Elton John Nashville ABC

Elton John to Appear on Nashville

Nashville better turn on those sad songs, because Sir Elton John is about to sit in.

The über-popular British singer/songwriter will appear in the May 18 episode, per The Hollywood Reporter. John, who will play himself, will perform in a scene with Sam Palladio’s Gunnar.

John is just the latest big-name act to show up in the ABC drama’s fictional Music City: Kesha, Kelsea Ballerini and Thomas Rhett are set to guest-star later this season, and the roster of acts who’ve appeared on the ABC drama since its start include Kelly Clarkson, Brad Paisley, Florida Georgia Line and Sara Evans.

Wonderful Crazy Night, John’s latest album, was produced by former Nashville executive music producer T-Bone Burnett (who is husband of Nashville creator Callie Khouri).

Are you looking forward to Sir Elton’s appearance? Tell us about it in the comments.

1. daviddavid says:

Loved him on Will & Grace!

2. Jackie says:

I wish they’d spend as much time writing better stories as they do on stunt casting that frankly, does nothing for the show and is pretty forgettable.

• muffinman says:

Agree! I love Elton John, but I doubt he’s going to be integral to the overall story. I wish they’d spend more time on the core characters. To be honest I haven’t even heard of half of their so-called ‘stunt castings’ before they showed up on Nashville…I just know that they show up for only 1 episode and take up valuable screen time.

3. Dwnise says:

My favorite pop artist singing with Sam P. This will be heaven! Cannot wait ! Hurry up May!!!!

4. Rosalind says:

I am delighted that Sir Elton John will make an appearance! Such an honor for San Palladio! This show is so life like & down to earth that I think his appearance will add the diversity to the show that mimics real life.

5. I guess Christina didn’t count as a guest-star? Or a big name act?

6. Spike says:

I am excited to read Elton John will be
    a guest on the show! Love Nashville!!!