The Originals Recap

Originals Recap: 'An Awful Lot of Death'

It turns out The Originals are a lot like the Aristocats — everybody wants to be one. And on Friday’s episode, two evil wannabes finally made their dream a reality.

That’s right, fellow humans — Lucien and Aurora officially made the leap from regular ol’ vampires to original vampires. On crack. Or steroids. Or both. Either way, as Lucien explained, they’re an “upgrade” from the traditional model. (We didn’t technically see Aurora this week, but like Klaus, I think it’s safe to assume Lucien’s second bottle of serum was meant for her.)

Lucien’s big transformation went down in Mystic Falls, where Deputy Blue Eyes (don’t call it a crossover!) attempted to send the entire undead gang packing. Unfortunately, just as the prophet Michael Narducci foretold, Matt was no match for Lucien 2.0. In fact, no one was able to take him down, which is how he was able to escape (and free Aurora!) after injecting Finn with his dank new strain of super-venom.

Oh, that’s right… Finn died again this week. Don’t get me wrong, the actors put on a solid show during his impromptu funeral — especially Riley Voelkel, whose story about Finn being her “first friend” could even move the Tin Man to tears — but we already lost Finn (at least) once before, and I’m really a mourn-you-twice-shame-on-me kind of guy.

Even with all of that going down, though, I’d have to say my favorite part of the episode was the little ancestral subplot brewing back in New Orleans. Per Cami’s insistence, Davina tested Kol’s blood to see if he’d been cursed — and what do you know, she found the ancestors’ collective fingerprint all over it. But do Vincent and Davina really think they can take down the all-powerful ancestors? Win or lose, I can’t wait to see them try.

Originals fans, did you shed more tears over Finn than I did? Are you dreading the “inevitable” Aurora/Cami showdown? And should Deputy Donovan have his badge revoked for helping create an evil original vampire? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Ali says:

Why Finn. Good episode but why flipin Finn. Am really not happy about it

• missT says:

i think, he is obvious choice…you remember about that friend-foe-family.
      interesting, but we can consider this pretty Luicen as any of it. in less part family, but still.

one down, two to go. (if we consider Rebecca fallen by family already – than only one to go).
      my thoughts – Finn was killed by friend of the family (in case they don`t orchestrate it like sip of Klaus’s blood was poisonous for him – family).
      next one will be Koll (unfortunately, but logical) – by family while protecting others during Koll’s madness, or friend – like Davina…
      and last will be soon-to-be original Aurora – that is the only way how i would describe why she is brought back. and she has a lot of foes.

• Mary says:

Guys from spoiler room warned to expect 3 deaths by the end of season. Shame about Finn, but I am more worried about Davina. Third one is probably Cami.

• geo says:

i hope davina dies, shes the trouble in all this, breaking klaus sire line

• Amy says:

Oh well she always hated Klaus, she has a stand, I like that. Camille is not even a proper character, just Caroline’s doppelganger. Writers’ve been super lazy about Cami’s character

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

Yes, I agree Davina caused a lot of problems for the Mikaelson’s, I don’t miss her at all, I don’t miss Cami, the writers forced them be together, cause they needed a story line. And let’s talk real what are they thinking in having Elijah and Hailey together there’s no chemistry really between them it’s forced I don’t like it. And his brother had her HELL NO. I WANT THEM TO BRING BACK JACKSON KENNER, I MISS HIM.

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

I wanted to see more of Finn, not happy the writers took him away too soon. And it’s going to be hard for the mikaelson brothers. Ali do you think Cami can win the fight against Aurora now that she’s super vamped. Klaus should had killed her, I think he didn’t cause he still have some feelings for her, there were plenty of opportunities for him to do so. I love seeing Kol, I hope he will be around for the rest of season 3 and and season 4.

2. chal says:

This whole plot with Luicen and Aurora makes no sense. Really for Klaus not to be able to heal a wolf bite is far beyond ridiculous. He is the /original/ hybrid . And rumors are Davina dies along with Camille,Luicen,Elijah and Kol.

• Stacey says:

I just heard Cami and Davina are dying, not Lucien, Elijah, or Kol. I’m hoping those 3 are back for S4!

• Bwhit says:

Same. They kill Elijah, they kill the show in my opinion. Who would be left? Klaus, Freya, Marcel and Hayley? I don’t think Elijah is going anywhere.

• Kami says:

There’s no way Elijah’s dying. I’m okay with Lucien dying and by “okay” I mean I’d be very pleased by it. The same goes for
          Aurora, Davina & Cami. I have no time for any of them. I’ve disliked Davina from the beginning along with Cami and Lucien is as irrelevant to The Originals as Matt Donovan is to The Vampire Diaries. Of course he couldn’t stop Lucien – Matt can’t stop anything and the fact that he’s lived THIS long – longer than Elena and Bonnie (at least 700 times) and even Stefan and Damon truly bewilders me like it’s not even at all realistic at this point. He should be dead 8 times
          over. I just can’t wait to see what’s going to happen, but I think I’d be okay with anyone dying except for Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah & Marcel –
          Everyone else is fair game. I’ve been through too much this week between The Walking Dead and Sleepy Hollow – at this point, I just don’t think I care.

• jemmaluc says:

I agree with your comment completely, except for Lucien, I’m fine with him dying but I thought he was the only one of the trinity who cut it as a villain. I think Davina deserves a heroic death and Cami needs a quick one! (I have never understood what the hell they were doing with that character!) and tbh I didn’t even notice Marcel’s absence in this episode so I’m not sure how much I would care if he died…Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah all the way. I am also actually starting to like Hayley (she is a lot less annoying when she hangs out with Klaus )

I feel your Walking Dead pain!

• Klaroline says:

Agree!!! Why, out of everything that had happened and over 1,000 years, will Lucien give that stuff to Aurora???? That does not make any sense, I mean he never got over her??? Really??? That is just sad.

• Mary says:

They won’t kill Elijah, he is Stefan Salvatore of TO.

3. Rondre says:

Cami and davina for sure. Marcel too; he gets the 2nd serum

4. Phoenix5634 says:

Awesome episode! Really liked the scenes with Eliajh and Finn. And Klaus and Hayley. I really felt Finns death this time, wish he didn’t have to go :( by the way I recognized those steps from the first time he died, even before Matt brought it up :p that was great. Phenomenal directing and acting everyone! And I’m interested about the royal werewolf bloodlines even more now. I’ve been wondering about that with Hope, Klaus, Hayley for a bit now…. On a side note, I called it from Aurora’s first episode, or maybe 2nd episode she was in; she’s an “ex girlfriend from hell” and now she’ll even have the red eyes to match lol.

5. kate says:

I couldn’t help but think that Vincent and Davina were discounting a pretty pissed off witch who actually moved me to tears (and somehow the first death that made me feel that but it’s also after midnight).

6. Phoenix5634 says:

When Finn shot Lucien through Freya. Lucien; “you clever bas_ _ _ d”. Lol

7. Kristen says:

I really enjoyed this episode. TO is always at its best when the focus is on the original siblings. I’ve liked Kol and Finn so much this time around I haven’t even missed Rebekah. I wish they hadn’t killed off Finn again. The family dynamic as dysfunctional as it is – is so entertaining to watch him included. I thought Riley was amazing tonight as Freya. Here’s hoping they don’t kill off Kol again either!!! The more original siblings on the show as regulars, the better!! I don’t even care about “ships” when the plot centers around TO😊.

8. whatjoansdone says:

I’m not happy about finn’s death. I just feel so awful but don’t get me wrong the episode is awesome, I enjoyed watching it, it’s just that I’m sad for what happened to Finn I kinda hoped he’d stick around for his family but they just have to kill him again.

• Kristine says:

I was hoping he would stay too. I think they fleshed his character out much better in TO than they did in TVD before he got killed. I was actually much sadder about his death, mainly because it was so nice to see TO siblings finally interacting in present day. We haven’t seen that since TVD season 3. That’s what’s been missing from the show all along- especially once Rebecca left. I just hope they don’t kill off Kol again. Now that his blood is “cursed” I feel like it’s their way of writing him off which I think would be a huge mistake. As maniacal as his character is, he makes ths family dynamic more entertaining when he is around. It’s so dull when it’s only Klaus, Elijah, and Freya.

9. Ramses MeryAmun says:

I rarely comment about shows, but this particular episode frustrated me. Yes all of the comments that I have read this far seem spot on, I just have to re-emphasize what many others had mentioned. Why Finn??? I honestly really began loving this show in an new way. Since it debuted I had hoped that they’d be able to bring forth the Original vampiric siblings to make this series true to its namesake. I somehow feel that the characters were dumbed down in this episode. Freya witnessed the creation of the ritual. Why was I an audience member saying that they should give Finn the antidote that was literally not 2 feet away from him? Why would they leave a full bowl of this powerful blood in the middle of a field in Mystic Falls and not think to take it analyze and partake of it. In order to stay top of the food chain. Honestly I had hoped that something would have happened to Freya forcing her to having to take the blood and finally becoming an original vampire as her younger siblings. I felt that the writers brought these pasr few episodes into such a great direction, and then squandered it at the end by repeating the exact same situation. Why bring back Finn in such a great way to just turn around and kill him off in uyet another insignificant way? I keep asking, do the producers and writers of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals dislike the actor and his work that much to just keep screwing him over? I mean give him a little more respect, a few episodes on the Vampire Diaries and The Originals and boom there he goes again. I really love this series but as a fan of both TVDs and TO, I really wish the writers had never even brought Finn back, if he were to just be another cheap way of showing how an Original could be destroyed. We could have gotten the message by him or another Original sibling suffer and deteriorate until a cure would be found. Both series tend to quickly kill off their enemies or supporting characters and then find themselves having to re-explain and justify a resurrection spell in order to bring back Alaric, Ester, Kol Mikael, Finn….hell let’s bring back Katerina Petrova too!! Why not simply allow a character to simply “retreat” or “go travelling somewhere in search of something” as opposed to being “killed” off the show? Been my biggest gripe with these series ever since they killed off Lexi on The Vampire Diaries. Sorry for my rant, a bit angrier than I realized. 😇

10. Sesi385 says:

I rarely comment about shows, but this particular episode frustrated me. Yes all of the comments that I have read thus far seem spot on, I just have to re-emphasize what many others had mentioned. Why Finn??? I honestly really began loving this show in a new way. Since it debuted I had hoped that they’d be able to bring forth the Original vampiric siblings to make this series true to its namesake. I somehow feel that the characters were dumbed down in this episode. Freya witnessed the creation of the ritual. Why was I an audience member saying that they should give Finn the antidote that was literally not 2 feet away from him? Why would they leave a full bowl of this powerful blood in the middle of a field in Mystic Falls and not think to take it analyze and partake of it in order to stay top of the food chain? Honestly I had hoped that something would have happened to Freya forcing her to having to take the blood and finally becoming an original vampire as her younger siblings. I felt that the writers brought these past few episodes into such a great direction, and then squandered it at the end by repeating the exact same situation. Why bring back Finn in such a great way to just turn around and kill him off in yet another insignificant way? I keep asking, do the producers and writers of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals dislike the actor and his work that much to just keep screwing him over? I mean give him a little more respect, a few episodes on the Vampire Diaries and The Originals and boom there he goes again. I really love this series but as a fan of both TVDs and TO, I really wish the writers had never even brought Finn back, if he were to just be another cheap way of showing how an Original could be destroyed. We could have gotten the message by him or another Original sibling suffer and deteriorate until a cure would be found. Both series tend to quickly kill off their enemies or supporting characters and then find themselves having to re-explain and justify a resurrection spell in order to bring back Alaric, Ester, Kol Mikael, Finn….hell let’s bring back Katerina Petrova too!! Why not simply allow a character to simply “retreat” or “go travelling somewhere in search of something” as opposed to being “killed” off the show? Been my biggest gripe with these series ever since they killed off Lexi on The Vampire Diaries. Sorry for my rant, a bit angrier than I realized. 😇

• Bwhit says:

If it helps, I have read multiple places that the actor that plays Finn is not interested in acting full time anymore. I think I also read that he came back as a favor to the show but was never going to stay full time.

11. Sheldon Coffield says:

So can someone explain how Lucien is stronger than the originals

• wgsecretary says:

They explained part of it in the show. Lucien combined venom from all seven of the werewolf clans. Werewolves, including Klaus, have one of the venoms, depending on which line they are from. So, it was explained in the show that since Lucien has venom from all seven, it was stronger than what Klaus can cure.

As far as physical strength, they don’t really clearly explain that. But, perhaps it’s because he maybe also has the strength of the seven werewolf lines on top of now also being an Original. But, that last part is just my hypothesis.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Agree. I think Klaus couldn’t cure Finns bite becuz Lucien fused all 7 venoms from all 7 original/ royal werewolf bloodlines. Up until now it was always a singular venom, and even if you somehow managed to get 2 or more bites from 2 or more different bloodlines, they would still be singular strains and would cancel out with enough of Klaus’s blood. But becuz Lucien fused all 7, he made like a super-strain in his lab that can’t be cancelled out by Klaus’s singular cure-strain.
        Question is, is Klaus himself immune to Lucien’s bite or not? Since he’s the source of the cure, plus he’s half werewolf… And what else did Lucien put in that spell?… And I have a feeling Hope will have something to do with this, either part of the solution, or it’s how Lucien pulled it off..

• wgsecretary says:

I feel like Klaus is probably the only Original who would be immune to Lucien’s bite now. He was born a werewolf, so I feel like he’d be less affected by even the stronger venom. I also think Hope’s blood will have something to do with stopping Lucien. She was born from an Original vampire/werewolf and a werewolf. Plus, she showed signs of magic, so she’s inherited magic through Klaus’ family as well. They also seem to be making sure we know where Hope is more lately. I bet she has something to do with stopping Lucien.

12. Lynne fritzinger says:

Love The Originals! I have to admit I shed a few tears for Finn and like Cami I thought it was stupid that Aurora wasn’t killed when they had a chance. Can’t wait for the next episode.

• Klaroline says:

13. Dominique says:

i can’t believe that killed off finn again. and for good this time, it seems. i always liked finn a lot, and getting a little look inside his head this episode was fantastic. why did it have to end with his death?
    for a show called the originals, they sure go through a lot of trouble to make sure there are as few as possible.

14. Liza says:

I love this show, BUT like other commenters, I am very frustrated with the cycle of killing off characters and then resurrecting them. This is a show about “The Originals” and Rebekah comes and goes (the actress’s choice I know), as does Kol and Finn. Last night, Finn’s death seemed final and I was very sad about it, but not surprised. I figured they brought back him and Kol just to fill the prophecy by killing them off. I really liked Finn and am glad they at least gave him a good story and some reconciliation with his family before he died.

Now, my other complaints. They said they were made vampires in what is now Mystic Falls, VA. 1000 years ago. And we have been told before they were Vikings. I am going to have to check my History books, but I don’t remember a Viking Colony in the New World in 1000 AD. But, after they became vampires, they were all over Europe – first making Lucien, Tristan, and Aurora vampires – in what certainly seemed like the area that is now England.

Another thing that bothers me is the whole time jump on TVD that should be reconciled on TO. When Finn and Elijah went to Mystic Falls, it was a bustling town again. Quickly recovered from the whole Julian mess in my opinion. I did notice the Grand Reopening sign on one of the businesses, but it still seemed a bit fast. But my biggest complaint is that when Caroline came looking for Klaus, she was told that no one had seen him for three years. I assumed that when he left with Hayley and Hope, that TO would also have the time jump. I wasn’t sure how this would work since they had so many unresolved issues in the present, but Klaus and Hayley were back in New Orleans so I am not sure how they will rationalize this.

I hate to be complaining so much because I love this show, but I just wish they would pay better attention to the details.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Mikael and Ester are from the Viking colony, they crossed the Atlantic with their people trying to escape a plague, so they could safely live and start a family, and they found North America and settled in Mystic Falls ( which turned out to be inhabited only by werewolves), at the time. They lived there for years peacefully, until the night Henrik was killed by a werewolf, and that’s when she made the original vampire spell. And it wasn’t until Klaus’s hybrid side was revealed to Mikael, that they eventually left and fled to Europe running from Mikael. Then after hundreds of years running around Europe from Mikael, they looped back to North American, landing in New Orleans, finally giving him the slip, or so they thought.

• Sesi385 says:

Wow, I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. I too caught that weird notion that they were born and created in the early Americas. Europe was the birthplace in my recollection as well. I just thought that one of the last White Oak trees just happened to be in Mystic Falls. Great point about the 3 years stint, I was too pissed about Finn getting whacked to even catch that bit of discrepancy. So Finn and Kol have been hanging out for 3 years since Davina’s spell was performed. Wow, I was too lenient on my earlier criticism. 🤔

15. Rahul says:

The ancestors need to be blown off ..I am counting on Vincent , Davina and assistance from Freya too

16. Flashrow says:

I think this time is sad Finn’s death because is for real. They said it, no other side, no ancestral because he is a vampire, just a good-bye. The heartbreaking part was that finally they made peaces.

17. chantall says:

As much as I hated finn, any original dying is super sad too watch. I loved that hayley and klaus scene when they were ambushed at kingmakers that.I hated what lucien did to freya I thought they had potential

18. Luci says:

I don’t want Haley and Klaus together I don’t get why they build relationship up from the start to end up putting them with others I think only Lucian and that awful Aurora should die they always kill off the shows main characters messing it up they should allow Elijah to be with Hayley he deserve it Klaus to be with Camille kol and Davina hell put Vincent Marcel with Rebekah whenever she return with Freya the show going to up as dumb as tvd which I stop looking at in season 4 I’m thinking if he can’t cure the bite maybe hope blood do something being she the first and only original tribrid I don’t it just making a mess out this show they dumb story lines these writers need to I don’t but it getting dumb

• jemmaluc says:

TV shows almost never start off with the pairing they intend, I don’t know if they are going to put Klaus and Hayley together that way but I never saw anything in Elijah/Hayley or Klaus/Cami. (I liked Gia with Elijah)

Hayley and Klaus are the only ones who make sense at all in that way. Its not some teenage fantasy but a pairing of adults who see each others flaws and virtues and often influence each other for the better, the writers have hinted at a future connection between them…From the constant referrals to the ‘King’ and ‘Queen’, Klaus’s jealousy and protectiveness (he stays cradling Hayley’s body even when his daughter is in danger for example) the ‘little wolf’ pet name, the Klaus’s wife jokes and the fact that they are both Hybrids and so they are basically isolated from being a part of the world of vamps or wolves. They actually enjoy each others company, laugh together, banter, bicker and Klaus respects her judgement. (they also fight a lot but in TV land that is more evidence they will get together. ) A lot of Klaus’s character development from s1 onwards comes with Hayley and lately that seems to be happening more and more.
      I like the relationship even if its platonic because we don’t get the heavy handed speeches and angst of the other pairings.

• Klaroline says:

Agree, do not want Klaus and Hayley together romantically. Just because they have a kid together, does not mean they should be together. Elijah and Hayley should be together, she’s the only lady I’m okay Elijah is with. However, I want Klaus to be with Caroline, Camille excuses Klaus’ behaviour, Caroline puts him in check. I like Rebekah and Marcel together. Hopefully the show doesn’t have any more dumb moments.

19. allie says:

So isn’t the obvious solution hopes blood? She is descended from all the wolf lines right? Imean they could also just mix Hayley and Klaus’ blood a little witchy woo woo on it, dip one of Kol’s magical thingys int it and bam Lucien/ Auroura killing weapon.

20. I want to know about these ancient ones they were talking about are they going to be the big bad for season 4

21. TashSanx says:

It was a great episode. The best in a while. I don’t care what anyone says about Finn, his death brought me to tears and his scenes with Elijah were amazing. I really felt for him and it was nice to see the brothers all there for him in the end.

I need Lucien dead but I literally have no idea how they’ll accomplish that. He and Aurora are going to be tough to beat. I just hope all my favourites survive.

22. Jamie says:

Best episode this season in my opinion.. Joseph Morgan (Klaus) should direct more episodes from now on.

23. Crystal says:

I have really enjoyed these last few episodes of TO. I had dropped it in mid season 2 after they kept resurrecting TO in different bodies. The crossover lured me back and of course the klaroline bait, but overall I like the emphasis on the original “originals.” It was so nice to see all the brothers together again in one scene with the original actors from TVD. It reminded me of ” Dangerous Liaisons” from season 3. The final scene with Finn was so touching. I’m so disappointed they killed him off. I really enjoyed the bickering and chemistry among the siblings. I just hope they stay on course and don’t kill off Kol again and keep the emphasis on TO. It actually makes me forget all about the ships.

24. Luke says:

How is it that Lucien’s bit could kill finn? I thought an origanl could only be killed by white oak, so i would of thought he would of comeback after his death like all the others do and have? Im confused…

• Robert says:

When Lucien poured the white oak bullet into the mixing thing it went into his system just like the werewolf venoms. Meaning Lucien’s bite contains white oak (also does Aurora’s)

25. Katie says:

That was an interesting episode last night. Extremely jam-packed with action. I loved it! I like the fact that Vincent and Davina have had it with the ancestors and are forming the “Suck it to you, Ancestors” club. I don’t think it will get very far but it’ll sure be fun as hell to see it in action! I’m really liking the fact that Hayley and Klaus are putting aside their differences in order to protect what’s important: each other. I had to laugh at Elijah’s greeting Matthew: classic Elijah! I’m starting to feel really sorry for Kol because he’s having a hard time of it, no thanks to bloody ancestors. I was starting to like Finn, then: poof. He’s dead for good this time. I thought the way the siblings all came together to pay tribute to Finn and spread his ashes was great. I started to cry and then Klaus had his say: “You will be avenged.” Pretty much what I thought he would say. Lucien, Lucien, you manipulative, back-stabbing, diabolical and devilish son of a gun. I never liked you or that psychotic twit, Aurora. Ugh. You see, this is what you get when you play with your food instead of destroying it! Side note: For the first time in 3 seasons, I actually didn’t miss Cami or even notice Marcel’s absence. I still like his sexy self! I also really believe that Cami will bite the big one in the next couple of episodes and that the third death might be Davina or Kol. I can’t decide which one of those two it’ll be right now. This is getting intense and I can’t wait for next week’s episode!

26. Lulu says:

I hope they don’t kill off Cami again. IMO, that would be pointless now. Her death at mid season was a suckerpunch, whereas if she dies a second time-even if it is final this time, it would be anti-climatic. I can see a reason to bring back Finn, even for him to just die again, because he and his siblings finally got some closure, and Finn was finally freed from his vampirism once and for all.
    As for Lucien, who did this spell to make him so powerful to start with, and who did the spell to release Aurora? Did the ancestors force Vincent to do it, and why in the heck would they be okay with an even more powerful vampire hybrid than Klaus to start with?

27. Denise Rohrbaugh says:

Just please bring Rebecca back. She adds a much needed dimension to the show that only she can give. We miss her terribly! She’s very unique and missed and desperately needed!! And I’m still voting for klaus and Cammi to get together. They are a good match. And so are Hayley and Elijah. It would be good to give him some romance. Aurora is a complete basket case. Good story line but Cammi and klaus need to be the winners of this one

28. Phoenix5634 says:

Did you guys knows the actor who plays Finn, Caspar Zafer, rowed across the Pacific the other summer in a competition, forgot the name of the race, and set a world record with his team. That’s pretty awesome!

• Eudamona says:

I Love fiinnn TOO!!! I LOVE CASPER ZAFER AS FINN! IM so happy to know he won that record! :*… i wished finn really stayed for good in the show… want to see more from himm just like the way i wanted to see more from him and sage back in TVD 3….so sad he got killed again……

29. Jenna says:

Was really happy to see Cami back she is my favorite on the show.

30. Guest says:

This was one of the better episodes because we didn’t have Haylijah/Klamille jammed down our throats. Seems like Hayley/Klayley/Haylijah fans don’t seen to give damn that she never grows or changes and is about as deep as a cap for a stick of Blistex lip balm- as long as she’s with one brother or another, that’s all that matters, lol. No wonder she has no storyline of her own. Cami was in only one scene and annoyed me with these dumb a$$ dark objects. Please, stop with Cami and the dark objects. I’m fearing the spoilers will be true and Davina will die. She is the only woman on this show I like. Cami and Hayley need to do us all a favor and go die in a fire. I’m grateful I didn’t have to see Klayley bickering but one could ask, have these two forgotten the entire reason they left in the first place? Is the entire werewolf race around to be Hayley’s on-call babysitters? They’ve now come back to NOLA – what was the point of leaving in the first place? Shouldn’t Hayley and Hope stayed away? They only needed Klaus, not her. So what is she doing back in NOLA? Klaus leaving Aurora was immensely stupid and Elijah not burning the White Oak was a dumb move. Now, they have to deal with the super charged psychotic pairing of Aurora and Lucien. I think Aurora is using Lucien and the second she gets what she wants – she’ll kill or abandon him.

31. chantall says:

I didn’t like finn but him dying was sooo sad even I cried. I have to in this episode freya`s crying scene was outstanding. I was totally shipping freya and lucien I still have hope for them

32. Sam says:

Has it always been part of the canon that they were all born in Mystic Falls? I thought they were born in some strange place, and then moved somewhere new in Europe. I don’t understand how all these White people got to and were living in Virginia in the year 1000? Also how did they get those accents? It’s one thing to excuse it as changing in modern times, but shouldn’t they sound different in flashbacks?

33. Edward Lee says:

“Don’t bore us w/how much ur coworker’s sis n law makes per hour” LOL!!!!

I don’t know about y’all but I thought this was by far the best episode this season! Also, why kill Finn off already?!
    Makes no sense!!! It wouldn’t surprise me if Kol dies next due to his curse!!!

34. I hope Aurora and Lucien don´t die tbh. They make amazing villains and they are hot af.

35. Pam says:

Is anyone else wondering how Lucien was able to replace the doppelganger’s blood in the original spell. Seriously, Klaus spent 1000 years trying to break his curse because he didn’t have one. All of sudden they can suddenly bypass this crucial step, and he makes the original spell. Really?! I understood using the werewolf venom because he had wolf’s to take it from, but the doppelganger is rare and currently out of commission.

36. grnarchr says:

The Mikaelsons do not stand a chance against Lucien and now Aurora. They were thrown by Lucien as if they were nothing. He reverse-engineered the spell their mom used and the venom from the wolves. The Mikaelsons will have to get very crafty to end Lucien. Call in everyone and anyone to help because Lucien is more of a threat now since he is a hybrid. Cami has her trinkets that can work, which may delay Aurora a little, but that’s it. It will come down to vampire or witch against her. I hope Davina and Vincent do succeed in getting rid of the ancestors because they are part of the trouble. Maybe they re-establish Klaus’s sire line.

37. Ayush Ojha says:

Just kill Lucien and Cami, Arora and Devina maybe but why Finn. Why Finn? I really felt when he died this time after all he was finally home and those royal wolves blood line may be the plot for next season.

38. Evelin says:

39. Evelin says:

Man I don’t want kol to die he just came back and thing were getting good with him and I think he trying to become a good guy

40. Valerie Mendez says:

SO, ON THE TV SHOW THE ORIGINALS SEASON 3, AURORA IS FINALLY GONE. AND TRISTAN IS STILL FLOATING AT BOTTOM OF SOME OCEAN SOMEWHERE. I LOVED HER AND LUCIEN 2.0. I THINK EDUCATION THAT THE WRITERS COULD OF KEPT HIM TILL THE VERY END. BUT I CAN’T WAIT TILL JANUARY 2017 FOR SEASON 4. KLAUS IS GOING TO RULE! !!!!!!!!!!.

41. yasmine says:

Super vamps??thought this whole show was about the originals..why would the writers decide to create something more deadly?in my opinion it kills the whole purpose of it all.

• edyn says:

I can see where they are going with it. Vampires who want to be like the Mikaelsons, which are the Originals. They are hard to kill, but not impossible. They are a family of witches, vampires and a wolf, so their butt is always covered in some way. They were made vampires by witchy mom, not some ordinary vampire sired. Klaus’s blood would be the best because he is a hybrid. He should have sired wisely like Elijah making the Strix.