Exclusive
Keith Allan Leaving Z Nation

Z Nation Recasting Keith Allan's Murphy Ahead of Season 3?

Z Nation‘s human/zombie hybrid Murphy may be on the verge of his most dramatic transformation yet.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the producers of Syfy’s undead drama have issued a casting call for Keith Allan’s role of Murphy ahead of Season 3. I’m told the move is related to a contract dispute between Murphy and Z Nation producer The Asylum. The hope is that the conflict will be resolved before production resumes on May 1, rendering a recast unnecessary.

Syfy referred questions about Allan’s status to The Asylum, a rep for which did not respond to our multiple requests for comment. Allan’s personal rep also did not respond to a request for comment.

For its recently concluded second season, Z Nation averaged 1.5 million total viewers per episode (Live +7). It also ranked as Syfy’s most social original series in total social engagements. Season 3 is slated to bow this fall.

1. Phoenix5634 says:

I don’t watch this show, but recasting a character will ruin you. Haha and look who’s behind it, SyFy, lol.

2. chuckiechk says:

no, just no …. HE IS THE SHOW, REPLACING HIM WOULD RUIN WHAT THE IS ABOUT

3. Megan says:

There is no show without him. He’s the whole reason the rest of the cast is doing what they’re doing. Why don’t you just give them all races and treat them well and then there’ll be no problems.

4. Couch Mom says:

NOOOOOO…….Keith Allan has been perfect for the role. Please resolve your issues so all the cast remains intact. :(

5. i stopped watching this show during the second season… lost interest..

6. cynic44 says:

“a contract dispute between Murphy and Z Nation producer The Asylum.” Way to blur the line between reality and fiction… Safe to say its Allan looking for more cash, not Murphy.

7. I really love Z Nation Please keep Murphy, he is the show also Doc.

8. SilencedoGood says:

I was on the show. If Kilo Alpha does not return the show will be given mercy. It is a good show that will only get better in time. Do not let Kilo Alpha get away.

9. Jay Grunfeld says:

The whole show was getting behind this one guy….and you wanna change that guy…..because your cheap. How many times do producers need to run in the same circle only to tank a good show. Though, it wouldn’t be the first time cheap producers tanked a really good show….

10. Debby says:

If you loose Mr. Allen you’re done I love all the characters, but he is what the show revolves around. You can’t recast. What a shame. They filmed here in Medical Lake the last 2 seasons. All are nice.

11. Geribean87 says:

Just saw on @KeithAllanDuh’s Twitter feed that he’s still playing Murphy.

Thank goodness!

Though a great show on its own, it wouldn’t have been the same without brilliant Keith Allan, my newest favorite actor.

12. kim says:

Keith Allan is the only Murphy. Don’t be cheap Asylum, Keith is the man that makes Z Nation worth all the wait between seasons.

13. Murphy rules…No to recasting…..It never works.

14. shakeria says:

Really why leave the cast alnoe y’all just gonna lost fans…

15. Lee says:

Z nation is my current favourite series and can’t wait for season 3. If Murphy is to no longer be in it, his story would have to conclude in episode 1 of season 3. We have to find out what happened after the submarine :s

16. Gilbert Abrego says:

No Allan…no watch…its that simple!

17. Janis Jacobs says:

I’m sorry to hear about the contract dispute. I think Keith Allan is fabulous in this part. I truly hope something can be done to make Mr. Allan and the show happy. It’s such a great show.

18. Rex says:

Goodbye another good TV show.

19. Brent says:

love me some z nation , great cast!! funny!! and scarry!!! keep it going!!!

20. Tammy says:

I didn’t watch it from the beginning. My hubby did. Then… I kinda got caught up with Murphys almost “house” like cantankerous attitude. I ended up loving the show. Please resolve issues mr Allen!!! You are like my mr big sexy smurf! Much love to all

21. Blah blah says:

Im not sure if its true but on twitter they really dont seem to be arguing and I have not heard of this at all I follow all of the characters they all seem pretty happy with their job and they have been doing a few merchandise giveaways, murphy and the people behind the asylum seem to be getting along to me , it seems like whoever made this article works for the show or they are not telling the truth,,, DRAMA!! just enjoy the show and what is coming up.

22. Omorose hart says:

I love this show so much please bring it back with our without murphy

23. Toy🐾 says:

This show and the Walking Dead are my favorite shows. If Murphy’s character is changed, the show won’t be the same. Maybe his grown daughter can take his place, since she is a carrier of the cure. I will continue to watch the show and I can’t wait until the new season starts.

24. Robin Sanford says:

No, he makes the show. I don’t think I could feel the same about the show without him!!

25. Celine says:

Is z nation coming to the space station and if yes when will that be? I love the show especially
    Murphy he is a great actor!

26. Celine says:

When will season 3 of z Nation be showing on space?

27. Debby Owen says:

Keith…. pleeeeeaaasssse… don’t leave Z Nation! We love you! As Murphy and as you!!!! Our hearts will be broken!

28. I was a refugee and a zombie o the show for season 3 and. These were all rumors, there was never any talk of recasting Murphys roll.

29. Kathleen Morgan says:

Gopsmacked at the end of Z nation can’t believe the shooting of my fave characters.