The Mist TV Series

Stephen King's The Mist Scores 10-Episode Series Order at Spike

Something wicked next year comes… to Spike.

The network on Tuesday gave a 10-episode series order to The Mist, based on the Stephen King novella about a seemingly innocuous fog that seeps into a small town and creates immense havoc.

In February, Spike ordered a pilot, but decided to go straight to series after hearing the pitch and reading the script.

Filming will begin this summer, the network noted, with the goal of a 2017 debut.

The Mist got the big-screen treatment in 2007, with Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Andre Braugher and Laurie Holden headlining the ensemble cast.

The new series is written and executive-produced by Danish scribe Christian Torpe.

Are you intrigued by a Mist-y forecast for your TV screen? Sound off below!

1. Ded says:

This could be good if its only 10 episodes. I can’t see stringing this out.

2. Mike says:

Uhh Why?

3. AngelWasHere says:

Hmm…if it’s anything like Wayward Pines I’m out. Wasn’t crazy about the movie either.

4. Jason says:

Stephen King adaptations are usually hit or miss. Here’s hoping for the former. have to say though, even though the movie was good, it was seriously depressing. If they decide to stick with the original story, it might take a lot to psych myself up enough to watch it.

5. Dan the critic says:

Hopefully it doesn’t have the same tragic ending.

6. JB says:

The movie was so well made with a gut punch of an ending. While the ending in the story was different and opens it up to a larger world, I hope this is a limited series.There are so many other King properties that could be a good series, why dip the toe back in this well so soon?

7. Sarah96 says:

Yes!! I’m all in for this ideia. I love the movie and it was scary has hell but that ending left me feeling devastated and hoping someone out there will do a tv series..my wish came true lol
    I hope they really do the series justice..

8. John Davis says:

Awesome! I just ordered this book.

9. N8frogg78 says:

Loved the movie anf the book. Even the ending of the movie was a nice (but very depressing) surprise. I’m on board for any King book to be made into a cable TV series. Hopefully it doesn’t turn k it like UTD.

10. Mike says:

I sure hope they don’t pull an “Under The Dome” with this one. 10 and OUT should be sufficient…