Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce Renewed for Three More Seasons at Bravo

Divorce has become a booming business for Bravo.

The cabler has taken the unusual step of renewing Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce for three more seasons, ensuring that the Marti Noxon-created, Lisa Edelstein-fronted comedy will be around through at least Season 5.

Girlfriends‘ wrapped its second season in February with an average 660,000 weekly total viewers and a 0.3 demo rating, down just a tick from its freshman run and ending on a high note, with 765,000 viewers. The scripted dramedy has also helped establish Bravo as a destination for more than Real Housewives and Vanderpumps.

“With Marti and Lisa leading our stellar writers and cast, GG2D is a show that captures an important slice of the zeitgeist,” said Jeff Wachtel, NBCUniversal Cable COO, in a statement. “And with this remarkable three season pickup, it will be a show that audiences can discover and enjoy forever.”

1. KELLY says:

Fantastic news love this show!

2. ljljl@wer.com says:

I was nervous that it wasn’t going to be renewed, so this is great news. I think the show really hit its stride in season 2, forming a believable group of friends that support each other. Much better ensemble chemistry than Mistresses.

3. A says:

Yes! I was so worried about a third season, but this is just amazing.

4. drhenning says:

I had figured it was done since I hadn’t seen anything in a while… Now they can build something without worrying about having to wrap everything up by season end… Good news..

5. HAP says:

Great news. I love the show. Especially the fine cast. I have to admit that my favorite is Alanna Ubach playing Jo.

6. Mirta says:

Amazing news. I love Lisa Edelstein and she shines in this. I just hope we see her recurring in something else between seasons. There is never enough of this actress on TV

7. Nero tTVFiddler says:

Good news – I liked season 1 better than season 2, but minor issue. Nice to have the series around for the next couple of years.

Congratulations to producers, cast and crew.

8. Jill says:

Shaking my head right now. This show should’ve wrapped up after Season 2. It’s awful!

9. Elisa says:

Enjoy Forever? If you’re a fangirl or real housewives follower yes but the average viewer won’t watch. Bad writing and the only good acting was Lisa Edelstein who is always a standout and the reason anyone really watches this show. Alanna U was good starting off but now she’s just annoying. Still shaking my head in disbelief.

• Jan O. says:

I started watching this show on Netflix, then was thrilled to find a season 2, now I want more. I LOVE THIS SHOW! I’m so happy to read there will be 3 more seasons! Would like to know when they will start filming & when season 3 is expected. GO GG2D!!!

10. dee290978 says:

Great news, I want the sexual chemistry back with Jake and Abby 😊 I think they are all great!

11. Yvonne Andrews says:

I cant wait! I miss my Girlfriends!