Grey's Anatomy, Once, Castle and 17 Others Get Finale Dates at ABC

ABC is the third broadcaster to reveal their finale plan for the 2015-16 TV season, and it kicks off Thursday, May 12 with Scandal‘s Season 5 ender, while bubble drama Nashville‘s closer will close things out on May 25.

All told, ABC’s season-ending schedule thus looks like this. May Sweeps this year runs April 28 through May 25.

FRIDAY, APRIL 22
8 pm Last Man Standing
8:30 pm Dr. Ken

THURSDAY, MAY 12
9 pm Scandal (Title TBA)

SUNDAY, MAY 15
7 pm Once Upon a Time (two hours; “Only You”/”An Untold Story”)
9 pm The Family (“What Took So Long”)
Claire finally faces some major truths, time is running out for Nina, Hank has another fight on his hands and a phone call changes everything.
10 pm Quantico (Title TBA)
It’s graduation day for the NATS of Quantico, while in the future, Alex and her team find themselves head-to-head with the terrorist.

MONDAY, MAY 16
10 pm Castle (Title TBA)

TUESDAY, MAY 17
9 pm Agents of SHIELD (two hours; Title TBA)
It’s a showdown a season in the making as S.H.I.E.L.D. takes on Hive. With Hive’s master plan finally revealed, the team must spring into action. Who will live and who will die?

WEDNESDAY, MAY 18
8 pm The Middle (“The Show Must Go On”)
When Brick’s song is cut from his middle school graduation ceremony, Frankie goes on a mission to have it reinstated.
8:30 pm The Goldbergs (“Have a Summer”)
Adam and his friends stress out about Hell Week; Erica and her friends discuss what they are going to put in their school time capsule.
9 pm Modern Family (“Double Click”)
Claire can’t seem to find the right time to fire one of her employees, while back at home Phil thinks he caught Luke with a girl in his bed, and no one seems to notice that Alex has moved back home for the summer.
9:30 pm black-ish (“Good-ish Times”)
Dre dreams himself into an episode of the classic series from the 1970s with his whole family filling the roles of that classic sitcom.

THURSDAY, MAY 19
8 pm Grey’s Anatomy (Title TBA)
9 pm The Catch (two hours; Title TBA)

FRIDAY, MAY 20
9 pm Shark Tank

SUNDAY, MAY 22
7 pm America’s Funniest Home Videos

TUESDAY, MAY 24
8 pm Fresh Off the Boat (“Bring the Pain”)
Louis’ brother (Dr. Ken‘s Ken Jeong) comes to visit and has big news to share with the family.
8:30 pm The Real O’Neals (“The Real Prom”)
As the school prom approaches, Kenny tries to think of who the best guy would be to ask as his date.
9 pm Dancing With the Stars (two hours)

WEDNESDAY, MAY 25
10 pm Nashville (“Maybe You’ll Appreciate Me Someday”)
Rayna resorts to drastic measures when she learns that Maddie has crossed paths with a duplicitous figure from her past’ Juliette must choose how to publicly reckon with the truth of Jeff Fordham’s death; Scarlett and Gunnar consider parting ways; Will finally decides to do what he should have done long ago.

1. Zzz says:

After seeing the last SP of Castle, I hope this will be the serie finale. This is embarrassing to watch.

• Kevin K says:

Don’t know what ABC is going to do on whether or not Castle is going to survive for at least “one more season” until the very end but the execs will make a decision before the upfronts next month.

• Plecodave says:

I agree Zzz,it’s sad because episode 15 was a strong one. Now we have more dumbing up of Beckett’s character. More frat boy humor. These Showrunners refuse to portray them as a happily married couple. I’m afraid that this show has seen it’s better days. I only watch now to see how low these Showrunners will take us. Episode 22 can’t come fast enough. Give me my DvD’s of season 1-7 and let’s call it a day.

• annek says:

When u watch past seasons of Castle as i am, to wipe S8 from my memory, you realize just how far this show has fallen. The SP proves they have no idea how to write for a mature, loving couple anymore.

• John Z says:

Castle just needs to end this season. What was smart fun, is now idiotic fun (not really). Was my favorite show bar none, now it is cringe worthy.

• Tanesha says:

That’s because your not a fan. If you were ever one, you’d know that there’s still more to come and it will be great.

2. cyrax86 says:

21 episodes only for Scandal & Nashville?

• NM says:

That’s correct. Not sure why ABC decided to do that.
      In regards to Scandal, Shonda may have requested an episode short to focus on other projects. She’s done it with Grey’s Anatomy (e.g. season 7) by requesting a shorter season in the past.

3. Beth says:

Still no word on the season 2 of Secrets & Lies premiere? Maybe I missed the announcement or something..

4. Just one thing says:

I feel like this is the first season in a few years where Castle doesn’t help lead into ABC’s Upfronts.

5. JosiahBartlet4President says:

The way things are going, I have no faith that Castle will end well– meaning both that the finale will disappoint and that I have no hope that it will get renewed.

• David4 says:

The show has been a disappointment for years and I finally gave up late last season. From what I have seen, the promos, and what I have read I’m not missing anything.

• pablo says:

This season has been pretty enjoyable–not the fun of previous years, but I think you should check out 1 or 2 shows.

6. Will says:

I hope that airing of DWTS will bring up the ratings of Fresh Off The Boat and The Real O’Neals!

7. TvLover says:

I’m not as psyched for the Castle finale this season as I have been in the past.
    But at least I’ll still have the comedies to look forward to!

8. Eric7740 says:

So OUAT will start at 6 instead of 7??? When was the last time that happened???

9. Bob says:

Wonder if there gonna end castle with a cliffhanger AH made it sound like it

10. TvLover says:

I meant that I’m looking forward to the ABC Wednesday comedies.
    Although, I am finding Castle’s writing and direction this season to be just a really bad joke.

11. diane howard says:

Why you taking off some good programs ,to but on.

12. John NYC says:

I’m still enjoying Castle more than any number of shows I’ve already dropped off my DVR record list this year.

Still enjoying the characters, while an equally once enjoyable show, Bones, is very much on the bubble as to whether I’ll bother continuing….

• pablo says:

John NYC, you’re right!

• Susan Smith says:

Castle isn’t anywhere close to the show it was. LockStat and Castle GDS ruined the show.Sad.Bad Ass Beckett back at the Academy was the best show of the season. The audience seems to have moved on. I’m hoping season 9 will go back to Castle and Caskett however I’m not holding my breathe.

• kmw says:

I hope you don’t because at least Bones doesn’t treat their couple like crap and ruin both characters in the process but to each his own. I hope Castle can keep the momentum of past few episodes and hopefully end for good their “fun” story arc

13. Carol Fant says:

This makes me sick!!! My husband and I have been watching Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and Nashville for years, it’s a big part of our week. We look forward to these shows at the end of a hard day. This is so sad…I’m going to just shut the TV OFF…nothing is going to take the place of our most loved shows!!!!

14. madhatter360 says:

Has Sweeps always been a month long? I could have sworn the period was sweeps week…

15. pablo says:

Still enjoy Castle, (not last season, though) and would happily watch another year. The family, work relations, relationship storylines are great after a long day–and I enjoy the humor. I do agree w/ comment below that seasons 1-7 were the best, but I vote for one more season!

• Dr. Enie says:

I have enjoyed the season , however the changes are not what I expected this season. ABC hasn’t helped by pulling off Castle on Monday nights. I have watched since the beginning and would hope for at least one more season. The “creeps” who have made snide remarks should invest in some other venues😛Dr. Enie

16. Boiler says:

Funny all the people picking on Castle but it draws more viewers, meaning more popular, than a few already renewed shows at ABC. Logic would say it should be around if Nathan and Stana return. Of course when do Castle commenters use logic

17. Jgathright says:

I loved watching Castle and Bones because of the way they handled the couples on those shows. I kinda understand why Bones going away, but I thought there was more that Caskett could explore. But what was I thinking! These writers have a clue how a married couple are supposed to act like. I guess if the show doesn’t have blood, violence and couples acting a fool the show is not any good. My wife and I have been married for 36 years and we have never have seen a married people act this way.

18. Omega13 says:

I hope Castle and Beckett will FINALLY solve the “mystery” of lockset. Solve it, move the hell on! What a tiresome story arc, worse than Castle loses his memoriy, then it turns out he had them removed. Weak and lame.

I really thought Season 7 would be the end, especially with the group sitting around the table like that. Maybe Season 8?

I like the show. Well, I like the premise. I like the chemistry. But the overall story arc is old and trite.

19. acurat says:

Castle may get renewed as its finally is counted in sweeps – it will depend on its final ratings. I think Nashville is done as its finale is after the sweeps period so I believe ABC is probably writing that one off now. They both may be canceled, but I think we can anticipate Nashville will be one of them already.

20. I really love Castle the show. I watch the older seasons on TNT and the new show on Monday evening. This has been the worst season. The show writers have not done a very good job with the show this year and all I have heard and read is how great it was going to be. I have not missed a show. no matter how bad they have been. Please get some new writers. There is so much to write about. Please do not cancel the show they need to have a baby. I LOVE THIS SHOW CASTLE. CASTLE AND BECKETT ARE THE BEST COUPLE ON TV.

21. mary bryan says:

Castle was good and fun to watch last night. without the stupid breakup stuff

22. Margaret Hamm says:

Hope Nashville comes back. It is the only show like it on TV. It has a following. I know quite a few who watch it.

23. M L Schultz says:

Don’t let Nashville go. Not a lot of shows to watch anymore. I do not do reality shows. They are stupid. Why should we watch someone else live better than most of us or some stupid people fighting all the time.

24. Hfc says:

I really do not understand why your cancelling Castle. This show is great your going to loose me on Monday nights.