Exclusive

Nashville Video: Juliette's Back! (But Avery Doesn't Share Our Excitement)

Dark chocolate. Watching your child take his or her first steps. Juliette Barnes’ homecoming.

What are: Things That Are Bittersweet?

Music City’s troubled diva makes her return in Wednesday’s Nashville (ABC, 10/9c), but Avery’s not exactly throwing a ticker tape parade in his ex-wife’s honor — though he’s definitely experiencing a bunch of of conflicting emotions in this exclusive sneak peek at the episode.

In the clip, Juliette comes looking for permission to spend more time with their daughter, Cadence. “I have done so much to overcome my addictions and my postpartum, and I’m so much better, I promise you,” she tells Avery.

He’s certainly moved… but will Mama Barnes be able to convince him that she’s the best person for their child to be around right now?

Press PLAY on the video above to see how the encounter ends, then hit the comments: Are you happy to have Juliette — and portrayer Hayden Panettiere — back?

1. beccasdream says:

maybe Avery just wants her to prove that she’s really a better person now!

2. shar says:

If they don’t get back together, I will be pissed. They belong together.

3. Wendy says:

With all the work she has done, he would be an a$$ not to let her have some contact with her child.

4. Carla Krae says:

Yeah, she has to prove she can be stable for a while before he increases visitation.

5. Randi Snyder says:

Really glad she is back. I just hope Avery doesn’t take her back..She has only and always hunt him. Keep her away from the baby.. I do believe she has changed, I just don’t trust her..

6. acurat says:

The scary thing about this is that Hayden Panettiere really did experience her storyline of PP depression, and she was written out of the story for half the season so she could get away from work and recover from it for her real family. I am sure she draws upon that experience in her acting but you have to hope she is recovered and not returning to work too soon and suffers a relapse. You would not want that for anyone.

7. Jazzmine says:

I’m happy to have her back. She deserves a second chance at her life. That girl is brave, smart and talented. She deserves a mature, caring man. I don’t think Avery ever really understood Juliette. He’s just a dumb, super-ordinary guy.

• Hope says:

I think he does get her, which is why he’s trying to get over her. He knows that work will always be her priority. He knows all she’s endured in her life, which is why he’s given her so many chances. I do think though that all the mistrust between them that happened when Juliette slept with Jeff Fordam could have been avoided if she wouldn’t have caught Avery being all sweet to Scarlett, saying he’d always love her, which is why Juliette went off and got drunk and hooked up with Jeff. Then it all went downhill :(