lol, it’s obvious she isn’t dead.

• donholley77 says:

Who said Liz is dead? Not the show’s EPS ms. Boone, or NBC, until they do, I belive she’s alive!

• Christina Stibely says:

I want Red to get revenge! Sort of like karma. But I know he’s a criminal and mass murderer. So he’ll kill all of them and they’ll get what’s coming to them. Even though I don’t agree with that in real life. It’s ironic that he still has a fondness for her and actually loves her which makes him a little more of a human being. I want to see him win! But i want him to loose against Katerina Rostova! I believe she took her daughter away from Red because honestly he was putting her in extreme danger all the time. And Dr Kaplan is in on it to help Liz and Rostova to keep her save because Red failed so miserably.

• James5385 says:

Still not dead.

3. Tom Paine says:

About time you killed her off. She was childish, immature, and was wrong in every decision ever made, distracting from what could have been a great mystery show.
    Now that it is no longer a soap opera, I hope to see better writing.

4. Johnny says:

Could the mystery woman be Tom’s mother? I don’t think she’s Liz’s mother based on last week’s episode. Tom did mention that he didn’t know his family when he was speaking to the doctor.

5. Kevin K says:

Aram’s speech was outstanding. Can’t wait for next week’s episode with Famke Janssen which could led to the spin-off if it gets picked up as a series for NBC.

6. Oh h-ll, I just knew the Blacklist would get even BETTER… and it did with the last episode and this one! Love it!!

• Justbecause says:

I totally agree with you! These last two episodes have been great, and everyone has upped their performances.

7. BEST EVER! That includes the last episode with Liz’s demise and this episode! Love the Blacklist!

8. Ben says:

Aram is my favourite part of this show. A show with James Spader in it, at James Spader peak, and Aram is still my favourite part of this show. That’s how great Aram is.

• grys03 says:

Absolutely! I would watch anything with James Spader but Amir (Aram) is wonderful, he just feels real. His reactions, his trusting nature – are spot on.
      Don’t for a moment think that Liz was/is dead – especially after Mr Kaplan’s private conversation with Liz.
      But we will see

9. Enaid says:

I still believe Red is her father, but not her mother’s husband. Once she told Red, you’re in love with my mother,but she was married to my father. He didn’t deny it or correct her. Red recused her from the fire and took her to Sam. And he killed Sam ( although he was dying) before he told Liz “the truth”. And why did Red have a picture of Liz sitting on a woman’s lap on a swing in his secret apartment.

• Bdcole says:

Also does anyone remember the burns on Red? At the very beginning there was a scene that showed his back with terrible burn scarring!

10. She’s off the show having her baby (real life). I believe she’ll be back.

11. Kelly says:

Can anyone explain why characters on the show keep saying her death was Red’s fault? Didn’t her Russian name get made public after she shot that politician, and that’s what got the mystery person’s attention, who then tried to kidnap her? Am I forgetting something? And why did the grandfather think his daughter killing herself because she was a spy and people were after her and her daughter also Red’s fault? I’m confused!

• fiberlicious says:

He got her into this whole thing to begin with.

• Justbecause says:

My take is that Red’s actions long ago set into action the consequences that followed. Something he did directly resulted in causing the fire, the loss of Lizzie’s father, the bad guys coming after his daughter (thus causing her to kill herself in order to protect her daughter), and years later the same organization coming after Liz when her cover is blown.

That being said it was actually Lizzie who unwittingly blew her own cover when she went to the Russian Embassy and proclaimed she was Masha Rostova. Of course, if Red had told her the truth she might not have blabbed her real name…so I guess that slip still goes back to Red making a judgement error.

• Marry says:

That is not entirely true. Remember when Liz was accused of killing Senator Hawkins? She was being interrogated by the Cabals pawns, where we learned that the Cabal new her real name before she went to the Russian Embassy. I agree with your first statement, that Katarina and Masha probably suffered directly from something that Reddington had done, but speaking of Liz being framed by the Cabal… That’s absolutely on her. She’s the one that barged into Directors office and showed him the Fulcrum… By doing that she instantly revealed herself as an enemy. And having in mind what she did was in order to save Reddingtons life, we can also assume that whatever he had done was with the same intention. But still, who knows.

• Mozy says:

It doesn’t make sense that Liz is dead I think wat happened is like this Rember how Mrs Kaplan was telling reddington that it’s all his fault that she was getting hunted because he promised her he could keep her safe and then she went into talk to Liz and tom and then when reddington came to tell tom that Liz is dead he already knew even though no one told him I’m guessing that when Mrs Kaplan when into talk to Liz and ton in that fake icu maybe she gave her a shot that put her into a sort of coma and then when she was in the sprinter she liked passed out and nick was in on the secret so he told red it was over and Mrs Kaplan took her away from red

• Diane says:

I have to agree with you that the show’s writing is confusing. For several seasons we were constantly teased with finding out the relationship between Reddington and Keene. I for one am getting tired of it. it’s as if the writers can’t figure out a plausible ending so they just killed her off (perhaps for a spinoff). That leaves Spader wheeling around without focus. Having Spader acting as he has, it seems to me, goes against his character of being a saavy, disciplined, deep thinking individual capable of inflicting pain to get info. A character like that doesn’t lose it completely. He may for a short time suffer emotionally before he gains control but wouldn’t go off the deep end. If you can find the short documentary’s that were made on the life’s of some of the crime world’s hit men, you will find that they did what they did because it was just business. They didn’t react emotionally and lose it.

12. Debbie Williams says:

Why was Liz killed off???? Terrible idea. I didn’t think one of the main characters were killed off. Very disappointing

• Jake says:

For the last time: She was “killed off” because Megan Boone, the actress playing the character, was pregnant. Her baby was born April 15 (a girl). Boone was therefore unavailable for work in the final weeks of her pregnancy and the first several months of maternity, because she’s being a good and responsible mom. Can we all be happy for her and her husband??

Megan Boone is still in the opening credits for The Blacklist. By no account has she resigned, and no production company is going to fire a major cast member for having a child. SO yes, as everyone else on this message board already has said, it seems clear that her death was faked and that “Mr. Kaplan,” the woman who assists Red in cleaning up crime scenes and disposing of bodies, was in on the ruse. Megan Boone will be back for the next season; there’s no show without her and the only question is how it will be “explained.”

• DJ says:

Megan Boone is not married. Maybe she does not want to come back to work. Why do people assume that the writers are at fault? The actress made a non-work related decision.

• Jim capristo says:

I think this show is so intense, makes me want to know the next hour but have to wait till next week , I have been watching since the beginning . I still am in shock that Liz passed on , was wandering why her name is still on the list I think at the beginning if she is dead ok keep up the good work. Thank you regards . Jake I agree

• DJ says:

Have you considered that the actress might not want to continue in this role?

13. Bryn says:

I dont knowwww… Closed casket funeral aaand Aram quoting Romeo & Juliet (first mention in the series, as far as I know, and apparently its Liz’s favourite??), I reckon the blacklist could be borrowing the ‘fake your death to escape people’ storyline

14. fiberlicious says:

Aram had me sobbing in my cornflakes – and I don’t even think she’s dead! And that scene with him lying on his sofa with tears running down his face? waaaaaaay ugly cry.

15. Tom-VA49 says:

I love plot twists but I need a plot I can follow. Liz was alive, then she was dead but not really so she’s alive for a brief time but now she’s dead again (maybe). I liked it when Red contacted Liz with the villain of the week.

This business of a Cabal and/or many other evil organizations that can monitor our movements via satellites that are no longer in use and good people who are actually bad people who might become good people leaves me Lost – another show I stopped watching when I couldn’t keep up.

By the way… the casting of Deirdre Lovejoy as Cynthia Panabaker was a little careless. She recently finished a long arc as the Grave Digger in Bones, and while some people can be evil in one show and good in another, Ms. Lovejoy isn’t one of them.

16. Cathy C. says:

Just make sure that after Megan has her baby that you bring her back!!!

17. Mara says:

Best. Episode. Ever!!!

18. C. E. Leonard says:

…Is it true the Blacklist spinoff will be called “The Grey Zone”…?

19. Jojo says:

They had to put Liz in a medical induce coma and she is dreaming.

20. C penrose says:

Last night’s episode was so weak. Tom can’t learn to swaddle a baby? Red staying with Liz grandfather even though they dislike each other intensely? Very disappointed!

• DJ says:

What leads you to believe Dom was real?

• donholley77 says:

I never thought Don was a hallucination! Cool theory!

• DJ says:

Don, Did you not notice the similarities in this episode to Cape May? Conversation over a simple meal, the piano…Dom hiding around the corner when someone came to the door. I thought you understood everything about this show; don’t disappoint me now.

• ChristinaStibely says:

It could be a dream or hallucination! I’m hoping I think like most people that watch this show won’t watch if Liz does not return. I’m one of them! Just waiting and looking for signs she’s alive. I think Liz innocence was good with Red’s lack of conscience when he kills people.

21. Kimberly R Davis says:

Does anyone know the name of the piano piece played by Brian Dennehy’s character near the end of the episode?

• MP says:

You can look on TuneFind for the info.

• DJ says:

According to a post elsewhere by composer Kurt Kuenne: “Crime of Passion” should be available on CD Baby and iTunes within the week, I’ll post on my Facebook page (facebook.com/kurtkuennefilmmaker) and Twitter – @KurtKuenne – as soon as the link is live. The piece is a piano solo arrangement of the theme from my score for Jon Bokenkamp’s first feature “Preston Tylk” and is my own original composition (the information above about it being from “Taking Lives” and being written by Walter Werzowa is incorrect; I wrote it). Glad you enjoyed it! :)

22. George H. says:

Liz is still alive. How do I know? None of the cast wished Megan Boone good luck in future endeavours or had tearful goodbyes, saying how much they loved working with her and so on on Social Media like it normally happens. Like what happened on Castle and Arrow, when ABC basically fired Stana Katic and Tamala Jones or when Katie Cassidy’s character Laurel Lance died on Arrow. All the cast were swarming with comments in those cases. Liz’s “death” is only because Megan Boone was on maternity leave.

Liz will return eventually, and I bet Mr. Kaplan will be behind the fake death because she blames Red for Liz being in the situation she was in. And besides, it was a closed casket. Dead people always return to tv shows when there is a closed casket at their funeral, lol.

• George H. says:

Just thought of more… how they can work it with Liz without the baby going forward. Liz is probably in a coma, so probably isn’t actively participating in the death cover up. And when she comes out of the coma, Tom and the baby are already off doing his thing, hiding and hunting Solomon on the spinoff. Season 4 will be Liz trying to find Tom and the Baby.

• donholley77 says:

TY so much! For saying what I’ve been saying for the past two weeks! Anybody that belives liz is truly dead, is delusional, & never really liked the show, or understood it! !

• DJ says:

Really? What makes you “believe” the “clues” of E18? Too obviously placed in an otherwise obscure plot. The writers can easily change the outcome of these events at a stroke of a pen (or if a new mother decides she’d rather stay at home).

• DJ says:

Here’s a bigger question to ponder: is Red really Raymond Reddington? There is much more to this story than Liz.

23. Walkie says:

The Aram grief just doesn’t work. I get that he would be sad because Liz was his friend but he’s acting like it was his wife or mother. Way too over the top.

• Jenny says:

It is not fair to ever criticize anyone’s level of grief. I love his and Red’s chemistry. Their shared love of Liz, as a friend, father, coworker, WHATEVER.. Successfully filled the void of Liz. Great job by the writers and actors!

24. amadczech says:

Unfortunately this season proved to be a total disappointment. Liz was transformed into this weak, childish, mopey character. Red has ended up as another sentimental fool and the real purpose of the series: to reveal the “blacklist” has backfired. I’ll go back to watching the first two seasons. All good things come to an end.

25. Don’t believe Liz is dead ,the revange will be sweet but she have to come back in the show 😢😢😢

26. Mara Jask says:

Black List is going no where.. What was once one of the best shows on TV has become a revolving door that won’t let you out while your brain has been shot up with Novocain. To make matters worse the commercials (which go on and on ad nauseam) are more exciting than the show. I’m moving on.

27. Katrina Koontz says:

I personally think she isn’t dead. Right after Liz wouldn’t allow Red into her room, Mr. Kaplan went in and spoke to both her and Tom. Then after that, Mr. Kaplan blamed Red and told him he wasn’t keeping her safe. I think Mr. Kaplan took things into her own hands to protect Liz. Plus there’s no way Tom wouldn’t be devastated and useless like Red. Plus, nobody told Tom what was going on, but when Red showed up to tell him Liz was dead, he already knew. I think Liz is alive and just waiting for there to be confirmation that everyone from who wants to kill her to who wants to save her believes she really dead.

28. Fairbank says:

“Liz” is on right life maturity leave. She is not dead. “Kaplan” helped her fake her own death….just wait until the season finale. LOVE the show and SPADER!!!! He is brilliant.

• J. Patrick says:

I agree with all of you who say Liz is not dead. There is also proof of this. Go back to your DVR recordings of the show. 2 things . . . Liz’s photo flashes briefly in that intro. piece with Bokencamp’s name. She’s followed by a photo of Red. And then in the opening listing of actor’s names, Megan Boone is still there. When a character dies for good in a show, their name and photo are removed from the opening sequence. Not so here. Megan is on maternity leave. My guess is we’ll see her early in Season 4, since they generally start filming new seasons in July. She’ll have from April 15th until July to tend to her new daughter.

• wrstlgirl says:

LOL, you don’t need to do any detective work to know that she’s not dead. (still hoping she is though)

• DJ says:

Well, unless Megan Boone decides to be a stay-at-home mom and give up this role. Do you know if she is under contractual obligation for season 4?

• wrstlgirl says:

It’s certainly possible that she could do that. I just seems, at least to me, that there’s more evidence that Liz is alive rather than dead. I mean what would be the point of keeping it a secret if Boone is really off the show? I don’t have a clue what kind of obligation she has going forward.

• donholley77 says:

Most actors on series have contracts that last 5-7 seasons.

• wrstlgirl says:

Key word there being “most”

• donholley77 says:

I should’ve said lead actors. I imagine if MB was leaving, she would’ve said something by now. Unti she does, i belive liz is alive! I do know you can’t buy the publicity the show is getting right now!

29. vfarlo says:

No way Liz is dead. Her convo with Mr. Kaplan before her death was too convenient. Kap. just told Red to leave Liz alone, then there’s a private conversation. Suspicious. No open casket either.
    My theory: Liz is alive. Just have to wait and see.

30. donholley77 says:

Liz’s “death ” & the fallout have been EXCELLENT! ! Every week I’m rivited trying to figure out Red’s REAL connection to liz, not bored by it! Those that are, or believe Liz is really dead; never understood ‘The Blacklist ‘

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I’m calling BS on that. Whatever the connection is between Red and Liz has gone on way so long it’s ridiculous at this point. And just because I say that and/or feel that way does not mean I don’t understand the show. That’s just idiotic.

• J. Patrick says:

I have a question of all of you. I may have missed this, but did Red kill that doctor who took care of Liz? He was interrogating the Dr. in the beginning of Episode 19. Then Red said something like everyone dies. I never did catch what happened to him, or is this a small mystery too?

• donholley77 says:

TY for proving my point! What you (& others ) don’t understand about BL Is it is NOT A traditional network drama! It was designed to have to have a beginning, middle & end. We’re in the middle!

• wrstlgirl says:

Exactly what does this have to do with J. Patrick’s question. Look you’re entitled to your opinion, of course, regarding the show but to comment over and over again how people here don’t understand the show is not only inaccurate but just plan rude.

• DJ says:

Don, great. I’ve been looking for someone who is in complete understanding of this show. Can you tell me 1) is Red really Raymond Reddington? 2) What happened on the night of the fire? Are there two little girls, or one? 3) Red really married to Namoi (Carla) -is Jennifer his daughter? Where is Jennifer now? I have more questions….

• donholley77 says:

I think you know I don’t have the answers! But I’m enjoying trying to figure it out! My ‘complete understanding ‘ of the show is about ‘enjoying the ride,’ it takes me on every week, Sorry you’re not enjoying it!

• DJ says:

Don, The Blacklist is actually my favorite show (along with The Americans). My point is that there are layers upon layers of mystery and intrigue on this show, starting with S1E1. It is complex and I love that. I’m over the Red-Liz (Daddy or romance) theories – There’s more to the show and I think we agree on that. Yes, sorry, I was giving you a bit of a hard time; you handled it well.

31. Jason says:

Right now we’re seeing a glimpse of the world without Liz and it’s fascinating but pretty depressing. Once this current pursuit is over, Red would have no reason to stay with the FBI and no real driving force in general. Whether you like or dislike Liz or vacillate somewhere in the middle, She and Red constitute the shows beating heart. Her quest for answers and Red’s need to be close to her is the engine propelling everything. If you take out one part, the machine starts to sputter. Right now they are lifted on the wave of trauma and the emotion pulled in it’s wake. Come next season, when they try to settle into a procedural groove, the machine will falter without her. That’s why I believe her return is inevitable. The writers of this show know full well, the uphill battle her loss would leave on their shoulders. Unless she asked to leave the show, there is no way they would willingly make that call. And since Megan Boone has never spoken in any public way about her departure, as is typically the case when an exit is legitimately final, I believe the whole business was a ruse, meant to be revealed in the last moments of this season.

32. Nancy McCarthy says:

Liz is not dead. I think the only person who knows is the woman (can’t think of her name) who comes and cleans up all of Reddington’s crime scenes. They are trying to protect the baby. Not sure what’s coming next……….can’t wait.

33. Luis says:

My wife and I actually met the actor who plays Aram in a New York Staples. he was shopping with his mother, and he was lovely.

34. herman1959 says:

Liz will definitely be back, but I bet they’ll try to turn it into a cliffhanger for next season’s premiere.

35. Jessica says:

Let’s not forget one thing, James Spader is not only the star of The Blacklist he is also one of the executive producers, any changes would have to be okayed by him as well as every other show-runner. The main problem I have is that if Liz agreed to a fake death she was also agreeing to leaving her newborn and premature infant, what mother would ever do that willingly? If Kaplan engeneered this she was wrong in not trusted Red, who better to make both mother and child disappear, my guess is she is inirectly working for Susan Hargrave or perhaps ( and this is a stretch) Liz’s real mother ( remember the painting, Liz standing over the grave of Red). I think Megan was miscast in this role, however she is entenched now and unless they hire a better actress and replace her, perhaps saying she had plastic surgery ( only Red and Denbe would know) frankly I’m glad the whole Tom and Liz soap opera seems to be over. If she does come back please no more whining, childish blaming of Red, really had enough of that.James is the only reason I watch this show, I’m here as long as he is.

36. Gabby says:

Tvline did their annual May Sweeps Scorecard. My bet is that Liz is the one in witness protection. Just throwing that out there.

37. donholley77 says:

I appreciate all the comments! Keep ’em coming!

38. TFL says:

Amen to your last comment. Up until Aram’s graveside tribute, I held it together. The actor knocked it out if the Park. God bless him!

39. Terry Starr says:

Three powerful episodes in a row. Sad story line, but how great was it to see Spader and Dennehy work together? I hope we get to see that dynamic develop more.

40. sweethermione says:

Blacklist’s last 2 episodes were great! As I watched the “dream” episode all I could think of is that famous line, “I SEE DEAD PEOPLE”! I ‘ m glad that others are basically coming around to that way of thinking. Best show on TV, but how could it be otherwise, James Spader has to be one of the all time best actors. The man can play any part with perfection and no, I don’t have a thing for him!!

41. Pam Currier says:

Disappointed! I hope the show can come back but losing interest…

42. Beezers says:

I thought the show was much better without Liz’s teenaged angst!

43. Tomatogirl says:

Really can’t believe they actually killed Liz! She and Reddington were the show. Are we going to find out this was soms awful nightmare? How can the show keep going at the same intensity?

44. robert smith says:

A theory…: Mr. Kaplan has independently arranged this simulated death that even has Red deceived. When she had a ‘word’ with Liz, she worked her roguish shenanigans. Kaplan is hiding Liz until this latest threat has been exposed and dealt with, but Liz will be back next season.

45. Kadozi says:

Did the doc finally found a “way out” for Liz?

46. I am still in shock over liz dying, please let it be just a ruse .

47. Art Smith says:

Instead of riveted I find myself totally bored with this plot. Frankly, the way Liz treated Remington if I had been him I would have told her to eff off long ago. I’m pretty much done watching this show.

48. Terri says:

So Red is Liz’s dad?

49. All I can say is the show which happens to be our favorite one! I’m talking about the family actually watches it together! Better have a secret about Liz and she’s alive blacklist is about Red and her I can’t see it without them!

50. Michelle Allen says:

Im gutted what ive just seen.infact im bloody crying me eyes out.thank god nobody is home.LIz cant be dead surely.x