The Blacklist Wedding

The Blacklist First Look: Liz and Tom's Wedding Day Is Here — Will Red Ruin It?

We really want to be happy for The Blacklist‘s Liz and Tom as they prepare to tie the knot, but let’s face it: There’s no way their wedding ceremony will go according to plan.

The on-again-off-again couple will attempt its second marriage in Thursday’s episode (NBC, 9/8c), and judging by the photos from the pair’s big day, the mood goes from gleeful to somber in a matter of seconds.

Of course, Red’s vocal opposition to the wedding isn’t the only thing putting a damper on the day; given that Ryan Eggold has closed a deal to star in NBC’s in-the-works Blacklist spinoff, we’re not so sure how long this reunion will last — if it happens at all.

Scroll through the photos below — which also include the return of Edi Gathegi as Big Bad Mr. Solomon — then hit the comments and tell us: Will Liz and Tom actually become husband and wife again?

1. Rachel says:

Worst story idea ever. This show has gone downhill. It was so good in the first season.

• wrstlgirl says:

Agreed. Although I do like Tom, it’s Liz that I have a problem with. Loved her in season one, now, not so much.

2. Luis says:

Pretty funny, juxtaposed with the news about the spinoff

3. Luis says:

Also stunned by the news that Famke Janssen is old enough to playing a character who may be the mother of Ryan Eggold’s character. Another artery just hardened.

4. Simon Jester says:

I can’t imagine why they would announce Ryan Eggold’s departure for the spin-off two days BEFORE this episode airs. Who needs dramatic tension anyway, right?

5. Whatevah says:

Tom makes Liz boring so he has my permission to leave. I used to like him but for some reason he’s been bugging me lately.

6. Jason says:

As much as I like Tom’s character, I never really wanted to see them together. I guess I could never get over the fact that he strangled a woman to death in the first season. It’s colored my view of him ever since. How could she ever trust a guy capable of that. Seems like rose tinted glasses to me.

7. Lynn says:

Do these people have amnesia? Tom was responsible for Merra’s death and Cooper almost dying. Now Cooper is the one performing his wedding ceremony??? Aram, who was supposedly Merra’s friend and co-worker is now happily writing Just Married and being best man at her murder’s wedding?? By the way, why are they still calling him Tom? That’s not his name. Tom Keen never existed. He asked Liz to call him Jacob and she ignored it. Hopefully, a sign she’s living in a fantasy world and will wake up to reality soon.

8. Chris says:

Looking forward to this episode so much! Finally it’s here!! I just hope the spin off doesn’t mean the end for these two! Have been loving his redemption arc and the tension with Red.

9. MGL says:

I like Tom and Liz. I think their relationship, as tension ridden as it may be, adds to the show. I would much rather see him remain on this show then go to another one.

10. Andrew Love says:

So SICK TO DEATH of spoilers being in an article title. Can’t scan through Google News without being spoiled on your favorite shows anymore.

• KCC says:

I don’t get what was spoiled regarding the Blacklist. We know Liz and Tom were engaged. I wouldn’t call news of an episode with a POSSIBLE wedding a spoiler.

11. Pam says:

Tom is the only character who really matters. He has been hurt one too many times. Forget the rest of the show!

12. DDS521 says:

Would love to see Liz and Tom make it in Blacklist. Maybe start they’re own black ops org to root out bad guys with Red’s leadership

13. Debe LaMar says:

LOVED this stinkin episode! Big ideas for little tv. This is a smart well cast show that I can’t wait to see every week. No character like red on all of tv played to perfection by James spader. Gimme more! Gimme more! Liz and Tom hmmm where’s this going to go … How could they raise a child?