Kelly Ripa Returns to Live

Kelly Ripa Confirms Tuesday Live Return, Thanks Staff for Giving Her Time to 'Process' Strahan's Exit

Kelly Ripa’s high-profile “sickout” is coming to an end.

In an email sent to the staff of Live With Kelly and Michael late Friday, Ripa — who has been MIA since news broke Tuesday that co-host Michael Strahan would be leaving for a full-time gig at Good Morning America — promised to return to work on Tuesday.

“I wanted to thank you all for giving me the time to process this new information,” Ripa wrote (per Deadline). “Your kindness, support, and love has overwhelmed me. We are a family and I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday morning.”

According to reports, Ripa was blindsided when she learned of Strahan’s departure shortly after Tuesday’s program wrapped at 10 am, so much so that she failed to show up for work on Wednesday. As a result, Strahan was forced to awkwardly address his looming exit opposite guest co-host Ana Gasteyer. Ripa ended up missing Thursday and Friday’s shows as well (Erin Andrews filled in alongside Strahan both days, the latter of which was pre-taped).

Pretty Little Liars‘ Shay Mitchell will occupy Ripa’s chair on Monday.

While Strahan’s initial on-air statement about his transition to GMA on Wednesday did not mention Ripa by name — thanking only his fans and “an incredible staff here” — he addressed his counterpart of four years at the very end of the broadcast.

“I really want to thank of course Kelly Ripa because Kelly welcomed me here and I’ve learned so much from her,” he said. “She’s been an amazing influence on me and it has truly changed my life to be here with her. I know that the show will continue to be strong and great because of Kelly and Michael Gelman and the staff here. Everybody is so talented and this show has not been around for over 30 years by mistake… Kelly, I thank you and I love you and everyone else here at Live.”

1. Grace says:

You are an ungraterful skunk..

2. I think she has every right to be upset and need time to process. We have no idea how close they are or aren’t and no one likes a blindside. Who knows, she might feel disrespected. I know I would. If I was losing my partner and no one bothered to tell me, I would feel hurt and need to make a point about it.

3. She is a class a class act. I would be pissed as hell. I remember she went out on a limb for him. She really helped him.

• Anna says:

It’s very likely that he signed a contract with ABC saying he couldn’t say anything about it until the announcement. People sign those types of contracts all the time when the jobs are this public. So blaming him/icing him out makes her look like a five year old throwing a tantrum.

• liame says:

I agree. Also we don’t know for sure that Michael didn’t confide in Kelly on the down low and told her to play it her way, she is an actress after all. Anyway, it really has people talking and tuning in more than before.

• Leah says:

A class act??? She is a spoiled brat having a hissy fit. She needs to grow up and start behaving like a professional.

4. Jason says:

She has every right to be angry but I also think she’s a savvy business woman. With her own contract negotiations looming near, it was a smart way to show that she has some leverage in this game. Considering that she was already set to be absent for vacation during a portion of this time, it makes the whole thing seem even longer than it really is. And the main effect it will have on their show is a ratings boost when she comes back.

5. cuius says:

0 out of 10 for both sides

6. Opal Crist says:

I could tell a long time ago he was becoming quite the diva – thinks he’s indispensable – he should remember “what goes around comes around” – KARMA Michael.

7. Amanda says:

This was about more than just Michael leaving. It was TPTB that decided no one should know til they announced it. Neither she nor the producers were informed beforehand. That is a horrible way to treat employees.

• Tony says:

That’s the crux of it. And while I think he could have at least gave her the courtesy of taking her somewhere extremely private and filled her in on what was going on, Disney /ABC ultimately should have been the ones to have everyone on the same page.

• Jamie says:

Yeah, but if he was told that he couldn’t say anything, then he couldn’t have pulled her aside. Especially if it was going to jeopardize his job in any way.

• Mary says:

I blame ABC/Disney more than Michael, the public announcement could have waited a few weeks, after all he wasn’t leaving until September. The correct way would have been to have Michael make the announcement on Live after the dust had settle. I really don’t see the advantage of announcing it on the same day. In fact I think it has been a negative PR move. It is obvious the Corporate don’t give a hoot on who they step on.

8. Oscar the Oddity says:

I can’t help but wonder if she’s not jealous that she wasn’t the one chosen. I think she has a right to be upset, but I also believe that MS didn’t do anything wrong. He (and his reps) told people as soon as they were able to do so.

9. Belle says:

Everyone is being ridiculous! I’ve had to sign non-disclosure agreements at work and I’m not in the entertainment business. That is a typical thing employees are asked to sign upon taking the job…if Michael was told to keep quiet and he signed an agreement stating he would keep quiet than he had NO choice. This is all ABC’s fault, to either get a lot of publicity (no such thing as bad publicity) to make people tune in to both shows, and/or they have some real idiots making the decisions!!!! So get a grip everyone, it’s just business and this stuff really does happen more often than people know. Good Luck Michael, and hope you can find a co-host Kelly :) Onward and upward!

10. Amy says:

Kelly, get over yourself.

11. MBF says:

Where’s the “She has a right to be upset on a personal level but still needs to be an adult and show up to her job” option in this poll?

12. Stephen A. says:

I don’t understand how she has a right to be upset. What exactly gives her this right?

13. Dewey says:

This sounded like an underling at ABC who knew about the deal and leaked the information to establish street cred in order to get in bed with a reporter before anyone else had a chance to make the official announcement.

14. Diz says:

If I could get a week of paid vacation for everytime a co-worker of mine quit…I’d never have to work!

15. Kris says:

Kelly is the heart of the shoe. I have worked with people like him. They have such high opinions of themselves. Take comfort Kelly, the higher up they are they have,a long way to fall. Just remember about how karma ends up

16. Genevieve says: says:

Michael Strahan could’ve shown MORE respect for Kelly Ripa !!!!!!! MONTHS AGO !!!!!!! By telling her HIMSELF !!!!!!!! Why didn’t u Michael? !!!!!!!

17. MTMSLG says:

Disney has a long history of treating “the talent” like crap. Going as far back as Walt’s treatment of animators to corporate greed Disney’s ouster of Regis. And Strahan is a turd. He is so clearly NOT the gentleman he tried to portray himself to be as Ripa’s co-host.

18. parstl says:

We will never know why or if for sure he did not tell her. I think the network forced him to be quiet. If I was in his position I probably would have told her on the qt unless she had a rep of being a blabbermouth which a lot of celebrities are. I wish them both well.

19. Tina says:

Michael owes her respect to make sure she is in the loop on some thing so game changing. How would he feel if he were in her place. Do unto others……..

20. Mare winters says:

Wow, Kelly just joined the “everybody’s a victim” group. Way to go selfish baby girl. Who watches their crap show anyway?

21. MattySi. says:

I’m still so confused. Everybody is saying ABC this and ABC that but Live! airs on NBC. Yes, GMA is on ABC but they aren’t on the same network. At least not in my house.

22. MM says:

Michael had probably a nondisclosure agreement. She’s obviously more upset towards more people than him and to this type of situation in general. “close sources” keep notifying that she feels this and that, but we haven’t heard it from her, have we? I’m glad she stands up for herself, not because “Michael blindsided her” but that this situation had to blindside anyone at all, including us, the audience. In retrospect, it was a good thing to leave to Michael this week to handle HIS situation. She could only be there and act awkwardly for not knowing while pretending ‘she gonna miss him’… this is why you inform and prepare these type of things..

23. Renee Wilson says:

Kelly Ripa first and formost is a beatiful person with a beautiful personality who appears to be about family and she has always related to the people of live as her family,so to be blindsided like that was very disrespectful,tasteless and unprofessional.Kell deserves an apology from whomever made that desision to leave her out of the loop,shes not a child…

24. George bush says:

He is stupid for leaving I never liked the show anyway with him on it and I won’t watch Good Morning America now either

25. Pam Martin says:

I think her husband should be her side kick ..pick a hot one Kelly …l would have been mad has hell to men.he was just not think….l think you will still rock this show…show them your lady balls

26. Teresa Kidd says:

It would have been very respectful to let Kelly know he would be leaving the show.
    Just pure respect.

27. Cynthia H says:

I think Kelly has every right to be upset. Even though Michael was told not speak about it to anyone. Kelly and He had a good relationship and she would have kept it a secret between just them to. I think Michael has gotten the big head he has to remember Kelly is the one who open a many doors for him to walk through. He was not as popular until he got on LIVE WITH KELLY. Michael please do not let fame go through your head. you will be back to doing just your football Tv job. you have been ask to be a part of so many new position and they were all because of your job with Kelly and Michael you owe Kelly two apologies one on air and one in private. because she do deserve it, You disrespected her in the worse way possible.you will be losing a lot of your fan base because of the way you did Kelly and the whole LIVE FAMILY.

28. telling-it-like-it-is says:

Sounds like Kelly is just being a whiny brat. Live was a much better show when it was hosted by Regis Phiibin and it has now become the dumps of TV hosts who need experience and then move on to something better. Kelly needs to stop acting like a spoiled brat. She’s stuck with Live and it’s not going to get any better for her. She’s mad because she wanted to go to GMA and they gave it to Michael. Somebody call Kelly a Waaaaambulance.

29. Carolyn Taylor says:

I think Kelly was treated badly by all concerned. Shame on you ABC and Michael S and Michael Geldman. I expected better of both.

30. Bee says:

No longer a fan of Kelly Rippa . Diss appointed in her lack of professionalism and class. How would she feel if situation was reversed? Her snide cheap shots at this point are not even funny. Stuff happens grow up

31. Deciding getting a great look to a other dressing up event can be a complicated task.
    But that will not happen any time soon, but then again Washington is capable of doing anything to regain control of Latin America it once had.
    What’s tbh stand for

Gay individuals come from all walks of life and socio-economic backgrounds, so that is also not a factor of
    our culture. The problem with this is that most of the time their interpretation was off
    anyway because the other person didn’t mean to hurt them.

32. An alarm technique is vital in distracting intruders
    from getting into your residence. Helping the property owners in selection and customized services is our duty.
    Security alarm malaysia Actually, the systems they
    follow are highly reliable and secure and fast too.

You also can keep an eye on your own home with an intelligent camera feed, which it is
    possible to access from any Internet-capable
    device. So now you be aware that you only should have two
    sorts of alarms, the burglar and also the
    fire.

33. Having them fit in a sleek body that may be not too cumbersome to cart
    takes work. The problem might be partially avoided if laptops were placed within the middle of an steady table and folded, once
    they’re not getting used. Best laptop under 500$ There
    are, however, some very burly differences between logbook
    also computers again it’s central that you just’re aware these differences through the buying process.

These decals are extremely durable generating up
    of adhesive material. There certainly are a few other things you may want to take a look at
    when choosing a gaming laptop.

34. Linda safrin says:

Kelly would have done same thing Michael did given the opportunity tbut she ain’t that good. Put ur big girl panties on. U did nothing but hurt the show. Ur last 2 wks with Michael a disgrace ur als not that good but not professional

35. popular nail art designs pretty nail polish
    designs

36. We also reveal where to buy av receiver hdmi for approximately 60% Off.
    The bezel and fascia are kept very clean, with a Ben – Q logo within the bottom left along with an LED on the bottom right.
    Mini hdmi to component I am very happy with all the purchase, especially at 10%
    or even more below their list price.

The type which is needed depends on what style of ports can be obtained.
    In conclusion, while using the any of today’s newest electronics
    you will confront the HDMI cable and interface.

37. Cherie Hamill wood says:

Kelly rips is a disgrace! Michael Strachan should have the show. She laughs at her own jokes. None can work with her because she is a bitch. I want to kick the TV in when I hear her voice. She is overbearing and by far not cute. Get her off of there, she ruins my day!!!