Sleepy Hollow Season Finale Video: Watch Ichabod and Abbie Say Goodbye

If you’re a Sleepy Hollow fan still sniffling after last night’s shocking season finale… this clip from the episode probably won’t make you feel much better. (And if you don’t want to be spoiled, go no further.)

But catharsis is a good thing, and in that spirit, we suggest you watch Ichabod and Abbie’s porch-swing farewell at least one more time. Y’know, get all your feelings out.

Friday’s episode saw the exit of Nicole Beharie’s Abbie, who — in an exclusive statement to TVLine — said the Witness had “done all she’s meant to do.” In that vein, showrunner Clifton Campbell also told TVLine that “the character of Abbie Mills makes the supreme sacrifice to save the world, and her character dies in the season finale, yes” and that Beharie “will not return to the show as Abbie Mills.”

Press PLAY on the video above to see Ichabod and the leftenant together for the last time.

1. TvPeong says:

I wish he had said I love you, before they said goodbye.

2. I did not know she was leaving but damn that death came out of nowhere

3. SayNay says:

Argh!!! This is still sad and aggravating, but many thanks Kimberly for your awesome recapping and Sleepy Hollow reporting this season.

4. Morisot says:

Remember “Ghost Whisperer” when they killed off Jim ?

• Amber says:

Yeah, and that was a huge mistake.

• Morisot says:

I ranted and swore off the show. But I’ve watched them in reruns and those Jim-into-Sam-really-Jim have become some of my favorite episodes. (Although I still feel sad for Sam’s family.)

5. Shunda1177 says:

So SAD!!! But if you pay attention to the way he phrased it, he said she would not be returning to the show as Abbie Mills. So we could possible see her again…here’s hoping!

• N says:

That’s the problem. People don’t read. That’s why I wasn’t mad

• Lou says:

She’s not returning to the show at all, the writers have confirmed that Abbie Mills is dead and gone and the actress playing her is no longer in the cast. At best, she’ll return in an episode, in a heavenly plane like August Corbin.

• Cancel It! says:

Nope! Don’t let them fool you again. CANCEL SLEEPY HOLLOW!

6. Pamela says:

I keep reading that Nicole will not return as Abbie mills, it makes me hope that she will return as another character?

• Lou says:

No, they mean the witness will return as another ACTRESS. They’ve stated clearly that Nicole Beharie will not be in subsequent seasons.( Assuming there are any)

7. Phi says:

Maybe she will return as another character. It’s a reach. But still…

8. I quit Sleepy Hollow back in S2 but that scene breaks my heart.

9. wow. what a sad ending. just saw the final episode of ‘sleepy hollow’ season 3. this episode literally brought me 2 tears. i will definatly purchase this on d.v.d in september. actress nicole beharie will b sadly missed. if there is a ‘season 4’, it will not b the same without u. good luck on your future endeavors. u ‘the gal’.

10. Ziv says:

maybe I watch and read too much sci-fi, but my first instinct is that somewhere in WashingtonDC Crane will see a Jane Doe who is Abbie’s doppleganger –after all, all the articles/interviews so far have said that Abbie is done — not that Nicole is leaving.

11. ds says:

Since it was the season finale, was this the blind item.

12. Weezy says:

This might have been the best character sendoff I can remember. They really did the character of Abby Mills justice and showed just how strong her and Crane’s bond was. I wonder who his next partner will be.

13. Cheyenne says:

I keep watching this clip,over and over. “What is there for me in a world without you” — I was in tears. It was his way of telling Abbie how much he loves her. I think she got the message. It was what she needed to hear so that she could make a seamless transition to the world beyond. It’s so sad that she has accepted her death and is ready to move on to the next adventure, whatever that is, and he has to stay behind when he would rather die with her, but he still has work to do and she can’t wait for him; her time on earth is up.

R.I.P. Abbie stay strong; you did what you were supposed to do. Crane has to take it alone from here and the show is going to suck like a Hoover vac. The almost magical chemistry between Crane and Abbie was the heart and soul of the show, and you can’t rip the heart out of a show and expect it to survive. The producers need to do the right thing and pull the plug now. There’s nothing left to watch.

14. todd says:

Season one was steller , season two was not as good but watchable despite the poor acting by “Abbie”. This season was a debacle to say the least. Lame, boring characters and story lines as well as poor acting doomed it from the start. Tom Mison even with his outstanding acting skills simply cannot carry this show any further. I’d rather see him go it alone as “the adventures of Ichabod crane” and can the entire remaining cast.

15. RMP says:

I’ll no longer be watching Sleepy Hollow. They killed-off half the chemistry of the show. Chemistry that was unique for television. Hope the producer enjoy the show since it seems the decision to kill off Abby did not take the loyal fans of the show into account.

16. djc1653 says:

I will watch the last show but the whole point was Abby and Crane were THE Witnesses, without both it just isn’t going to work. Though I really loved the show and taped every one to watch without the commercials. Of course they are only watched once we really enjoyed them.