Greys Anatomy Ratings

Ratings: Grey's Dominates With Double Dip, Bones Returns Steady

ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy this Thursday drew 8.1 million total viewers and a 2.2 rating (per finals) with its opening hour, marking its largest audence since Feb. 11 and up a tenth in the demo week-to-week. The second episode did 7.8 mil and a 2.2, besting anything Scandal has done in the time slot since Nov. 19.

Grey’s easily led the night in the demo, and was only edged out in total viewers by a Big Bang rerun (which did 8.5 mil).

Closing ABC’s night, The Catch (4.8 mil/1.0) dipped a bit.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | Bones resumed its penultimate season (and after a lonnnnnng hiatus) with 4.4 mil and a 0.9, matching its midseason finale. American Grit debuted to 2.4 mil/0.8.

THE CW | A rootin’-tootin’ Legends of Tomorrow (2.03 mil/0.7) and The 100 (1.13 mil/0.4) were steady.

NBC | Strong opened the night with 3.3 mil and a 0.8. A ZOMG! episode of The Blacklist (6.7 mil/1.4) hit a 6-episode high in audience while adding two tenths in the demo. Game of Silence christened its regular time slot with 3.9 mil and a 0.8, down sharply from Tuesday’s apres-Voice preview and down from Shades of Blue‘s Season 1 average (5.8 mil/1.1).

1. Coach T says:

Rip to the Catch

2. Kevin K says:

I was really emotional during last night’s Blacklist episode and people who watched it needs some time to recover. James Spader truly deserves an Emmy worthy performance for the episode and who knows if he’s going to get nominated as POTW or one of the honorable mentions.

3. Sawyer says:

Look like killing off Lexa and Lincoln was not a good idea. The 100 such a good episode.

• The actors were cast in other shows and the Lincon actors has bad mouthed the showrunner so what they supposed to do?Have them not appear on the show but never mention them?

• Christoffer says:

ADC was cast on another show, yes. But was more than willing to come back. The crew behind FTWD was also more than willing to keep working with The 100 to let ADC come back. Ricky talked about the bullying -after- his last episode aired, so kudos to his restraint. Bullying that had been going on for some time. Before that he kept mum about it. Ricky didn’t get written off the show because he got a new gig, he got a new gig because he was written off the show. You can go back and check when writing the scripts/filming took place and when casting announcements for American Gods appeared.

4. Lily says:

with the lack of promotion done by Fox, after four months, I can barely believe Bones actually did quite well

• sarah t says:

I was thinking the same thing. Fox doesn’t really lead one to believe they truly support the show by constantly moving it around the schedule, pushing back premiere dates and little advertising.

5. Bwhit says:

Legends of Tomorrow was so good last night. That group of misfits is my new favorite thing about Thursdays!

• wrstlgirl says:

Wasn’t that just so much fun to watch. I could have done without the Kendra drama but the rest made up for it. The H.G. Wells reference at the end was a riot.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I had speculated Albert Einstein early on, but 1) not in Germany and 2) too old.

• Bwhit says:

Yes! I was like they are throwing that in there, nice way to tie the story together :). Agree about Kendra, I get it, she has a destiny lol!

• Tenney says:

I loved Legends of Tomorrow. It was such a fun episode and I thought everyone played a great part in the story. Even Kendra, who sometimes can be annoying, didn’t bother me so much last night. A really, really good episode.

6. Bryan says:

That truncated Idol final season seems like a stupid idea now huh Fox?

7. VB Haliwell says:

Matt, any word on delayed viewing figures for the Catch? I cant find L+3 or 7 figures for the show.

8. Carla Krae says:

I don’t know about the rest of CBS, but The Odd Couple was new.

9. Dennis says:

Those numbers for The Catch aren’t bad to be honest…wonder if it will get renewed?

10. Only cackle over the audience when it is “apparently good” you started with (Thurs 09/24/2015
    12-01 2.84 -8.29%† 9.549 -2.67%†). the audience is not so good.
    Logically, more boring episodes of this series that died on April 23, 2015, when the episode where Derek Shepherd died in a car accident was issued.

The chain, the showrunner and others do not want to admit it. There is a lack of imagination on the part of the writers who repeat plots already issued and neither the direction of the chapter by George Washington has improved audience data. Now recreate similar to Derek in the 5th season negligence, but of course nothing to do with the interpretation of Patrick Dempsey.

What about the ingenuity of the writers who repeat / recycle situations already issued. Perhaps the genius died with Derek? It is sad to see how the series is sinking and this time Derek is not to get them out the Bay of Seattle as when Meredith was about to drown.

And as for Ellen Pompeo should receive acting lessons because “even if he comes in time to filming”, “known memory your papers” “is more than 2 minutes on screen”, she does not know is interpreted, fortunately plans leave the interpretation, the profession will appreciate it; is painful to see how he interprets his papers. It should pursue their “campaigns in defense of animals that are hypothetically” damaged “by the cosmetics companies”

• Mika says:

The show was reborn when they killed off Derek. I personally have been enjoying it way more than when he was alive.

• Vaughn M says:

I totally agree with you! Even tho I hated to see Derek, this show has made me fall in love all over again!

11. kn1231 says:

The Catch is definitely the worst of the Shonda show’s but I gotta say for the first time after the last 5 minutes of last night’s episode, I am excited about next week! I’m now curious about where it’s going to go, hopefully they can keep this momentum.

12. anna says:

bones ya hace mucho tiempo que perdió su esencia y fue monótona y aburrida . la fox no es la culpable de la baja de audiencia son muchos factores

13. kmw says:

Disappointed but not surprised with Bones. The good news is it didn’t drop far but the bad news they didn’t gain I should be happy they stayed steady what with being off the air for 4 months and getting no promotion from FOX whatsoever. I wished it had stayed on Fridays when it was doing ok. Grey’s( it just keeps on going) and TBBT have really hurt it on Thursday. Oh well I guess since we are getting a last season it shouldn’t matter anymore

14. DarkDefender says:

Hey Matt,
    I know your cable ratings are usually in a different article, but I am Super curious as to how BBC America’s Orphan Black season 4 premiere did last night (as opposed to its old Saturday time slot).

15. John NYC says:

Bones?

Too long a gap. Lost interest.