Best TV Quotes

Quotes of the Week: Grey's Anatomy, Orphan Black, NCIS, Once and More

Whether you’re on the last leg of a Game of Thrones binge, rewatching Beyoncé’s Lemonade special for the umpteenth time or merely doing some DVR spring cleaning, chances are you need a break — and what better way to spend it than by scrolling through our Quotes of the Week?

This time around, we’ve got a Who’s the Boss? reference on Bob’s Burgers, a nod to the God of Thunder on S.H.I.E.L.D., passive-aggressive heartache on Bates Motel, plus double doses of Grey’s Anatomy, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and NCIS.

Check out the gallery below – or click here for direct access — then hit the comments and tell us if we missed any of your faves!

1. Lily says:

Too bad Bones didn’t make the list, there were some great lines this week.

“May the force remain in your proximity.”

“We love going viral.”
    “So do infectious diseases.”

2. Alison is the one sister I *always* forget is played by Tatiana because she’s so… Alison, and then I read Tatiana’s name and I’m like… oh! Right <3

• Sheila says:

I’m stunned by her every week. She should be studied in acting classes.

• Jill says:

The cast was on a panel somewhere, and Donnie(Kristian Bruun) was on panel being all chummy/jokey with Tatiana. I literally had a moment in thinking, “Why is he being like this, he barely has any scenes with Tatiana” And then had to remind myself of the genius that is Tatiana Maslany.

• RIGHT? With all of them, I have a moment, but I know it’s Tatiana, but then, there’s Alison, there’s something about her, and I forget!

• KT says:

It’s nice to know it’s not just me. I constantly finding myself forgetting Tatiana plays all of the sestras. She is amazing. I mean, the whole cast is fantastic, but how she so flawlessly plays each clone is 100% award worthy.

3. OM says:

Agents of SHIELD had another good one.

Fitz (looking at Simmons lovingly): “Who needs space? Because I’ve got something magnificent right here…”
    *Simmons leans in to kiss Fitz*
    Fitz: “A picture. Of space”

4. Mary says:

What? no final lines of the season from Cat Grant?

• Phun says:

Cat Grant does have the best lines! My favorite of BETTER ANGELS was at the end:

Cat: “This is a step up for you Keira. This is your end of Working Girl Moment. And if you take advantage of it, I really believe you can change the world.”
      Kara: “Ms Grant! The end of Working Girl always makes me cry!”
      Cat: “Me too! If you work hard, there might be a window in your future…. Kara…

(Cat finally pronounced Kara’s name correctly!)

5. Too bad you don’t do “Time Traveling Bong”:
    Sharee (on trial in 1691 Salem for being a witch): I’d like to read a statement that I’ve written…
    Reverend Hale: A WOMAN! WHO CAN READ! AND WRITE! THERE’S THE PROOF! BURN THE WITCH!
    The look of shock on her face was priceless. Ilana Glazer is worth watching for her facial expressions alone.

6. Kevin K says:

Colbert’s quote was hilarious.

7. evababy says:

I think almost every line from Brooklyn 99 could have been a best quote. My favorite:

Holt: When I die please give my regards to Kevin
    Bob: What should I tell him
    Holt: Regards

• KT says:

I thought that quote would make it on here, but they just have so many to pick from, so I get it. I completely agree that just about every line should be on here. I love B99.

• Anna says:

I didn’t see the episode, but I literally just laughed out loud upon reading this. Capt Holt is hilarious.

8. Pat Carland says:

Love Castle glad it’s staying around. Hate losing Becket. I don’t know why a good thing has to be messed with.

9. kirads09 says:

Malick – SHIELD (paraphrasing slightly) I believed I could resurrect a god, instead I freed the devil. *Mic Drop*

10. cjinsd says:

The funnier Lucifer exchange was when he and Chloe were trying to gain entrance to a satanist club. Chloe introduces Lucifer…

Satanist: You’re supposed to blond.
    Lucifer: Yes, I get that a lot.

This was such a great jab the show haters that if I had been drinking a beverage at the time, my tv would have been ruined.

11. Anna says:

Nah, the best lines from Grey’s came a few seconds later in this scene:

6 year old Zola: Mommy, why did Aunt Maggie stop have s-e-x with DeLuca?
    Meredith: Because he couldn’t handle that she was his b-o-s-s. Never date a man who can’t handle your p-o-w-e-r.