Aquarius Season 2

Aquarius: NBC Announces Date for Commercial-Free Season 2 Premiere

NBC has made some killer arrangements for the return of Aquarius.

The network’s David Duchovny-led drama will be back on Thursday, June 16, with a two-hour, commercial-free (!) premiere at 9/8c.

Per the Peacock Net’s official announcement, the unprecedented broadcast “will have absolutely no breaks for commercials or network promos, with the only stoppage coming for a one-minute local news break during the show’s second hour.” (However, when the premiere moves to online and digital platforms the following day, normal commercial breaks will air.)

Beginning June 23, Aquarius — which stars Duchovny as an LAPD cop on the hunt for serial killer Charles Manson — will move to its normal 10 pm time slot.

1. Et al. says:

So, they couldn’t sell any ads for it?

• Steven says:

That was my thought too. Given how badly it did last year I can’t believe NBC is following through with a second season.

2. Mara says:

I thought it was very well done. Love no commercials, I will definitely be tuning in on the 16th!

3. HAP says:

Hard to understand NBC. Not only did they stream the episodes before they showed them on the network, but they renewed this show only a few weeks into its first season, only to see its ratings go down the toilet.

• TD says:

I don’t know that it’s that hard to understand, since it was an experiment. They were interested in seeing what would happen if they streamed it all early. It didn’t work, but it was worth a shot. As far as the early renewal, that did seem a bit premature, but I think the premiere and early streaming ratings were pretty good before it tanked. There are often other factors at work, too–securing actors, how much the show actually costs the network (whether they own the studio that made the show, for example), etc. I don’t know what any other factors may have been.

4. The Kaibosh says:

This is the dawning…

5. wrstlgirl says:

Sounds good to me!! It’ll be like watching a movie :-)

6. popeye013 says:

Hopefully the unedited uncut episodes are available in iTunes.
    Tried watching the censored cut episodes and couldn’t!

7. Judy says:

I loved the show. However, I did watch it all at once since it was out early.

8. CJ says:

I really enjoyed this show last summer even though I went into it not expecting much of anything from it. I’m looking forward to the second season and the commercial-free premiere is an excellent bonus.

9. John Davis says:

I loved the show.

10. Yoko says:

Liked the show last summer and watched most of it on demand. Will watch it again this summer. I’ll watch the 2 hr commercial free episode and I appreciate it. I’m sure it has advertisers, how snarky can you get. If the networks don’t try new things they will become dinosaurs. I applaud them for at least attempting something different.

11. BURNETTE BRADWELL says:

Love it ,all the leading men are cute. ..Hodiak, Manson, shafe. Great period drama.

12. Annie says:

This is one of the best shows. When is it returning to Wednesday ? We’ve not seen it aired lately.