NCIS Ratings

Ratings: With The Voice in Clip Show Mode, NCIS Dominates Night

Opposite a Voice clip show, a perhaps pivotal episode of CBS’ NCIS this Tuesday drew 15.4 million total viewers and a 2.0 rating, matching its week-ago numbers to easily lead the night in both measures.

Leading out of that, New Orleans (12.2 mil/1.7) was down a tenth, while bubble drama Limitless (6.2 mil/1.1) dipped 7 percent and two tenths to tie series lows.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

NBC | Leading out of the Voice clip show (6.7 mil/1.3), Chicago Med (7.2 mil/1.5) slipped 17 and 16 percent. Chicago Fire (7.7 mil/1.6) dipped 11 percent and a tenth.

ABC | The Real O’Neals (3.7 mil/1.0) was steady, while Fresh Off the Boat (4.2 mil/1.1) and Agents of SHIELD (2.9 mil/0.9) each ticked down, with the latter tying series lows.

THE CW | Leading out of a Flash rerun, iZombie (1.08 mil/0.4) ticked down to series lows.

FOX | That American Idol special did 5.1 mil and a 1.3.

1. Boiler says:

And people still don’t think Castle should be renewed. If AoS was Castle SHOULD be a lock if Nathan and Stana back. New program director off to poor start.

• Julie says:

Yeah, I don’t follow Castle but if AoS managed to score a renewal with such terrible ratings you’d think Castle would be a sure thing. Same goes for Nashville – it doesn’t deliver the best ratings but at least they’re better than Shield’s numbers…

• kmw says:

Well some people may still believe that but in order for Castle to get renewed it needs it stars to sign on. It hasn’t helped Castle with the exec change but hopefully they can work things out and pretty soon at that

• grys03 says:

Yep based solely on ratings I agree – but AoS is more about ‘momentum’ of the Marvel brand, the movies, the merchandising etc. I actually enjoy the show & my wife who has zero comic book knowledge makes sure it’s at the top of the viewing list.

2. Caro says:

If CBS showed more than one Limitless episode every 3 weeks it might not be dropping QUITE so much :/

• BrightLight says:

Tell me about it. If I didn’t have a TV check in app on my phone showing me when the next episode is airing, I wouldn’t have even known it was on. Well I did see a promo during Y&R yesterday, so that gave me a warning as well.
      I’d love to know why they aired an episode last night (two weeks after they aired the last one) and then force viewers to wait TWO weeks before showing Part 1 of a two part finale? All CBS is showing next Tuesday is NCIS and NCIS: NO repeats.

• grys03 says:

Absolutely, one of the worst things that happens to ‘weekly’ & I use the word advisedly, is the disconnect that occurs with storylines being interrupted by weeks of down time & changes to show times. Some stories, even with the obligatory recaps suffer greatly from those breaks. The current story running in Limitless is particularly connected & has suffered.
      & it hasn’t helped that a lot of the fun has gone out of the show the Sands reveal, Brian’s employment pressures & his desperation to save loved one(s).
      Hope they fix that soon