Exclusive
Grimm Video Season 5 Eve Rosalee Nick

Grimm Sneak Peek: Rosalee Wonders Why Eve's Really Protecting Nick

Methinks the veterinarian-turned-fairytale-beast-turned-assassin doth protest too much.

Because even though Eve has said she retains none of Juliette’s feelings for Det. Burkhardt, this exclusive clip from tonight’s Grimm (NBC, 9/8c) shows that she’s very interested in how Adalind’s recent return to Hexenbiesthood is going to affect Nick.

The Hadrian’s Wall operative showing up at the spice shop certainly takes Rosalee aback some. But soon, the Fuchsbau is answering rapid-fire questions about Adalind and her powers — and getting intrigued by Eve’s response to queries about last episode’s encounter at the bunker.

The hour also features more on Wu’s ongoing transformation into… we’re not sure what, exactly, and a new Wesen with a truly grotesque eating habit. Press PLAY on the video below to watch the ladies’ tense interaction.

1. wrstlgirl says:

I beg this show to please just get rid of this Eve/Juliette character once and for all.

• Rachel says:

Agreed! I especially hope they don’t try to put Nick together (back together?) with Eve/Juliette. That would just be a cluster of awfulness.

• The Kaibosh says:

There’s no point in pushing against a mountain. You know that’s exactly where they’re going. Either it will unfold that Eve has simply found herself being drawn to Nick and can’t understand why or help herself OR they will reveal that’s it’s been Juliette all along and she’ll be all “Of course I love you Nick! How could I not its ME Juliette! I’ve been here the whole time.” or something melodramatic along those lines.

• Murica! says:

I agree. I was so happy when I thought Juliette was finally dead. This whoe Eve/ Juliette storyline is horrible! That encounter between her and Adalind was ridiculous! She doesn’t want Adalind to hurt Nick? Are you joking? Juliette is the reason Nick’s mother is dead! Eve/Juliette is delusional!!!

• Marci says:

I was happy when I thought Juliette was finally dead too, but there was this niggling thought in my mind that it was too good to be true. And, of course, it turned out that it was. It reminded me of the Red John storyline in The Mentalist when we were led to believe that he had finally been killed in a season finale. But then we find out in the next season’s premier–nope, it was one of Red John’s acolytes who was killed. Do showrunners and writers stay up nights figuring out how to piss off their show’s viewers?

• Cal says:

Both incarnations of the character were ill-conceived by themselves but rebooting Juliette into Eve? Preposterous. The focus on that character (and apparently now a love triangle, sick) threatens to ruin my enjoyment of the show. Since she was never a beloved character I don’t understand why the showrunners thought that viewers would support this storyline. Getting Nick’s mom killed and trying to kill Nick and sleeping with his enemies…what a great love story! (And I don’t necessarily endorse Adalind, but at least she doesn’t suck the energy off the screen and has tried to earn redemption, not wave it away with some magical reincarnation trope)

2. justsomeguy says:

The show was better without Eve/Juliette. It only lasted about 6 episodes, but they were great episodes. This inevitable show down at the end of the season between Adalind and Eve/Juliette is already wearing thin. This is how they put Nick and Juliette back together and I’m going to hate every second of it lol

3. Luis says:

Been waiting so long for Juliette to come back around

4. Wolffy says:

I don’t like Nick and Adalind together, but after much effort on part of the writers, Nick/Adalind should be endgame in this season, otherwise it would be a little strange.

• tvjunkie says:

What’s strange is for a rapist and victim to fall for each other.

• Norm says:

THANK YOU!!! I cannot get past how Kelly was conceived. I just can’t. And the only thing that Adalind has done to even begin to make up for all of the crap that she pulled as a human and as a hexenbeist is to have a baby. Are you serious? Juliette had to be full on hexenbeist in order to do the things that she did. Adalind did them while she was hexenbeist or not.

• Anonymous110 says:

And why don´t you say anything of Eve sleeping with Rachel pretending to be Renard? I hate the hipocresy.

• Brigid says:

They didn’t sleep together because Eve couldn’t perform. LOL

• mooshki says:

You’re right that it’s just as bad – the difference is that the show isn’t trying to have Rachel and Eve become a real couple the way they did with Nadalind.

• Calvette says:

True

5. Norm says:

I can’t stand the Nick and Adalind connection…at all. I love Eve/Juliette. She is a strong female character (with or without powers). The ratings actually suffered trememdously when she wasn’t on the show. I totally want for her to stay. Even if they pair her with someone else besides Nick. I’m sorry but it seems to me like Adalind has been neutered since she became Nick’s *whatever you wanna call her*. This pairing is soooo forced. I just can’t with Nadalind. However, I find myself wanting more from and for Eve. There just seems like there’s more to explore with this character.

• Wolffy says:

Agreed with that, I always like Juliette and I like Eve, but the season 4 continues to unnerve me, I can not blame people for hate Juliette. The writers did not do justice to the character.

• Anonymous110 says:

You must be kiding, the previous week Grimm just got a 0.8 and was the whole episode almost about Eve. the fans hate the main of them to Eve as they did with the boring Juliette.
      If you are dreaming with Nick & Eve together, i´d be not so sure. If Adalind would die or something, maybe a new love interest would be brought for Nick in S6 a new woman that bit a bit will fall in love with him, Because look, though Juliette would recover her humanity, though Nick would come back with her, though he would give his son up for to be with her, what she did with Kelly Burkhardt? what happen with that?

• Norm says:

Look up the ratings list for the entire season. The ratings for the season 5 premier were up, then dropped steadily until the appearance of Bitsie Tulloch after the midseason opener came on. Ratings have risen and remained up, with the exception of 2 episodes (the 100th and last friday’s episode). Which could be explained by the fact that some areas had chosen to play a basketball game over Grimm (people were complaining about it on FB). Thanks.

• mooshki says:

I still love her too, and I agree – I don’t need to see her back together with Nick, but I’d like to see her working with the gang. Maybe with some of Juliette back, but Eve not completely gone.

6. Teeg says:

I agree with most that reviving Juliette’s character was a mistake. She was a terrible character to begin with and I never liked her, and this was all before she went all raging bitch in season 4. Juliette’s character was a complete bore from the very beginning. I do hope the writers don’t put Nick and Juliette back together. Even if its not with Adalind because I know she’ll do something stupid to mess things up, I hope the writers don’t revive that failed love story.

7. Preacher Book says:

Frankly, the entire show seems to have written itself into a desperate corner. I have a lotta trouble with Adalind/Nick is just how their daughter was conceived. And with Eve, I can buy there might be some Juliette influence in terms of caring, but she had Nick’s Mom killed and would have killed him had it not been for Truble. Some things you just don’t come back from.

8. Brigid says:

I love Eve, she’s awesome! Bitsie has been 3 different characters on this show and has done well. Nick and Adalind is so forced and there is no chemistry between them. I don’t need Nick with Eve or Juliette for that matter but dear God, stop it already with Adalind, it’s terrible.

• Lianne says:

I keep hoping that Adalind will just become a full blown Hexenbiest again. She was far more entertaining than she is now.

• Teeg says:

I agree, she was entertaining as a Hexenbiest. Juliette was a bore in the beginning and not much else has changed since her transformation into Eve.

9. Jill says:

I think nick and Juliette were a good couple but she was boring and never fit in. Now she’s strong I think it was a bad way to end them. Nick and adalind seem forced no love and romance. She tries to hard to be someone else and nick doesn’t love or trust her. I just want eve and nick to be happy either together or apart. I think they can be strong together now

10. donna blackwell says:

show pics of grimm

11. gany78 says:

Nick and Juliette where not meant to be together.
    1. When he proposed to her she says no.
    2. After the Sleeping curse she forget Nick and she have feelings for Renard.
    3. When she woged into a Hexenbiest Nick couldn’t look into her eyes.
    4. She betrayed Nick with no reason she tricked Kelly Burkhardt into a Trap, and tried to kill Nick.
    Even Eve became Juliette again, i think there is no way for her to come back to Nick
    Nick and Adalind together.
    Why? I think Nick can forgive Adalind easier then Juliette. All was Adalind did to Nick, where consequences of Nick actions. He strips off her powers, She want revenge. Then he gave her baby away. She want it back. Which mother whom loves her child truly wouldn’t do anything to get it back (Hexenbiest or not). I think the birth of Kelly changed her really and also Nicks feelings for her. And so they had an arrangement. Maybe there will be more in the future.

thats only my thoughts
    kind regards.

• Lisa says:

I think you made good points their relationship had its problems and he really turned on Juliette when she changed that was cruel. I don’t understand why he would react to Juliette the way he did and not adalind doesn’t make sense. And if it was because they were such a good strong couple then they should trust each other and care. Nick isn’t affectionate with her at all doesn’t even act like he wants to be with her. I wish the writers would just commit to one couple either nick and eve make up and become strong together or nick and adalind become solid and he loves her and chooses her.

• Marybeth says:

I agree with you 100%. That is why I can’t stand Juliette/Eve. I don’t care if Nick ends up with Adalind, but I prefer her that Eve/Juliette, but unfortunately it seems the writers are building her character to be back with Nick in the near future. How pity!!

12. Kym says:

I think juliete died and was brought back with a brain transplant from nicks dead mother and that’s why eve is protective of Nick

13. Mai says:

I liked Juliette and currently find Eve interesting.