Michael Strahan

Michael Strahan to Exit Live With Kelly and Michael for Full-Time GMA Gig

Live With Kelly and… well, that remains to be seen.

Michael Strahan is exiting the mid-morning chatfest for a full-time gig on Good Morning America, where he’s been appearing twice a week, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Strahan is expected to end his run on Live this summer, with his new GMA duties beginning in September.

Strahan joined Live in Septemer 2012, and began his regular appearances on GMA in 2014.

In January, ABC announced it was rebooting The $100,000 Pyramid game show this summer, with Strahan serving as host.

No word on how/whether the expansion of Strahan’s GMA duties will affect his work as a Fox Sports anchor.

Will you miss Strahan on Live? Will you follow him to GMA? And any suggestions for who should take the seat next to Kelly Ripa? Sound off below!

1. LT says:

I knew it! I knew he wouldn’t be in it for the long haul. That’s disappointing.

2. AngD says:

NO NO NO :-(. I love them together.

3. Mark says:

Live with Kelly and Neil Patrick

4. Lauren says:

Nick Lachey! He is my favorite guest host.

5. Annie says:

I feel like he’s breaking up with me… I’m so sad.

6. Kim R says:

I actually never found him to be a good fit with Kelly’s quick wit. I would like to see Anderson Cooper in his place. Anderson tried hosting his own daytime talk show and it didn’t really work but he is great with Kelly. They have a very good rapport.

7. Andrew Hass says:

I can understand Strahan wanting to do other stuff.Plus now the show has time to find a replacement for him and maybe they already knew he was going to leave.So they may have a list of possible replacements.

8. Monica says:

I’d love to see Jerry O’Connell take his spot with Kelly.

9. Evelyn Carver says:

Good !!! I never like them together no chemistry what so ever. He seemed to over power her because she is so small

• Max says:

You can criticize him a lot but no chemistry? What show ru watching? Guess that’s why it’s the #1 show?

• Sandy Raisanen says:

Anderson Cooper isn’t funny enough. He doesn’t show any enthusiasm. He is a bore! I can get my housework done from 9-11. I don’t watch those nasty women on The View either. I won’t be watching Kelly. There have been several times I just screamed at the tv for Kelly to shut up! I will just get up earlier to watch Michael on GMA,

• Linda Baker says:

I agree with you Kelly and Michael have a wonderful relationship

10. Sandy Raisanen says:

Michael was the main reason I got out of bed. He brightened my whole day with his smile and gap! I will definitely follow him on GMA but will watch from bed.

11. jp says:

Can the show. It is horrible and kelly is self absorbed. haven’t watched in years.

12. readenreply says:

GMA has basically turned into a fluffy talk show with dippy Lara and the awful banter. Michael is not nearly as “funny” on GMA as he is with Kelly.

13. dvmom says:

I predict Kelly’s hubby, Mark Consuelos will take his place.

• Larry says:

It won’t be MArk. Kelly already said the last time that he would not be taking the hosting job. Too much strain on the marriage.

• Maxx Dog says:

Forget the marriage. The network is not going to give them that much power. They have a lot invested in that show and they need to plan both short term & longterm

14. NN says:

Live with Regis and Kelly, that would be a interesting twist

• SA says:

NO WAY!!!! First best thing to happen to the show was when Regis left. Now the second best thing to happen to the show is Michael leaving. (IMO)

15. Gerri says:

Kinda Liked John O’hurley or Nick Lachey. Neil Patrick could be good too.
    Wasn’t super keen on Michael but he grew on me.

16. You can’t quit Live. We all love the two of you together. Poor Kelly

17. LTA says:

Well, that sucks. I guess GMA pays more $$$. I hope they bring in Anderson! They have great chemistry.

18. Eric7740 says:

Bring in Anderson Cooper!!! Never cared for Michael.

• Evelyn Houston says:

I liked Michael but since he’s leaving for a better opportunity (something we’ve all done), bring in Anderson Cooper!

19. Belle says:

I’d love NPH, but I have grown sick of Kelly. Since Regis left she changed, and not for the good. She is miss high-and-mighty, not a good look on anyone. You will be missed Michael!

20. Ethel says:

Have to find someone who won’t interfere with her ego

21. debbie says:

kelly should leave she makes enough money with all of commercials dont like her she is very phony

22. CAN says:

Fred Savage was fantastic co-hosting with Kelly.

23. Irene says:

Love you Kelly. You are the show. Michael has been great with you. I will miss him for sure. Being Canadian I will never see him again. I don’t watch GMA. Don’t use Mark.

24. David says:

Anderson Cooper or Neil Patrick Harris PLEASE!!!!!

25. Kperry51 says:

Always watch GMA anyway so I won’t miss him. Not sure the Kelly show will have the same pull as they do with Michael there.

26. mrsfoxxe says:

No great lost! Think Kelly on last legs too!

27. mrsfoxxe says:

No lost! Time for Kelly to go too!

28. Gill says:

Mike Golic from “Mike and Mike Show” on ESPN. Funny, can sing, kids finished college and a Domer football player too

29. wanda says:

kelly connects with anyone. neil patrick harris would be awesome. anderson cooper would be great also. there are so many men that kelly connects with she will be great with any of her friends.

• Maxx Dog says:

They also have to be mindful of someone who could carry the show longer term. I don’t know when Kelly’s contract ends but after 15 years, she may want to do something else at some point. She’s become very rich and gets plenty of endorsement and now has her own production company

30. abaker20 says:

I see that ABC and GMA are nervous of how Today Show has been beating them in the ratings. I don’t think it’ll have any impact in the ratings later on.
    My god also he’s been on LIVE for four years and the show got picked up til 2020. Why leave one of the best jobs in syndicated daytime television for a copycatted morning news program?

31. Larry says:

I am stunned that Michael isl eaving.I hope he explains why. I loved thetwo of them together. I have a feeling it will be Anderson Cooper. He and Kelly are close friends and he has said he wanted the job when he had his own show. I actually think NPH would be better. but I doubt he would committ to a long term run. Still I would love to know why Michael is leaving.

32. Deb Collins says:

Anderson Cooper is a good match. I’ve always liked watching them together when he co-hosts. He may be too busy to do another full time show.

33. Herbert Carmon says:

Will be missed I Great charisma!

34. chrisjroof says:

I never like Michael on the show and stopped even following it once he joined full time. I would any of the usual suspects: NPH, Anderson, Nick, or Mark. Or Jeff Probst with replacements during the summer Survivor filming months.

35. 7joanna says:

Such delicious Eye-Candy!. Whither he goest, I’ll follow. Respect his intelligence and personality, too -of course.

36. Diane Hirsch says:

I’m very disappointed he’s leaving the show; they are a great match. Hopefully a new co-host will no take on other jobs. Anderson Cooper would be great, but he is very busy and I think news is his first love. Neil Patrick Harris would be great as well.

37. Shana Rhine says:

Really liked him and Kelly together, their chemistry was great!

38. GraceM says:

I liked the time when Howie Mandel co-hosted with Kelly. Too bad he’s busy judging on AGT in the summer.

39. HT says:

Josh Groban! I mean, there are chemistry there with Kelly.

• It’s me again! Entertainment tonight threw out another name that would be perfect, Andy Cohen! However, he’s super busy like Anderson. I am going to miss Michael incredibly him and Kelly had such a good rapport! Surprising another one who is hilarious to my surprise, was Josh Groban!

40. luv Swanie says:

does anyone really care who sits next to Kelly? Why is she still on?

41. Geraldine Mayberry says:

Yes going miss Michael when he leaves the show,but understand people has to do what is best for themselves and their family. But would still like to wish him luck on his new job and tell him and Kelly THANKS FOR ALL THE LAUGHS,they both gave us all,but especially the laughs they both gave my mother-in-law every morning that is fighting the disease Alzheimer’s we would watch ya every morning on CBS @ 9:00am, thanks again for giving her that moment if joys and again will miss you Michael GOOD LUCK, not sure yet who could replace Michael, you both had even gotten my husband watching the show when at home he is a Farmer and he works all the time even when rains, Thanks to our farmers without them we wouldn’t have clothes or food but family is important also and that is why I understand,Kelly you will still be watched,

42. Kermit says:

Stana Katic in?

(Too soon for jokes?)

43. Jared Munson says:

Bring Regis back and give them a farewell season. Kelly hasn’t been good in years.

44. Jan says:

I’m really going to miss him! Kelly & Michael give me lots of laughs and make it bearable for me to get up in the morning.

45. KT says:

Wow! How many jobs does this guy need? I

46. Nisha says:

I’m going to miss him but if they replace him with Mark, I will follow Michael on GMA and remain calm… Thanks for all the great morning with ya all!!

47. sharon says:

Glad he will have his own space. Kelly is too overpowering.

48. pickles says:

Maybe at GMA he is able to complete his sentences. Kelly cuts him off mid sentence often.

• Granny Bunker says:

agree with Pickles and Sharon. Would love to see Anderson Cooper . I will miss Michael on there.Kelly is so full of herself, time for her to go also

49. Challis Lowe says:

Yes he will be missed, however he will be fantastic on GMA. Please give him ALL of the sports news, that would suite him well. The replacement could be any of those choices, Kelly can her own!!!!

50. MARY KAY URBANSKI says:

Michael Strahan did a decent job, but I never quite got him as co-host. Now either NPH or Anderson Cooper would keep me coming back. They are both, IMO, a much better fit with Kelly.

• I hope Nick Lachey gets the LIve job. That should have happened in 2012. He was good co-hosting with Kelly. He is a gentleman, down to earth, and very nice to look at. I hope ABC chooses Nick Lachey because he is the best man for this job. Thank You.

• Janet Westad says:

Get a tooth; and a life. Kelly carried you..you shoved her under the bus You just lost 1/2 of vierwers .Good luck Strahan. .so how MR.Lincoln.How did you like The show//I !!! .