Shannara Chronicles Trailer

Shannara Chronicles Renewed at MTV

Another chapter of The Shannara Chronicles will unfold at MTV, now that the cabler has renewed the fantasy series for a second season.

Based on Terry Brooks’ best-selling book series, Shannara follows three heroes — Wil, Amberle and Eretria — as they embark on a quest to stop an evil demon army from destroying their universe.

Season 1 wrapped on March 1 with 1.77 million total viewers, when factoring in Live+3 DVR data.

How do you feel about another season of Shannara?

1. Gerri says:

Yay!!!!

2. Katie T says:

Absolutely thrilled about this! Currently watching it as it airs in the UK and love the show

3. Phoenix5634 says:

Nice!

4. Wordsmith says:

After all of the resources MTV poured into making an epic like this, it makes sense that they’d give it some time to grow.
    The season was pretty self-contained though, so I wonder what season 2 will look like.

5. Fido says:

:woot: Pixe elf ears for the win. :)

6. Grace says:

Yes!! So happy about this news. One of my favorite guilty pleasure shows.

• tvjunkie says:

I don’t think you understand what “guilty pleasure” means. This show is certainly not in that category. I mean why would you be ashamed to admit you watch it?

7. zackkattackk843 says:

Incredible news!

8. Jess says:

Makes my day. I loved this show. Glad it’s getting renewed. Hope Manu Bennett is still playing Allanon.

9. Lea Fraley says:

Excited I like this show I’m really looking forward to the second season !!!

10. kirads09 says:

Yay! I like this.

11. jericho says:

Hmmm, this confuses me. I very specifically remember someone either here at TVLine or an interview with the cast/creators where they indicated that the show had filmed 2 10 episode seasons back to back to keep the budget down. Is this not true? I love the show. everyone on it (save for Austin) deserve credit for how good the show is. But this still confuses me.

• ScottJ says:

I remember the comment about filming 2 seasons together too. But I think its wrong. Everything else I can find online points to the show having only filmed a single season so far. There’s also been comment more recently that the next season won’t be a direct continuation, although some of the same characters will still be around.

• Cgbkf says:

The books jump timeline wise big time. But the cliffhanger ending of the show kind of indicates that the show would jump off from the cliffhanger would it not? Also shows that the show can go off book now and pave it’s own way. And I have to agree I want to see more of the girls less wil who does nothing but bore me.

12. piebokou says:

great let Amberle out of the Tree. To get more Wil and Amberle moment :D

• John NYC says:

Yes that’s going to take some ‘splaining as from what I recall she, turns out, WAS the seed for the reborn tree and it did not appear that was a metaphor.

• Cgbkf says:

I agree get amberle out of that tree BUT I’d like more amberle & eretria moments! ;) but we can agree no wil & eretria please.

• piebokou says:

yeah the girls are cute together too. I guess We may get Wil and Eretria if they follow the books Amberle will stay in the tree.

• grys03 says:

Haven’t exactly followed the book so far – close but some really silly diversions. Hopefully Terry will have more say in S2 as the story lost out to elf-ears, cute boys & pretty girls. Not complaining, but wouldn’t mind a bit more cohesion.

• piebokou says:

Well I will take the cohesion and Amberle out of the Tree. I don’t know I just feel like it was too early to let her take her role as the tree. Even though I know that is ultimately the end game.

13. Diz says:

About time. I really enjoyed it.

14. Alyse says:

I wonder where they will go with the storylines since the first season used up the books storyline and the next book takes place years later with different characters.

15. John NYC says:

Oookay. So that’s one huge cliffhanger I didn’t see as one.

Good thing I’m behind on my rec reading.

16. Cgbkf says:

Yes! This made my day! Love Eretria and we so need Amberle back. I adore princessrover. Here’s to another season. Hope it’s not going to slump like other shows who get a season 2.

17. Erik says:

Been waiting to read this! Super excited! I wasn’t sure if MTV could creat such a great show but they did! Hope everyone gives this show a chance!! Great actors! Great story!

18. Mulloy says:

Felt the first season was uneven, though love Manu. Probably just out of my demographic. Doubt I will watch again

19. Susan says:

Shannara was too CW for us.

20. Kathy says:

Loved the books, and loved Season 1 of the Shannara Chronicles! Seriously can’t wait till the next season!!

21. Marie says:

So excited, I absolutely loved the first series, the Druid is so fit and the story line fantastic 😃

22. Tari Brown says:

I’ve been one who loves Fantasy and sci fi for many many years. This show is right up my alley. The characters and the scenery is AWESOM!!! You’ve definitely got a fan here!!

23. Karen Biggs says:

I read all Terry Brooks books and would like to see more films of Shannara and otjers from his books