Exclusive

Bones Sneak Peek: Booth and Brennan Are Finally Back on the Case

Bones is (almost) back, and Brennan is… packing heat?

In this exclusive promo touting the Fox series’ midseason return on April 14 at 8/7c, the doc pulls out a surprising weapon when Booth is held at knife-point by guest star Jim Beaver.

The above clip also features Brennan punching the daylights out of a perp and, of course, copious amounts of murder.

Press PLAY above to watch the video, then share your enthusiasm for the new episodes in the comments.

1. Lily says:

yes!! finally! <3

2. Lily says:

this is so good, I missed this show so much

3. heather says:

Finally, I thought Fox were going to snub Bones all together…first promo in FOUR months…crumbs

4. kmw says:

Nice promo!!! I cannot wait it has been way too long. I love it when Brennan gets tough. Also an amusing ” weapon” she has.

5. Alicia says:

Why in the heck would u take bones off air nooooo my ultimate favorite show sadly my kids also watch it with me have all the seasons I’m so saddened by this

6. anon says:

It’s back next Thursday night, April 14th, 8/7c – smile

7. K says:

Love it don’t want it to end. More clips please.

8. Connie says:

glad it’s back, too bad last season

• Bonesfan47 says:

this isn’t the show’s last season they will have a season 12 that will have 12 episodes next season and that will be the last

9. Myrna says:

yes this is soo funny especially the dialogue about the gun….ha ha ha

10. Always love seeing Jim Beaver :)

11. Jo says:

It’s been a long four months. It looks like the upcoming episode is going to a fun one. I love Bones it’s my all time favorite show. I will be very sad to see it end.

12. Tom-VA49 says:

I don’t know why she’d rely on an app. Bones packs real heat. In one episode she pulled a hand cannon out of her purse and said that she had bought it at the mall.

• Lily says:

Booth told her many times from his position of an FBI agent she’s not allowed to carry a gun on the case, especially for no reason, they couldn’t have known she could need one, it’s good she finally listens to him

13. ginrnbsn says:

I’m thrilled they are finally coming back!!! Pleased they are going to be back for 12 episodes next year! Truly love this show and do not want it to end!! I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want to break 90210’s episode count or at least end at 250 episodes. For now, excited for new episodes!!! I love when Bones kicks butt!! I hope we see Max too!! Absolutely the best show on Television!!!

• kmw says:

Probably the reason why besides the fact that Bones is an older and expensive show is that David and Emily are ready to leave. While I would have loved to have seen them reach 250 episodes I am grateful they are getting 12 next season and even more grateful that their lawsuit didn’t get in the way of making next season happen( and just FYI it would take Bones another two or three seasons to reach 90210, which was never going to happen) Very happy its back on Thursday. Not only does Brennan’s gun scene look fun I love it too when she kicks butt. Cannot wait till Thursday!!!!

• ginrnbsn says:

Thanks much for your reply! I had read on several sites, (now awhile ago), that they were only a few episodes shy of 90210. However; it may have been seasons that “they” were comparing. During the days of 90210, seasons started in Sept. and ended in June, generally speaking.
        So few mention, missing Bones kicking butt! Great to see I’m not alone. I agree completely re: Booth being ready to move on. As our final season is now in its middle: I’ve definitely noticed that Bones also seems ready. I am going to miss this show so very much.
        Recently, I’ve been watching reruns (from the pilot-season 3), and its become something I turn to, to celebrate a great day, and to lift my spirits on very difficult days. I can’t think of any other show capable of such reach. I truly hope that we see more TV programs that can do the same. It always amazes me when people compare Bones, to the CSI’s. There were 3 of them, and they stopped production, quite awhile ago. The only connection was solving murders.
        Bones has always been about so much more than that. Life, laughter, tragedy, teamwork, genius, science, police work, comraderie, challenges, love, grief, family, and great chemistry!! I was laughing really hard while watching, and I called my son, “Hey Ken, Bones is on”! His reply, “I can tell, by your laugh”! Bones is special.
        I’m glad it’s on Tuesdays. Thursday is overloaded. Bones is the highest priority for my DVR. It is the only show I watch live. I’m hoping that being on Tuesdays, more people will catch episode and get a chance to discover this Gem.

14. kathy Johnson says:

Finally. Have been waiting for the return.

15. carole says:

so thankful waiting for this a smart great show please continue it’s never boring

16. Laura C says:

It’s about time. I can’t believe how badly FOX has treated Bones over the years with so many sports pre-empts, other shows, breaks, moving days, etc. It’s good to see Booth & Brennan BACK again, can’t wait for new episodes.

• Rosalind says:

I couldn’t agree more, and I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one. Bones was my favorite show for years, but I feel that Fox really jerked the fans around with the long hiatuses, preemptions and on, and on, and on! Of course I will watch the remaining episodes, this year and next, but the “thrill is gone” for me. Also, I hate that Emily’s character never evolved into someone with better social skills. Her awkwardness and inappropriate (often downright mean) comments drive me nuts!

• Laura C says:

Yes Rosalind. I seem to remember one particular season, or few episodes when the writers made Brennan more vulnerable and softened her character. I want to say it was the ep where she seemed to take on the personality of one of her victims, she ended up out in the rain, Booth picked her up and she was sad because she realized it was too late for her & Booth because he was with Hannah. I remember too that she had bangs, not the pulled-back, slick ponytail she wears alot. I love watching the OLD eps (I get to see Sweets again, still miss him).
        I will continue to watch til the last episode because I have been watching since Day One, but between what the writers/powers-that-be did to the show, and erratic airings, the show suffered. Thankfully, have my FAVE eps to re-watch & TNT repeats.

17. Nancy says:

This looks good!! Brennan is something else. The lady has some brains! Gun sounds – she’s armed and ready!

18. acurat says:

Glad to see it back to finish up this season. It was renewed for one more 13 episode season to wrap it up, so enjoy it while you can – it won’t be around much longer.

19. Carol C says:

So happy they’re back!

20. Manny says:

I hope that the quality goes back to what it was. The last few years have been a downer.

21. Amy says:

Bobby Singer (Jim Beaver) on Bones, bring it on! Excited for the new episodes!

22. Jake says:

In some of those shots Boreanaz’ hair piece really shows.

23. Jeri says:

One of the very best shows on TV. So glad it is back. Wish it would stick around longer!

24. anon says:

That’s all David’s own hair

you bald? don’t have hair envy bro

25. julliett says:

Miss my show so much.cant wait till tomorrow !!yay im happy

26. Kalli says:

unfortunately jim beaver wasn’t actually in today’s episode and this promo is for an episode airing in a few weeks! i was looking forward to seeing him today too and had to come back and check but the article says the promo is for today’s ep…