Cooper Barrett Cancelled

Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life Near Cancellation at Fox?

The book may be closing on Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life.

In the wake of being moved to Fox’s Sundays-at-7:30 time slot, the freshman comedy is being pulled from the April 24 lineup in favor of a Simpsons rerun — meaning it will be off the air for two straight weeks, bumped as it is on May 1 for the American Country Countdown Awards.

Cooper Barrett is likely to be MIA when Fox locks its schedule for beyond May 1, our sister site Deadline reports.

A Fox spokesperson maintains that the sitcom “is not cancelled,” but merely the object of a scheduling change.

Starring Jack Cutmore-Scott as the titular sad sack who doesn’t have the job he wants and has accidentally fallen in love with his across-the-hall neighbor, Cooper Barrett premiered in January to 2.6 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, but at last tally was mustering barely a million heads and a 0.5 rating.

In a recent TVLine “Keep or Cut” poll, Cooper fared second-worst among all bubble shows (ahead of sister sitcom Bordertown), with only 22 percent of those with an opinion voting for renewal.

1. Dorothee says:

Awww I love the show!!

2. Kevin K says:

Called it Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Getting a Sitcom Cancelled.

3. Always enjoy network shows I’ve never heard of getting cancelled.

4. tallsy says:

They should have shown the episodes in order. Classic Fox.

• Jerry says:

Yeah. Was it two weeks ago where they seemed like they were having out with the brother’s wife for the first time? Why do they rearrange episodes.

I didn’t mind the show and would like to finish out the season. Sigh

5. Max says:

Not surprised. Absolutely terrible show. Tuned out after the second episode.

6. Will says:

Won’t miss it. It was actually getting boring…yep, boring.

7. cuius says:

The photo accompanying the article is a complete turn-off. Don’t think I’ve missed much.

8. Kyle says:

Awful show

9. Bruce Finfrock says:

Love the show. Kind of reminds me of Parker Lewis Can’t Lose.

• Facts says:

Yup with as splash of Ferris Bueller. Too bad it’s likely to get cancelled. Viewers are morons hence all the lame glorified talent shows on TV.

10. dean says:

Does this being axed up Bordertown’s chance of being renewed?

11. Kaitlin says:

I think it may have had a better chance if the show actually aired weekly. But there have been several weeks where it’s been on and then not on.

12. Nick says:

I’m critical, but I find this show hilarious. There are way worse sitcoms that are going to be (or already have been) renewed.

13. Weezy says:

I really liked this show at first, but now I’m getting a little sick of it. Way too many bizarre and unbelievable events happening with easy to figure out plotlines (seriously who didn’t realize Victoria Justice was an enemy and that Barry/other guy were playing her at the end), with each episode following a near identical path. It was great when the writing and storytelling were creative (IE the Paula Abdul episode twist), but it’s pretty much the same thing every week now. I’ll stick with it until it’s cancelled, but I think this show has a ton of untapped potential.

14. I’m not surprised about this. Tried to watch this show and got through the pilot and part of the 2nd episode. Same thing with Bordertown.

15. Sarah says:

It’s a silly show even though I kind of like it, but I do hope the lead guy lands on something else. He’s adorable.

16. KT says:

I hope Fox gives it a chance. They put it on Sundays and then it has only been on half the time since its premiere. It’s very frustrating to be a consistent viewer when they aren’t consistently airing it. It’s a fun, quirky show.