Castle Season 8

Castle's Molly Quinn Reacts to 'Horrible' Stana Katic News, Reminds Fans: 'Nathan Fillion IS Castle'

Molly Quinn is the latest Castle vet to sound off on The Shocking Exit Heard ‘Round the Globe.

Early Tuesday, the actress took to Twitter to lament the departure of Stana Katic as well as fellow co-star Tamala Jones. “Yesterday was a horrible day,” she conceded. “I work[ed] with [Stana and Tamala] for 8 yrs. I love them. I’m heartbroken.”

In a second tweet, Quinn reminded irate fans that she has zero control “over what happens” on the long-running ABC procedural, adding, “But if we come back [next season], I promise Nathan Fillion will bring all of you a damn fine show.”

And in response to a fan’s insistence that, “It’s not Castle without Beckett,” Quinn tweeted the following:

Quinn’s comments landed just hours before TV dad Nathan Fillion broke his silence on Katic’s dismissal. Meanwhile, Castle costars Jon Huertas, Seamus Dever and Susan Sullivan shared their reactions on Monday.

1. Alex says:

She really, really should have stopped at the first tweet.

• ABG says:

Probably scared that she might be out of a job, but yeah, stupid thing to say.

• Just one thing says:

Molly Quinn and Susan Sullivan’s jobs were likely always secure. Pretty sure Fillion guaranteed that during last year’s contract negotiations.
        Benevolent fellow that he is, I think he extended that protection to Dever and Huertas – all for the price of a long-term lease up his butt.

• Castlebuzz says:

Can’t say it any better or more bluntly than that. Thumbs up, JOT.

• Christina says:

I’ve missed reading your comments. So well said!

• lkh says:

Not so sure JOT, they might not needing cops on the ‘new’ show.
          wow, potty mouth :]

• Just one thing says:

They didn’t need cops on LAST season’s proposed PI incarnation.
            But as soon as SD and JH firmly latched their lips to Fillion’s butt cheeks last spring, suddenly a couple’a cops might be needed for the fun, new “Castle Legacy & Friends.”

• Lucifer says:

Sources? Oh wait, nope, just butthurt fandumb conspiracy theories.

• Just one thing says:

The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline are my sources.
            If you’re questioning THEIR sources, you’ll need to take it up with the veteran reporters at those outlets.
            Good luck!

• lkh says:

psss, JOT, please note, it’s Lucifer!

• kath says:

He may be protecting those cast members but with Stana Katic gone, there may not be a show left.
          Look at the big picture, buddy.

• Viv says:

Found this on another website:

Stanley Moore is a costume designer on Castle. She’s the first person that is actually prepared to be named when commenting about Nathan Fillion, so maybe you would like to revise your opinion? Or are your prejudices too entrenched?

• Audrey says:

One thing Fillion didn’t teach Quinn: stop talking while she was ahead.

• BM says:

My thoughts exactly. Fillion may be playing the character of Castle but if she really thinks that he *is* Castle as in the show then she didn’t get the concept. Castle is a love story, the story of a writer and his muse, their journey from meeting to falling in love and beyond and you can’t really have a love story without the counterpart. The counerpart is Beckett in that case so, if you take away one part of what makes a show/is a show, you don’t have the show anymore.

• Lacey says:

Many shows have lost main characters before and continued on. MASH, the Avengers, the prime time soaps. The show has already drifted from its original premise. It will be interesting to see how this will affect it.

• Fee says:

The difference between mash, the avengers, and castle is that the latter two shows hag and ensemble cast. All the cast members had complete arcs when they were gone from the show. They all were men, at least on mash, and they all had replacements that fit well with the cast and crew. Also, the story, linked itself to characters coming and going. The female lead in mass, major Margaret, stayed with the show till the end. ABC’s releasing of Katic and Jones is very, very different. Beckett is a major character. She is the leading female character. It is very different. If ABC were concerned about budget, they could have replaced Katic with a Nother actress at less money. That way the show would be organically intact and ABC could see if the fandom would continue on with the show. They could have ordered 10 episodes and after the first six see if the show would warrant a continuation. I think the way they handled it was very unfair to all the casting crew and the fandom.

• Ermegeerd says:

“Replace Katic with another actress at less money,” Hm. So actresses have been reduced to props? Either she didn’t like the direction it was going so “difference of opinion”, or she wanted more money and they wouldn’t budge. I doubt Fillion had to take a pay cut with his new contract. If it truly was a “family” and it truly came down to financial reasons, why wasn’t there a hold-hands-and-stand-together moment between cast members? “We all make the same or we all leave.” Why is she so easily replaceable? I’m a Fillion fan, but this whole thing stinks.

• kath says:

I agree, the whole thing stinks.
            I wonder if there will be an anti ABC backlash from those of us who don’t think TV begins and ends with Shonda Rhimes shows, especially now that they’ve cancelled Nashville, Galavant and Agent Carter too.

• Joey says:

Apples and oranges, for in mash we had no major love story, and just to fire Mrs. Castle is truly sad. So you cut out the heart and soul of the story no matter what new premise you have, you have no show. Just cancel it now and maybe in a few years the millions of mad fans will forget what ABC did to them.

• Justine says:

Totally different scenario. Large ensemble casts can handle it, like Beverly Hills 90210. The Walshes all left but The Kelly Taylor show lived on…

This, however, is like I Love Lucy without Ricky, or Chuck without Sarah. These casts were small and the relationships drove the show. Even the original Castle creator said this show was about the love story of Castle and Beckett.

• Jerri says:

Even if the show was supposed to be about the love story between Rick and Kate, as per Marlowe’s original idea, the current show runners don’t seem to see it that way. They seem to think the show is called “Castle”, not “Castle & Beckett” so they go with the road of having it centre on just Rick.

• BM the thing is that an artists muse can change. Perhaps Castle is ready to retire Nikki Heat and write a different series. Once again the show is called Castle, not Castle and Beckett. So you can easily justify that Castle no longer felt that he can use Beckett as his muse, whether it is because Beckett is killed off and so Nikki Heat is killed off or because Beckett becomes a background never seen wife or ex…that castle no longer feels he can write about. Especially since he may not want to write about his wife as the promiscuous Nikki Heat.

The fact is they can open up many roads for Caslte…perhaps even a season of writer’s block due to Beckett’s loss until he finds a new muse. Maybe someone in the FBI who he has worked with before?

So with all due respect BM, you are incorrect in assuming they do not have the show anymore because of losing Beckett. The dynamic of the show may change, but this show was always about Nathan Fillion as Castle and it will just have to explore this next chapter in his life.

• Celina says:

Yeah. You’re right. The show is called castle. And you know what? ANYONE can be castle. Because Rick’s real name was Richard Rodgers not Castle. So, whoever wants to be the lead, can change his or her last name and BE CASTLE! Or, they can kill Rick and make the show about Alexis Castle. Or, maybe Beckett is pregnant and they can make next season about the baby. I already have a great story. Years have passed and the baby cascket is 20 years old. The baby, now an adult, became a cop because he or her wants to know who killed his or her parents!

• Luce says:

I don’t agree that ‘this show was always about NF as Castle’. I think RC was the vehicle through which the audience learned about the mysterious and compelling character of KB. Without RC’s initial infatuation (which grew to be more over time) his character was just a writer and playboy who had a great relationship with his mother & daughter. Who would watch that? A very different audience. That is a totally different show, more like a 30 minute sit com perhaps? I’m not saying it would not get an audience, I’m sure it would, like Dharma & Grege did, but it would not necessarily get the same audience, which is why I think if there is a S9 of Castle, it may well get an audience, but they will be looking for something else in their entertainment, while a large contingent of the current fan base would not be interested, and worse will feel their relationship with those characters (developed over 7/8 years) has been trivialised and disrespected.

My take for what it’s worth: The main audience for Castle has been (I believe) women, and an older group largely too. They are likely drawn in by the very well developed complex character of KB, played so ably by SK, and in the early days a little eye candy in the person of the ‘sexy’ RC was a bonus. As the years went by RC’s character became a bit more middle aged, in my view less ‘sexy’, and prone to slapstick rather than the clever witty comedy of the earlier seasons. While RC’s character became less interesting (to me at least), that of KB just seemed to get more compelling, & I found myself rooting for her big time. Was she just better written than RC, or was there just less to reveal about him? I don’t know.

I wish the show had been allowed to be wrapped up by the original creator AM in a way that provided closure for the cast, crew and fans. As with so many things in life these days, money rules, and trying to wring their last cent out of an established show has been to the detriment of many. So sad. Will I be able to enjoy watching the earlier seasons I have on DVD knowing all the time it is not only not heading towards their ‘Always’? I don’t know. Also, I think some of the rumoured animosity between the leads has at times been seen in their interaction in later seasons, I’m biased, I know, but I hold NF more responsible for that, he has to me seemed far less ‘believable’ in later romantic moments & sounds like he is reading from a script. Perhaps the writers didn’t provide believable enough dialogue. It is one thing to wonder at a slight perception, but to have ‘confirmation’ of the rumours will effect my enjoyment of the show, and my enthusiasm for re watching earlier seasons. Once again, so sad!

I do wish all the cast & crew involved over the years the very best with their new endeavours. I am just unbelievably sad that one of the best shows of my experience can be ruined by the events of the last week. Someone knows the ins and outs of it all, and why information was leaked when and in the way it did, but I don’t think it could have been anyone’s intention to ruin such a beloved show to this extent.

• Exactly my thought. Just like the show is called Bones but would definitely not be able to exist without Booth!

• Annie says:

Yep, boy howdy. That’s the clearest indication yet the rumors and reports are true.

• GT500RonSmith says:

Agreed! The second one certainly shows where her allegiance lies, and that is well known and understood. Nathan is a wonderful actor! I love watching him work with Stana as ‘Caskett’. For me, the show would have better been named ‘Caskett’! Without either one of them, the story dies for me.

It has been an amazing love story! Take away Kate Beckett and that love story ends. How much simpler could it be? I certainly don’t know how everyone in this show’s fan base feels about this situation, but plenty of folks seem to feel the same as I do. I believe that ABC as committed suicide for this series.

Personally, I won’t support a show named ‘Castle’ without Stana Katic in it. If they decide to do a spin off with Detectives Esposito and Ryan and bring back Lanie to boot, I would be on board with that, as long as Castle was not involved. Castle without Beckett? I want no part of it.

I can’t get past the feeling that someone’s ego caused all of this!

God! I’ve loved this show so much!

• Dee Wyly says:

I thought a spinoff with Beckett, Lainie, Javi, and Ryan would be the way to go. The switch would be for Javi and Beckett to get together as I have felt that there is an underlying chemistry with those two. There could be a change in show type and characters for a new show with no Castle back story. I wish these four all of the best in real life.

• Jennifer says:

I agree with you on this one Alex, sounds to me that Molly is making sure that she still has a job with her TV Dad. They should let her go and Martha. I mean come on, kids grow up and move out of their parents places and parents don’t butt into their grown sons private life.

• LILY says:

Or maybe Molly said what is actually the case. I have every reason that she has
        always gotten along with Fillion and likes him just fine. The same is probably true with
        Katic. The thing is that Katic has never been promoting the show much and so I
        really don’t know. I see Dever and Huertas promoting the show, and Katic a bit more
        than, say, the mom and the other one who was just let go.

It has been my impression that things were going well on the set until (as I heard it)
        Katic knowingly or unknowingly interfered with a romance that Fillion was in the middle
        of and when it then fell apart, he was really angry. After that, he didn’t spend a lot of
        time making nicey nice with her. After the thing with Krista Allen got underway, stuff
        on the set settled down again. And Katic went out of her way to be nice to the new
        girl in his life.

As for the life of the series, I will watch for as long as Castle is in it. But when a
        series gets to be this old, it is seldom as fresh and great as the beginning years.
        All good things tend to come to an end at some time.

• Julie says:

You’re absolutely right, Molly should have stopped on her first TWEET. She put her foot in her mouth on her second TWEET. She’ll say whatever just to save her role. How could she “promise Nathan will bring a damn fine show” (season 9). Never promise if you can’t deliver.

2. trisha says:

Yes, Nathan is the character Castle, but he is NOT the show. The show has always been about a writer and his muse… how can you be so oblivious?

• zurph says:

Yes, but if you don’t have the right person to express your writing, then you don’t have a show. I agree Nathan Fillion IS Castle and that’s what the show is titled so it’s about him and his antics.

• Pamela says:

he is castle and the show name is castle absolutely, what she said is true and look the rest of the cast needs to make a living, but fans don’t want to hear it, especially not just when the the cut is so fresh.

• Myself says:

The thing that to me is so funny,. is that the so called fans are being jerks about a girl who speaks her mind and just say the truth. C’mon. Stana has one of the biggest ego’s on TV. She has been dragging castle for 2 seasons now in exchange of more stories Becket centric, and much more money. ABC finally cut her up. The only reason Nathan waited last year to sign was because she didn’t want to go through with it, not him. No one is surprised that she was cut because of financial cuts, but Nathan is on? At this point she probably costs them so much more than Nathan does, otherwise they would have just cut the show altogether.
          If one big ego is the cost to keep a show with good actors on, that should be a good thing. ABC still believes in the show, yayyyy!! Be happy people. You may have the chance of watching one more season of it. But if you keep this whole “it sucks” mentality, you’ll lose it for good, and then regret it.
          Everyone thought that killing Derek in Greys would be the worst thing ever, and honestly, i don’t think that someone even misses him on screen. And they were THE couple of the show forever and ever. You know what… Is not Molly that need to grown up, are the “fans”.

• Anais says:

Remember when Nathan refused to work because he asked for a 4-days week ? Did Stana ever do that? How can you say Stana has a big ego without having any proof except hearsay ? When you have Nathan not being willing to work for all these years. And the story is about a writer following a cop when said cop is not there anymore what’s the point ? Fans are upset because it was disgusting how she was fired.

• Max says:

Frankly, I doubt the facts you both are squawking about–her fault! His fault! Do either of you work for the show? Speak for the actors/producers/ABC? Yeah, thought so. Want to blame someone? Try eyeing ABC–they screwed the pooch on this since the beginning of Season 8. The new show runners did accomplish one thing–they literally ran the show into the ground. ABC allowed that. Now, they are splitting up the couple that made the show. ABC did that. They should have ended Castle at the end of Season 7–that was a perfect ending. By doing this, ABC is screwing up again–just like it did last year with Forever–bet they wished they had kept that. Only way to fix this unholy mess is to cancel the show now–not give it a shortened 9th season which most fans will probably ignore. Blame ABC, not the cast, they control who stays and goes–no one else.

• DuniaMartínez says:

What did she say about SK there?

• DuniaMartínez says:

How do you know that? Did you happen to work with her?
            Grey’s is different because it is an ensembled cast. Castle i co-leads one. Besides, Shonda Rhymes did it for a good reason. Dempsey was not a good person on set. Stana ia quite the contrary ACCORDING to HER CO WORKERS

• Celina says:

The funny thing is, Castle is in its 8th season. Is not like this was the second season and the actress was difficult. In fact, before last season, I had never heard anything bad about Stana. Then, just because something was up during the negociations, everybody started to say bad things, even that she and Nathan didn’t like each other. And, the show is now with bad ratings. It has started with that ridiculous storyline about castles disappereance and worsened with the breakup. So, why can’t the fans want a decent ending for the show? We have to grow up and endure a horrible 9 season of a show that used to be good and now, not only is not but doesn’t even have good ratings??? Yes. Let’s drag the show on, until ot becomes a shadow of the shadow of its former self

• Virgo says:

Blame it on the show runners, writers, directors, and editors; Stana is just playing a role where what she says is scripted, she is directed on how she acts. It is up to the show runners where the direction of the show is going. With that being said, I would say Stana must be good because she was able to portray the role that she was given. It’s not an ego.

• I’m encouraging everyone to write, tweet, and email to ABC executives and the show runners. Tell them it’d better to cancel the show now than to have a show without Stana.

• Lacey says:

A bit short sighted POTUS. Many shows have survived cast changes. Cheers for example. Many classic shows have survived changes in their premise. Rockford Files comes to mind. Mannix is another (Sorry to reach so far back but I am a TV fan from years ago).

It is possible that this change will breath new life into what had become a less than original show in the first place. I welcome the change as I was one of the first to jump sip (temp) with the whole wedding cliffhanger and amnesia story-line.

Let’s give it a chance.

• simpson610 says:

They didn’t name it Beckett. They named it Castle. He can have anyone as his muse. He was writing books, before he met Beckett after all. Way to go, Molly Quinn for telling it like it is.

• Jennifer says:

Castle hasn’t written a book for a while now because he would rather spend his days following his wife around. What’s her name again oh yeah, Kate Beckett played by the very talented Stana Katic. Molly is trying to save her job by putting her nose right up his butt. I guess if you want job security that way you go for it girl.

• Lacy says:

You and a whole lot of other people around here need to grow up.
          If you think you actually have the truth from behind the scenes, you
          very likely wrong. Every “reporter” is reporting what they hear from
          the other “reporter” and not a one has actually investigated this.

• Celina says:

3. RDA says:

Sighh she has always been like this. She never reaally understood that Caskett was the heart of the show and that a show needs more than just a leading star to succeed for so long. Given she has spent all these years in Hollywood, you’d think she’d know what to say by now.

• Pearl says:

House, Greys Anatomy, How To get Away With Murder, The Good Wife, Gilmore Girls, Blacklist, Elementary,… Just some good shows that happen to have good main leading stars that do represent the show, despite shippers, and co-leads or “partners” leaving it. What Moly said, very obviously, is that Nathan is Castle, the main character. Not Becket. Not Casket. The show may be way different, but it will exist because the main lead, who gives name to the show, remains on it. Honestly, the show was about a writer who assists the NYPD because he’s interested in the Detective as a muse for his novel. Is about him, not about Becket.
      The last years it became all about Becket, about her search for her mother’s murderer, now about Locksat, that is something that Becket wants, the writers forgot who the main character was, and that is why people now can’t seem to understand how Castle can go on, but this might be the exactly reason why Castle has been decaying creatively, because it got lost in Becket show.
      Yes, we love the precinct, and yes, Becket was a huge part of the show, and we loved her, but she, and Casket, are not the show. Everyone who says that can’t call themselves a fan, cause they are not a fan of the shows, just a fan of shippers. To me, Castle has ran it’s course, but I won’t stop seeing nest season just because Becket won’t be back, let’s see what the writers can come up with first, then judge.

4. GTO says:

Tvline, separate posts, really? You guys are having a field day with this news and loving the site traffic.

5. A says:

It’s so funny that you picked the most unflattering pic of him and she looks like a petty little child.

6. Laura says:

Classles

7. Lacy says:

Molly, you’re an idiot.

8. Heather says:

LMAO, Nathan is the character, not the show. Is she serious?

9. Carolina says:

Not surprised at all the things she’s said (and there is more than what is shown above), she’s been attached to his side since day one. It’s just too bad he’s the one she’s decided to emulate, him and that toxic new actress they added to the cast to replace Kate Beckett. Two of the worst egos on the show, and she wants to pal around with them, be like them. You can tell from her tweets to fans that she’s chosen ego over grace. Castle has never been about Richard Castle only, but about the story of a writer and his muse, seeing Kate Beckett through his eyes, it has always been their love story, and for her to say that it is NF is a slap to the face to Stana Katic and the other cast members, and also to Andrew Marlowe. Her handler needs to take away her phone and/or laptop before she digs a deeper hole, and her family needs to stage an intervention before her ego gets out of hand.

• CMG says:

Molly is a 22-year-old adult. Her “family” doesn’t need to do anything. She makes her own decisions. She probably also has an agent, not a “handler.”

• Sag says:

You are exactly right, she’s a 22 year old who needs to stay out of grown up business! She wouldn’t be anywhere if it wasn’t for daddy Nathan!

• Suzanne says:

It’s not good to keep things inside. Come on. Let it out. Tell us what you think.

10. Joey says:

I don’t watch Castle but even I can tell this is a cry from someone desperate to keep her job.

11. Katy says:

And now the show will sink or swim on purely his shoulders alone.

• Disappointed says:

It’s already hit the iceberg. LOL So he’ll be linked with the failed show, her not so much. At least it lasted more than 14 episodes.

12. Shana Rhine says:

Used to love this show but honestly they should have ended it a few seasons ago. I stopped watching about two or so years ago because it started getting awful, it had been such a great show (minus all the things they stole from Psych) but the quality of the show in general just started going downhill. They should have taken a page out of Psych’s book and ended the show on their own terms. Psych could have had plenty more seasons but the writers knew the quality of the show would go downhill and it’s better to leave fans off on a great note.

• lariet50 says:

TOTALLY agree with you that they should have ended it already. I’m sure I’d agree with you on the Psych stuff, but I’ve never watched it. :)

13. alieh86 says:

Poor child is so naive. She does not understand that the show should have actually been called “Beckett-Through Castle’s Eyes”

14. J.B. says:

I have just one thing to say, “Molly you in danger gurl….”
    #TheyComingForYa #StaySafe

15. Kourt says:

She really should just shut up. She is so obsessed with Nathan FIllion that is actually disgusting. She has developed a massive big ego. Molly dismisses all of Stana’s hard work from the past 8 seasons. She has no idea what she is talking about. The show is centered around Castle and Beckett’s love story.

• Patrick says:

Stana is not well liked. The crew and producers don’t like her. I hope everyone that loved Stana enjoyed this show. It’s the last time she’ll get meaningful work. A few failed shows, maybe, and some horrible indie films that no one ever sees because they won’t be worth releasing. She’s attractive and talented. If she weren’t a massive ego/personality problem, she’d be doing at least some major movie work on the side. OTOH, everyone who works with NF loves him forever. Stana’s former co-stars never mention or interact with her again. She’ll be missed on this show, and missed in general, because she’ll never be heard from again.

• DB says:

you really are an ignorant troll. Go on twitter and facebook and interviews next time before you open your mouth to speak. Stana is constantly praised by the crew as well as cast and the guest stars with the exception of Fillion and quinn. She remains in touch with and friends with many she has acted with. Get your facts straight next time troll!!!

• Mary says:

You are so idiot!(sorry, but that’s the kindest word I find). You should take a look at statements from crew and cast members and you would see that, odly (sarcasm mode!), apart from NF and MQ, everybody praises her! Get your facts right before making a fool of yourself.

• Just one thing says:

You sound like that Patrick guy who’s been spouting “insider knowledge” for the last year or so. I remember a bunch of swings and misses from that bloke on Twitter as he desperately tried to string people along for hits and clicks on his piss-poor site.

• DuniaMartínez says:

Well, facts are against your statement. Ckeck Twitter, Instragram… everyone praises her but NF…. and that is a fact. Fact wins over opinions

• Annie says:

Wow that’s just about completely opposite from the bulk of the comments, quotes, and articles available for public consumption. I don’t see *anyone* dissing Stana or being quiet – except for Fillion – about Katic’s unceremonious dumping. I see a lot of people saying how much they appreciate and love *her.* And I also see a lot of reports that quite frankly, don’t make Fillion look all that great. I’ll freely admit I’ve been biased against him after the way he reacted to the Bloggess/Reddit AMA thing, but … dang. Nothing I’ve seen since has made me question that bias.

• mooshki says:

You might as well give up. Stana’s fans are some of the craziest I’ve ever seen. They refuse to believe anything bad about her or anything good about Nathan.

16. Just one thing says:

Who cares what a pelutant little child has to say about Castle? Her motives about the show have always been solely self-serving, and I’m sure she’s relieved to finally have a shot at stardom.
    L. O. Freaking. L. As if.

• Lacy says:

” Her motives about the show have always been solely self-serving, ”

Where do you get that idea, for heaven’s sakes?

17. MsTLB says:

There is probably so much more going on here that’s not for the general public. I’m sad about the departures/dismissals and I feel for the rest of the remaining cast and crew. This has become a very messy situation for all involved. Time will tell how this plays out. We’re still not sure if they’ve got a renewal yet.

18. JImN says:

Keep you agent looking, Molly.

19. Heartbroken KBex says:

Her first tweet was good, but then it all went sideways. Sometimes knowing when to stop talking (or Tweeting) is a gift — one she clearly, lacks. Fillion plays Richard Castle, but she show has always ALWAYS been about relationships, with the Caskett relationship being at the very heart of it all.

20. mazel tov says:

Hey little girl, listen up. You add nothing to the show, nothing. If ABC is looking to save a few bucks they can make you disappear. Go finish your education in Europe or somewhere.

Try this:
    “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. ” Abraham Lincoln

Or a line from Top Gun: “and you, you’re lucky to be here.”

21. Luli says:

One thing is being the title character, and the other thing is being THE show. Castle is not the show, Caskett is, and always has been from day 1. Is anyone actually interested in watching a show without Beckett? Without their love story? Molly should have stopped tweeting after her third tweet.

• John NYC says:

Remove the Rick character and you’ve got a middle of the road NYC cop show. Which is for sure NOT Castle.

She’s right, the new reset will be very very different: but like other offerings it has a chance. Some known characters if not a completely familiar setting. It will be challenging though that’s for sure. Broadcast television always is.

22. Mary says:

Altough I honestly wasn´t expecting anything different from her (looking at her sayings in the last 2-3 years), she really should have stopped after the first words!
    No, dear Molly, NF is not Castle – the show has always been about a writter AND his muse!
    And this tweet is classless, to say the least! You should have asked Nathan´s PR to writte your note too:):)

23. lariet50 says:

I used to work for a company that most all employees hated. Every time there was a fire alarm (usually due to burnt popcorn), people would gather outside and yell “FAN THE FLAMES!!!” I kinda feel like that’s what Molly Quinn was attempting to do in that last tweet.

24. joann says:

I always believed where there is smoke there is fire.Nathan tweet is too litle to late.As for molly I always got the impression she was jealous ofStana/ Beckett off and on screen.

25. Nothing against Molly but it makes the most sense to eliminate Alexis’ character for “budgetary reasons.” It’s totally believable that Alexis would be off in college finding herself and having fun, and not working as a secretary at her dad’s PI firm. It definitely makes a hell of a lot more sense than a writer consulting with the NYPD on active murder cases for 9 years. ABC should have just greenlit a movie or 4 to 5 episodes and ended Castle’s run with class.

• anon123 says:

I know?? Have Alexis get a job in Europe, or apply to grad schools in London and have Martha finally get an acting job in LA working on a TV show and be done with them. Can you also believe that Gates was cut and replaced with Hayley? Not to mention Maya was replaced for Vikram? Horrible.

• Josh says:

Funny how the women keep getting cut

• Virgo says:

Yes talking about budget, Martha and Alexis should have been eliminated – their characters are not important on the show; annoying mother does not respect the privacy of her son, it’s not funny anymore when she disrupts the moments of CASKETT and Alexis,she is nothing in the show. By eliminating these 2 characters, it will save ABC some money and take out Hayley too – her acting is awful. Maybe NF is threatened by SK’s acting. In an episode where it is concentrated on Beckett’s character, it is intense, it is awesome and amazing. Whereas if it is NF, like “Cool Boys” it was boring. Without SK Castle is boring and corny. If Stana/Kate Beckett will not be on the show just end the show on Season 8

• Jerri says:

They’re trying to make Alexis into today’s Veronica Mars, only considerably less cool.

• Sean says:

The whole story line has derailed, since the disappearance nonsense. Your spot on about the Veronica Mars comment. This entire season should have been moving towards a wrap up. ABC had plans to end the run this year anyhow. When you start playing a storyline shuffle it shows the network is unreachable on a direction.

Look at the 90’s with Homicide, start stupid stories and main character removal. It kills the whole show.

26. She’s right of course, it’s a little odd how hysterical fan-reactions have become these days(with all the all/nothing declarations when a character leaves).

Personally I’d like to see the show spinoff into Castle PI, so they can lighten the mood a little(Castle is a great show, but not good at conspiracy/dark-drama), and leave all the baggage from what is now 5 conspiracies in a row behind.

27. Mike says:

Go back and watch some of the earlier episodes people. There was an underlying thing about castle and his daughter and him trying to be a single father. So as much as this show has been about Beckett and castle it has also been about Alexis and her father. IMHO.

• John NYC says:

Those were aleays great scenes. Seeing him gain insight from his talks with his daughter was terrific.

• KL says:

I agree. When I first started watching the show on TNT, I would make sure I saw the beginning and end. Frankly, how many scenes in 7.5 years has Molly had without Nathan? Does she even see the rest of the show? Her view of the show seems to be just her parts of it.

• mooshki says:

Their family relationships were always my favorite part of the show.

28. Manuel Schuster says:

Dear Molly! CASTLE,without Beckett does not work The Show is about a great Love with his muse. Castle without his great love does not work! Greetings from Cologne, Germany by Manuel Schuster

29. Spikenalabama says:

Gonna be plenty of haters for my comment I am sure but…..I never liked the Beckett and am not sorry to see her go. The show is “Castle” and that is why I watch.

30. Sawyer says:

Castle is just another fat aging B actor. Who cares. Fire or kill the lead actress off. Real class act.

31. L. F. says:

Molly Quinn has always been jealous of Stana. That’s so clear.
    “Nathan Fillion is Castle”. So, there can be a season 9 without Alexis and everyone else. It will be a one man show. Molly is so stupid.

32. Boiler says:

Posters said she should have stopped talking. Perhaps the majority of posters on here should take their own advice

• Max says:

We have a winner!! Best comment of the day!

• NDFan says:

I really shouldn’t be surprised… And yet I still am. The nasty comments people are making about a person they don’t even know is just disturbing to me. And everyone seems to know exactly what all these people are like in real life just because they read some things on the internet…its so bizarre to me.

33. Patryk says:

Castle without Stana is like Remington Steele without Stephanie Zimbalist, She and Pierce Brosnan were equal leads. Nathan was a a big name in season 1. But since season 2 he was equal to Stana. His career was revived and she was made a star. Now it looks like he turned his back on her and playing big shot. Show as it is may be gone but people will remember the stink. Was it worth?

34. pAloma says:

It would be really weird to tell some cast members that they weren’t being invited back unless the show was getting renewed otherwise why bother. Why hurt their feelings by firing them?

• John NYC says:

This wasn’t “announced” as far as I’ve read: it was leaked, no doubt by some one or ones with an agenda. The play the business rough out there.

When asked ABC confirmed. But they weren’t the source. As to telling people. At some point the expected scheduling of negotiations would pass and the agents would notice as one possibility.

• Plecodave says:

I agree with you John NYC that this story was leaked by somebody with a agenda. Why would ABC release this information with 5 episodes waiting to be aired? I’t makes no sense for a ratings boost because they lost 1/2 a million viewers from episode 17 to episode 18. I will say with Molly’s and Nathan’s responses that they know they will be back for a season 9 or a Castle PI story. Who else will be joining them is still a mystery!

• DuniaMartínez says:

That is the comment of the day! So true! What is frustrating is not that she is not coming back (which is sad) is the disrespectful way they treated her. Not necessary at all!

35. k says:

No, honey. Nathan Fillion plays Richard Castle, but he alone is not CASTLE. He’s not the show. That is so arrogant and such a turnoff.
    The whole point of the series was that he was a writer in a rut both professionally and personally, and Beckett as his muse made him Great. She was always the center.
    Now I like Fillion, but I’m a long time fan exiting along with Katic and Jones.

36. Plecodave says:

Molly Quinn should remember that In Hollywood there are people with long memories and stars with short careers!

37. Lucky says:

I watch the show for Nathan Fillion. And I agree with Molly, Nathan IS Castle. I think Stana Katic has done wonderful work over the years, and my preference would be to keep her, but I’m not going to quit the show just because she isn’t on it.

38. Big POI Fan says:

Quiinn is allowed to have her opinion just like the rest of us. I’ve never stopped watching a show because of a death. Some deaths really pissed me off, but once I cooled down, I went back to check out the show and so far, have always found it to be just as good, or better, after a major death. I agree with Quinn, the show is called “Castle”, not “Mr. and Mrs. Castle”. Nathan was the reason I even bothered to check out the show in Season 1, so if my pattern stays true, I will continue to watch Castle as well, just to see how they handle a new Mrs.Castle-free series. I’m looking forward to watching where Stana’s career takes her next. Whatever she does, she’ll be awesome.

39. Castlefan says:

Not at all surprised by sycophant number one’s classless tweets. Such a crawler to Fillion she probably couldn’t work out whether it was in her best interests to further alienate the fans or risk offending the one remaining reason for her employment. If she really thinks Fillion IS the show it explains a lot about her performance this year. Liked her as a 15 year old; the adult version needs some work.

• sawyer says:

any of you remember all the episodes involving the team where filion/akacastle just stood around saying/doing nothing except looking awkward and out-of-place/with no lines…..was this your take on “method acting”, fillion?…..just one more thing: oh man, what a LAME insincere DELAYED statement you (your pr guy) made regarding stana katic’s departure from the show!!!!!a lotta’ bs—too bad you chose not to take the high road and be honest about it…….sure makes me question big time if you are the “nice guy” people say you are, OR, the somewhat uncaring guy this statement makes you out to be, hiding behind that “i love everyone” facade?……and why, WHY, would there be an insinuation that you might do a season 9!!!!think you can carry the show sans the real reason(s) it’s been such a success in the first place—might SK & tamala/seamus/jon have had anything to do with that?
      now–molly: fillion is not the end all/be all of CASTLE; fillion IS NOT castle, as you put it, (in your transparent attempt to preserve YOUR future)…there are so many other dynamics in place with the other actors on the show you chose not to mention……..as for you personally, your acting wasn’t too bad as alexis kid/teener, but as an adult, you just don’t cut it with your new hairdo/makeup/tight clothes…..sorry!…..please, ABC, do NOT LET THE SHOW GO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Phoenix5634 says:

She pulled a Nina move. What is it with female leads and not seeing things through to the end, and then coming up with some irrational excuse saying it’ll be all fine. Smh

41. JImN says:

Nathan always wanted to redo the Rockford Files. Castle turned out to be a love story and always will be. Castle is defined as the relationship between Beckett and Castle, nothing else.

42. Dj says:

Huge fan of Molly. She is always nice enough to reply to viewers who tweet her. She is a 100% right. Nathan is Castle he plays the title character and yes part of the show was a writer and his muse but she kind of address that when she said it would be way different. I see nothing wrong with was she said.

43. Scott says:

Ill say because you ‘ fans” seem to wanna talk it out on Quinn with Snarky comments.

Nathan Fillion IS Castle. Accept it. the shows named after HIS character. Thats whats she’s saying. if that Bugs you, maybe you should stop being irrational.

YES , Katics Bekket is integral to the show. but you guys are acting like spoiled children because she said something you take issue with. Boo Hoo kiddies.

44. A Halsey says:

It’s been fun ABC, sorry you have to go. No Beckett no Castle. I will find something else to watch but it won’t be on ABC.

45. Mary S says:

The showrunners for Castle began the murder of this wonderful, marvelous, engaging, engrossing, entertaining show the moment they took Beckett out and added Hayley.
    Sorry, Hayley, you are a pretty girl and I like your accent, but, which one of the “powers that be” are you sleeping with, to get on the show? I can think of no other reason for this horrible turn of events…if the current showrunners are left in charge of the continuation of Castle without Beckett, we will see that season 9 is in fact the final season.
    Other fun and entertaining shows have been killed because the producer (or someone) wanted to get laid and so forced his girlfriend onto a popular and successful show, thus ending the show. I can think of at least 4 off the top of my head,that had very successful first seasons but the season 2 changes made them dreadful. I never thought it would/could happen to Castle.
    If budget is a problem, fire the dippy showrunners and Hayley, KEEP Stana and Tamala, put it back into its Monday night slot, and let the ratings rise again.

• Sarah says:

I don’t care for the Hayley character either, but the entire reason they brought her in was because Stana demanded less screen time and more episodes off work. She didn’t want to be there, and they had to fill the void somehow.

46. Lacey says:

Ms. Quinn is a class act. A rare breed in Hollywood these days. I admire her for her measured response.

47. Tim says:

this show will never make it without Stana. they should have gotten rid of Quinn and Sullivan.

• Lame says:

If you read Susan Sullivan’s interview prior to SK’s firing, you would know there is more to it than just money.

48. Carolyn says:

I love Castle….Love the character….he can go in different directions…excited to see where they will take his character now….wouldn’t mind seeing him work with his father more….many possibilities there…

49. Abc you miss up by letting go the girls of castle. You guys can suck it . Nathan Fillion you should leave to surport the girls that abc let go Satan Katic and Tamala Jones.

50. JImN says:

#CastleGreatestRomCom Thanks to Nathan and Stana for the memories and the DVDs.