Grace and Frankie Season 2 Trailer: Hookups! Mic Drops! Defiled Melons!

Grace and Frankie is asking some tough, existential questions in Season 2.

But Martin Sheen’s indignant “Couldn’t we fight for the right to masturbate after lunch?” isn’t one of ’em.

Netflix on Tuesday released the Season 2 trailer for its Jane Fonda-Lily Tomlin comedy, and their characters’ unlikely friendship in the wake of their husbands’ romance continues to deepen — not that it prevents Frankie from describing Grace as looking like “a docent at a hairspray museum.”

Also on the docket? Sam Elliott’s arrival as a suitor for Fonda’s Grace. Some light stalking and a “meh” sexual encounter for Tomlin’s Frankie. And a police encounter that looks like it could easily end with an arrest for one or both of the ladies.

Press PLAY above for the full trailer — and check out the Season 2 poster below — then share your anticipation level in the comments!

Grace and Frankie Season 2 poster

1. Marcie says:

Yay, May 6. Can’t wait.

2. Joey says:

The “docent at a hairspray museum” line was priceless. But of course, most things that come out of Lily Tomlin’s mouth are.

3. dan says:

My wife loves this show and I tolerate it. Season one got better as it went by and I actually enjoyed the last couple episodes. My least favorite character is the husband played by Sheen (I can’t remember his name and I can never remember which is Frankie and which is Grace). I think Tomlin and the supporting characters (the adult kids) are the best part of the show. Fonda and Waterston are “meh” for me. I’m curious about season two and I know my wife is looking forward to it, so I guess I’ll be tuning in when it drops on Netflix.

• ChrisGa says:

I agree, Tomlin and the supporting cast are the best thing about the show. The other three leads are fine but I could take or leave any of the three.

4. Guilherme says:

Can’t wait, such a good show.

5. Falcon says:

Looks great! Can’t wait.

6. MMD says:

Can’t wait – it has been marked on my calendar since the date was first announced! Love this show!

7. John Davis says:

8. tvlover44 says:

i’m a lot younger than the main characters on this show, but i am so psyched for this show to return! i watched it through twice last year, and as the season went on it just got better and better. the actors all settled into their roles, and june diane raphael just about stole the show. i especially enjoy the show’s mix of over-the-top humor and pathos as well as the central relationship between grace & frankie. i’m looking forward to seeing sam elliott, another of my fav actors, as a new suitor for grace. he is still so hot…

9. Jackie Vaughan says:

I’m so looking forward to season 2 of grace and franky!!! I love this show!!! Good job netflix!!!

10. Brian says:

Cute show.

11. M.G.C. says:

Season one was viewed countless times. There is intriquite art life and humanity in every scene. It’s hilarious, heartbreaking and vibrant. Lily Tomlin has been a hero of mine for decades. Her ability to pluck one out of the mundane and tickle the heart’s funny bone relentlessly is unique to her style. She and Jane Fonda create magic paired up Un this new series. It’s high time for a show with all the qualities of being made like they used to. This one couples classic quality with the current world. That dynamic alone makes it funny. I’m a devoted fan. I’m hooked on Grace and Frankie.

12. Mary says:

I love this show.keep the episodes coming.!
    Thank you!

I wanted to watch more and more episodes.:-)

13. Mary says:

I love this show.keep the episodes coming.!
    Thank you!

I wanted to watch more and more episodes:-). I cant wait!!!!!!

Ps.Thanks Netflix

14. B J says:

I love this show..laugh out loud ,sometimes uncontrollaby…everyone in this is so funny, how they can keep straight faces and get through all the hilarious comments etc I will never know!!
    I really look forward to watching this show hope they continue to produce several more segments