Limitless Renewed Cancelled

Ratings: Limitless Flat With Finale, Chicago Med Eyes 4-1/2 Month Highs

Leading out of NCIS reruns, the Season 1 finale of CBS bubble drama Limitless drew 5.63 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating on Tuesday night (per finals), steady week-to-week and thus holding onto its season-low demo.

TVLine readers gave the season ender an average grade of “A-.”

Elsewhere in the ratings….

NBC | The Voice (10.1 mil/2.0) added two tenths week-to-week. Chicago Med (9 mil/1.8) rose 10 percent and two tenths to hit and match its best numbers since Dec. 8. Chicago Fire (8.3 mil/1.7) was steady.

THE CW | The Flash (3.39 mil/1.3) was up a tenth, Containment (1.6 mil/0.5) matched its debut.

FOX | Grandfathered returned from a seven-week hiatus to series lows of 1.78 mil and 0.6. New Girl‘s two fresh episodes did 2.5 mil/1.0 and 2 mil/0.8.

ABC | Fresh Off the Boat (4.7 mil/1.3) was up 12 percent and two tenths to its best numbers since March 8; The Real O’Neals (3.5 mil/1.0) in turn rose 17 percent and two tenths. Agents of SHIELD (3.25 mil/1.0) inched up 14 percent (to its best audience since March 8) and a tenth.

1. Jason says:

I’d say Limitless has probably done just enough to survive. Rush Hour and Code Black will probably be first to the chopping block.

• wrstlgirl says:

That’s kinda a shame. I really like Code Black but Rush Hour is horrible. I tried with Limitless but it just wasn’t interesting to me.

• DL says:

It was a little generic at first, but now it’s really got a sense of identity and has become a lot more serialized. Reminds me of Person of Interest in that respect. Not saying Limitless is PoI level yet, but it’s got potential, and the first season overall ended up being quite enjoyable.

2. Boiler says:

I would say the 2 New Girl episodes were 2 of the funniest in a while. I always enjoy the show but these were great. Hopefully a harbinger for next season. Too bad no one watches FOX anymore.

3. Gerald says:

I’m partly to blame, I PVR’d Limitless. I only have 2 hours to watch on a Tuesday and Flash and S.H.I.E.L.D. seemed more pressing. BUT I love all 3 shows. I hope Limitless’s numbers go up in the playback numbers. And it has to be renewed. It is such a refreshing show on TV. I love it.

• N8frogg78 says:

That’s so cute! You really think what you watch effects the ratings? Unless you have a Neilson Box what you watch has no impact on these ratings my friend. It’s sad but only a select few really have a say in these numbers. There’s actually a pretty good “Family Guy” episode all about it, if you don’t want to actually look up how ratings are estimated.

4. Jane says:

Grandfathered’s return was not advertised well at all. I’m guessing ratings will be better once people see it on their DVR and realize it’s back.

5. jr. says:

Really like Limitless. The way the show ended, season 2 could be really interesting, because he won’t have to divide his loyalty’s anymore. He was even auditioning the cast for his team, which could be real for season 2, in the last minute of the show! Mike and Ike will now get to do more than babysit.

6. Joey Padron says:

Glad Limitless got pretty good ratings. Hope the DVR playback numbers will add more ratings for their season finale. Really hope the show gets renewed for season 2!

7. canadian ninja says:

I realize this show is a crime solving network production – but compared to others of its type this show is freaking Fantasia: Fury Road.

More people should watch. It’s freaking a FUN show.

8. AD says:

I really enjoyed Limitless. It seems they ended it as though it could be a series finale. Hope not though

9. Kerry Rogers says:

Limitless is entertaining- season finale clearly made it out not to be dropped! However, I’ve been highly disappointed by TV stations dropping a good show and keeping a something less interesting before 😭

10. mike says:

Limitless was about as perfect a series finale as it could get. No one important died, piper kinda returned, Brian is immune and picking up the fight again. I like the show. So much I actually bought the movie on Vudu as Id never seen it before. Hope it comes back

11. Senator Morra for President! says:

I WANT SEASON 2! The way each episode showed something different, added a new stylistic twist, really interested me. I think the writing is light and fun, with moments of pathos, and I think Jake McDornan is a great lead for this show. Bradley Cooper’s occasional appearances always up the tension level, and are just often enough to keep me super curious about what he’s up to. Plus, the potential of the show is huge, conceptually–imagine a world changed by NZT. Imagine being able to take it yourself; what would you do if you were an order of magnitude smarter than any other human being?

Honestly, this is my favorite show on TV right now.