Outlander Coming Early — Via Starz's New Standalone Streaming Service

Can’t bear the wait ’til Outlander‘s official Season 2 premiere on April 9? Dinna fash!

Beginning today, Starz will be available as a standalone streaming service by which viewers can watch every episode of every season of the pay cabler’s original series without a cable subscription.

The $8.99-per-month app (available via any Apple device and through select Android supported devices) will also allow subscribers to stream the Season 2 premiere of Outlander beginning Thursday, April 7.

“Our programing will now be more widely available to the 20 million broadband only homes of cord nevers, cord cutters and cord shavers,” Starz CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement, “including Millennials and other underserved consumers who need other viable subscription service options.”

Viewers who already subscribe to Starz via a cable or satellite package can also authenticate and view Starz via the new app, which will also include programming from sister nets Starz Encore and Movieplex.

Will you be streaming Outlander early? Sound off in the comments!

1. Sami says:

“Viewers who already subscribe to Starz via a cable or satellite package can also authenticate and view Starz via the new app, which will also include programming from sister nets Starz Encore and Movieplex.” FALSE. i already tried. i get a message saying that i am not authorized to view content on the app.

2. Alichat says:

I wonder if this is the same app I already have on my iPhone? If so, I know what I am doing at 12:01am Thursday morning.

3. carol crawford says:

oh Yes I’ ll be watching EARLY !!!!

4. drhenning says:

I noticed that Comcast is not listed. I already access Starz on my ROKU without a problem along with Starz via the XFINITY App on all my mobile devices … So no real need ..

• Mel says:

I also use my roku however the episodes have all disappeared and have been replaced with 3 minute “extras”.

5. Definite early watcher here, was hoping not to have to wait until Saturday

6. Anne says:

I’d be more likely to subscribe through this model if it gave you access to the full season a la Netflix.

7. sls says:

Is this the Starz Play app or something else?

• Mel says:

I was watching through the starz play on my roku. Now the episodes have all disappeared and they’ve been replaced with a bunch of 3 minute extras.

8. Simon Jester says:

Meh. As a subscriber… I’m still happy to wait. It ain’t the Second Coming.

9. Sue Barey says:

Love the Outlander book series but I’m still watching tv via antenna. I wasn’t able to watch online… no provider, so I had to wait. Now it is possible! So excited!! Thank you Starz.

10. hilljn18 says:

So I already pay for Starz on Dish. I would have to pay $8.99/mo for the app?

11. Tee says:

The app works for me. It’s how I usually watch outlander, since I don’t have cable, but my best friend does and gave me her log in info.

12. Lisa Iwanyszyn says:

If I got the Starz add on Subscription with Amazon Prime will I be able to watch it on the 7th

13. OMG!!!! I already watched it!!!! So great!!!

14. Alexis says:

Thanks for this info! What time is ep 1 available? 12:01 a.m. is no longer 4/7.

15. Linda says:

I’m a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber. If you subscribe to Starz but are unable to access it via the Starz app, I found the premiere was available through the On Demand feature from Xfinity. It was glorious!

16. Mary says:

I am a subscriber to Starz, but only to her Outlander, the complete series. How can I do it, eliminating Starz TV
    What is the new app?