Best TV Quotes

Quotes of the Week: Supergirl, Once, Chicago Fire, Lucifer, B99 and More

This particular Sunday is a busy one for TV lovers: The 2016 baseball season has launched. The Academy of Country Music is hosting its 51st annual awards ceremony. And, in a few short hours, The Walking Dead will (possibly) be losing a castmate, courtesy of big, bad Negan.

But before all of those small-screen events take place, why not look back on TV’s most memorable dialogue from the past seven days?

This time around, our Quotes of the Week gallery includes Mama Smoak’s best Arrow moments, an ominous Ted Cruz confession on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, a sexy letdown on Lucifer and a triple dose of Supergirl‘s crossover with The Flash.

Check out the gallery below – or click here for direct access — then hit the comments and tell us if we missed any of your faves!

1. Stephanie says:

My favorite quote of the week was “yes!” when Barry brought everyone ice cream. That whole scene was so much fun, we played it over and over and over….

• Nichole says:

That was great. I also enjoyed James’ death stare when Winn was saying how much he liked Barry, but I guess a dirty look doesn’t count as a quote.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

Yeah, that was good. They could’ve quoted half the ep. I kinda always want the Flash hanging out in National City.
      (Although I kinda wonder how he *got* the ice creams so fast. Soft-serve dispensers don’t much care about superspeed… did he snatch them out of the hands of unsuspecting customers in line, leaving a few dollars that may not even be the right currency on an alternate Earth?)

• Phoenix5634 says:

Haha yeah that whole crossover, we could quote like the whole episode almost, so many good lines and fun interactions lol

2. bluji says:

Love the bonus quote picked from Once Upon a Time – got a good chuckle from it when I was watching the episode :P

3. Sheila says:

I liked on The Magicians when Julia said, “I’m not going anywhere…this is my apartment.” and everyone in the scene cracked up.

• Wordsmith says:

There was plenty of quotable material on Magicians this week. A lot of the exchanges while they had their emotions bottled were pretty priceless too.

4. Kevin K says:

I couldn’t stop laughing during last week’s Supergirl episode with The Flash.

5. DarkDefender says:

Finally some Lucifer!
    Now get us some scoop. ;)

6. lrdslvrhnd says:

I was kind of expecting “You’ll find that miracles abound on this old time ship.” from Captain Rip “Former TARDIS traveler” Hunter.

7. Gary Bolton says:

I wished I could have heard the actor’s during the SuperGirl episode instead of the commentary of the writers and producers

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

You accidentally have Audio Description (AD) – a service for the blind – set to “ON” on your TV.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

I’ve had friends complain about that, just one particular show (or ep thereof), and several from the same area get that. Other channels are fine, other shows on the channel are fine, usually last week’s ep was fine and next week’s ep will be fine… it’s just that one particular ep assumes people are blind. So sometimes stuff apparently just gets broadcast that way, as far as I can tell.

8. Phun says:

So many great quotes from Supergirl. Just wanted to add:
    Flash (near the end, when he and Supergirl get ready to battle Livewire and Banshee): “What do you say we step away from the nice lady and settle this like women?” Love Supergirl’s expression of “Huh..” and then he goes “What? There’s more of you guys here than me!” Makes me chuckle every time I’ve seen that scene. :)

9. Anna says:

The Punisher is such a great addition to Daredevil this season. I freaking love scenes between him and Matt, especially as their differences and similarities become more and more pronounced.

10. mArS says: