The Voice Predictions

The Voice Predictions: Who's a Lock to Advance — and Who's at Risk — on Teams Pharrell and Adam?

Like Kim Kardashian posting another glassy-eyed selfie on Instagram, tonight’s The Voice Live Playoff results for Teams Pharrell and Adam will likely be set to the “utter predictability” filter.

Indeed, in the wake of Tuesday’s lackluster performance show, the results of the iTunes singles chart at the close of voting — noon ET — show a definitive pecking order on both teams.

Certainly, there’s an outside chance that Facebook and Voice-app voting could catapult a poor seller to an unexpected result ending with Carson Daly screaming their name after the words “Saved by America!” — but it seems unlikely.

As a reminder, after the top two vote-getters from both teams advance, Pharrell and Adam will each need to throw lifelines to one of their remaining four artists. (Check out the iTunes rankings and predictions for Teams Blake and Xtina here.)

Here’s how the battle for iTunes sales — a crucial piece of the voting pie — played out.

TEAM PHARRELL
40. Daniel Passino – “When I Was Your Man”
44. Hannah Huston – “Ain’t No Way”
58. Emily Keener – Still Crazy After All These Years”
230. Lacy Mandigo – “Love Is a Battlefield”
394. Moushumi – “Love Yourself”
415. Caity Peters – “I’ll Be Waiting”

It doesn’t take a mathematician to read the numbers here. Daniel and Hannah are most likely to get America’s save, but even if Emily sneaks past one of ’em, how could Pharrell possible choose one of his three remaining artists who couldn’t even crack the Top 100? Lacy, Moushumi and Caity will be headed home tonight.

TEAM ADAM
14. Shalyah Fearing – “Listen”
25. Owen Danoff – “Hero”
32. Laith Al-Saadi – “With a Little Help From My Friends”
67. Caroline Burns – “All I Want”
74. Brian Nhira – “Alive”
181. Nate Butler – “Sara Smile”

Shalyah is a lock for the Top 12, and Owen seems like a safe bet, too. After all, even if Laith or Caroline somehow manages to bump him from getting America’s Save, Adam is almost certain to rescue his favorite team member.

If Owen gets America’s Save — and I suspect he will — that sets up the one nail-biter of the evening. Will Adam go with shaggy-haired 38-year-old or the perky teenager whom he suggested was one week away from a breakout performance? Given The Voice’s iffy track record with contestants of a certain age, it wouldn’t shock me if Adam used the “I’m going with the artist who I feel I can help more” excuse — and saved Caroline. Brian and Nate, meanwhile, are easy bets for elimination.

Who do you think will advance on Teams Pharrell and Adam? And who should stay in the competition? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. LADY_in_MD says:

I hope Laith stays I think he’s got a great voice and always love his performances and song choices

• davmon says:

Laith over Caroline? How is that possible?…hmm…Caroline over Mike Schiavo in Battle (after Adam had him sing too high)….And Adam has had poor Laith sing an octave too high the last two weeks….A pattern is emerging here. Consider Adam and Blake as part of the Producer Class; they are the perms. They likely sit in the prod meets. They know the formulas….Gotta have at least one adorable teen girl per season….So they brought her back from last time; and the die was cast…Who turned for Caroline? Adam and Blake….Oh, and gotta keep her through the Lives….But why sacrifice real talent like Mike and Laith for a teen with immature dynamics?….Demographics dummy!…Who are the demographics for Mike and Laith? Older chubs lacking sex appeal?…. Oh, and that’s right, even that demographic prefers the adorable teen girl in the minidress….So bring on Caroline…and maybe Lacy too….(So, Pharrel? You wanna come back in the future? Get with the plan!)….Say: “I gotta go with the one who I believe has so much potential”….And if they don’t improve vocally, just make the minidress shorter and more translucent…and maybe have her sing a hymn or two….and we hold that demographic a few more weeks! [AAARGH! Say it isn’t so!]

2. Belinda says:

I agree and hope Leith stays. He’s awesome singer and musician and I also like his song choices.

3. Gridsids says:

From what I’ve read about last night’s “Voice” episode, it was like “Idol” Season 3, Group 2, but without a Lisa Leuschner.

4. dj says:

I think Alive was the total wrong song for Brian. He was so beautiful on Jesus Loves Me, you would think Adam would give him a song that would allow him to show off that side of his voice. While I love Sia, Alive is my least favorite song of hers, and difficult for most singers to execute without getting breathless and screechy.

5. Duilama says:

Funny how, more and more the voice is going to the Star Search mode!

6. Kelsey Hargesheimer says:

Oh No! Laith can out-sing and out-play them all!!!

7. Elsa says:

So sad about Caity.. She was one of my favorite Blind audition.

8. Mike Etzler says:

It would be good for Laith to make the cut…he’s a long-shot but he stands out from the pack in terms of style.

9. kyllito says:

Regarding Laith, Adam Levine will likely not save him if Amerca doesn’t. The reason for this is the producers are trying to produce a tv show. They already have a long haired dude with a moustache and playing guitar in Adam Wakefield. They don’t need another. This is why the cute Carolyn will likely be chosen by Adam Levine.

10. Timmah says:

I’m hoping Emily gets through though I’m not optimistic. Girls who aren’t screamers usually don’t make it very far on this show.

11. Melody says:

In as much as I will want Laith to stay, the reality is that the old folks don’t make it far in the competition simply because the fans don’t vote for them. In the past, Adam has had many old contestants who don’t go through. I am shocked Laith is even topping the charts right now which is odd considering his age. If I were Adam, I will go with Brian and at the very least Caroline. Caroline will need to up her game to stay in the competition. Brian will fight and if given a better song and will get far.

12. Gailer says:

Maybe we need the old folks Voice edition? Lol

13. Kelly says:

I love watching The Voice and have every season. My favorite judges are Adam and Blake but have enjoyed the other judges…I have no idea why you couldn’t have gotten someone else for next season than Mylie Sirus….Not only can she not sing but she certainly doesn’t have the experience needed to be a judge on The Voice…I will not watch next season and know many many other that will not either…Choosing her was a very bad mistake for the Network and show

14. Mom says:

Chistina just exposed the hypocrasy of the judges’ “save” for the final 12 when she said she had “to go with who America was trending right now.” In other words, they know the vote totals. Why not just put three through? Your process is just an opportunity for the coaches to say nice things to people who have lost. It’s actually cruel – prolongs the agony and the rejection/disqualification.

15. Johnathan Cristancho says:

Shalya’s performance was golden. The crowd fell in love with her! I did to! She is gonna make it far with that strong voice.