Supergirl The Flash

Was Flash Blabby on Supergirl? Does The Catch Have Hair Issues? Does New P.D. Pair Get Your Vote? And More Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Supergirl, Nashville, Empire and Chicago P.D.!

1 | If going back to the catacombs is too taxing for Sleepy Hollow‘s Abbie, couldn’t, y’know, Ichabod go alone?The Walking Dead

2 | Grimm fans: Are you #TeamNadalind or #TeamRenardalind?

3 | As showcased in the Walking Dead promos, isn’t Negan’s barbed wire-wrapped baseball bat (aka “Lucille”) rather pristine, if he regularly bashes in heads with it? Or is he known to fastidiously clean it with a toothpick?

4 | Any Good Wife fans calling B.S. on Jason not immediately texting Alicia about his tense run-in with Peter? And does anyone care if Peter’s indicted?

5 | Quantico‘s NATs bounced back rather quickly from that bloody terrorist attack on the school, didn’t they?

6 | During Girls, were you surprised Marnie’s dealings with the cocaine-buying rich guy didn’t end much worse than they actually did? And for residents of/visitors to New York City: Are we buying Marnie walking home barefoot through the grimy streets of Brooklyn?

7 | To paraphrase TVLine reader Tenney: When Once Upon a Time‘s Liam came clean about ripping out the storybook pages, why didn’t he then promptly share that he had lobbed them into the well?

| Gotham‘s Elijah Van Dahl never wondered why his “heart pills” tasted like peppermint drops? And would the Fox drama be markedly more interesting if its corrupt characters (e.g. the Blackgate warden) were even a smidgen subtle?

Castle Spinoff| What if this is the Castle spinoff?

10 | Did you spend most of Monday’s Crazy Ex-Girlfriend waiting for something awful to happen to that wedding dress?

11 | Fosters fans, did you facepalm when Brandon’s girlfriend said she never took her estranged (and angry!) husband off their bank account?

12 | We know he was on another Earth during the Supergirl visit, but maybe Barry should have been a tad hesitant about revealing his identity to the government-run D.E.O.? Elsewhere, Livewire proves to be a mighty foe for Supergirl and The Flash, but then is easily taken out by a fireman’s hose?

13 | If our 11.22.63 memory serves us correctly, hadn’t Sadie visited Jake’s house, back when she discovered his Lee Harvey Oswald surveillance tapes? Why couldn’t she have reminded Jake where he used to live?

14 | Didn’t The Flash‘s20Qs-time-wraith time wraith remind you of something that would appear on Supernatural, not the superhero series? (Where are salt bullets when you need ’em?) And what impact did the time-traveling events of this week’s episode have on the current timeline, aside from Hartley becoming an ally? Does it mean that Wells was under the impression all last season that he won? Anyone else suddenly have a headache?

15 | As excellent as this season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been, are you hoping for Jason Mantzoukas’ plotline to wrap up soon?

16 | If the board of directors on Empire was truly terrified into inaction by Lucious’ henchmen, why did each member suddenly do an about face and enthusiastically applaud Hakeem jumping up on the conference room table and declaring himself the heir apparent?

17 | In an Arrow world where paralysis is healed by next-gen, non-FDA approved tech, why is Malcolm still sporting a stump in a sling? (Should he borrow Old Man Oliver’s robotic hand, or Phil Coulson’s? Flag down the Waverider?)

18 | Anyone have a count of how many times Supernatural‘s Dean and Sam have died? And why didn’t the reaper Billie put up more of a fight to keep Dean on the other side?

19 | Why hasn’t Nashville‘s Will gone back to Rayna, who once offered him a record deal, now that he’s seeking a new label? And do you subscribe to the popular theory that Frank torched Vita’s car?

20 | We all saw Chicago P.D.‘s Burgess/Roman coupling coming, but did we like it? And did that sexy Lindsay/Halstead scene sate your appetite, ‘shippers?

Grey's Anatomy21 | Grey’s Anatomy, are you telling us that Mer’s runaway beau Will did not have time to fetch his shoes or grab his shirt, but he did have time to perfectly fasten his belt?

22 | Big Bang Theory viewer Sheri Reid asks, “If Sheldon doesn’t drive and hates to take a bus, how in the world has he been taking all of his stuff to a storage unit that no one else knows about?”

23 | On Shades of Blue, did Cristina’s reaction to getting sent to live with her aunt seem a little extreme when you consider PATH train fare to Jersey City runs 24 hours a day and only costs $2.75 for a one-way fare? Also: Harlee snapping Miguel’s neck with her thighs as he prepared to sexually assault her: Gruesome, poetic, Bond villainess-esque, or all three?20qs-catch-hair

24 | Can we talk about The Catch’s lack of continuity with Peter Krause’s hair/shirt collar in three consecutive scenes?

25 | What in the world possesses the woman in the ad for prescription vaccine Prevnar 13 to inspect and purchase a single, solitary strawberry at her local market? (Doesn’t she know you can’t eat just one?)

26 | Is Alison Brie giving anyone else a Kristen Wiig vibe in her new Apple TV spot?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. 11.22.63: Sadie visited his local house, not the one he shared with Bill.

2. Lola says:

On LoT: did it surprise you how easy it was to infiltrate Ra’s al Ghul’s cavern place? And could Jax really take out a highly trained assassin with one punch?

3. Rjh6388 says:

I’d like to add after watching Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash & Arrow it appears that they use the same apartment for a lot of people. Diggle, Patty, Curtis and most recently Ray, Kendra & Sara.

• Bwhit says:

I think the room Sara was sleeping in when Rip found her in Nanda Parbat, was the same room they used in THAT Felicity/Oliver scene last year too. I kind of like the common threads with all three shows :)

4. Tim says:

Stop trying to make a Castle spin off happen tvline, it’s not going to happen.

Castle is barely getting renewed as it is.

You guys deliberately asked Paul Lee abt a “spin off” to get drama filled scoop and he made no confirmation, just said they have ideas abt how to keep Castle going. It could be anything fresh and not a spin off at all. He isn’t even in charge anymore, so we don’t know what the ABC is thinking about castle.

To add fuel to the fire and since you guys want to substantiate that a spin off is happening, you have presented three “amazing” ideas of your own so far, A GDS one, A Beckett academy one and now this ridiculousness. Just shows you guys are making stuff up out of thin air. Stop. It’s not professional.

I’m sure this comment will be deleted on 3….2….1

• Mo says:

I was so glad they included this I have been trying to remember what show this ATT commercial actor was from-thankyou tvline so I don’t have that experience any longer when the commercial runs.

Tim-reading too much into this much????

• Sarah says:

Chill, Tim, it’s a joke.

• Boiler says:

Tim, I don’t read minds but I think the Castle “spin off” they were referring to is the renewal of Castle itself. Perhaps it will be “lucky” to get renewed but it is performing better than shows they have renewed so, logically it makes no sense not to renew it unless Stana or Nathan don’t want to come back. Also totally agree on comment on TBBT, Brooklyn99 and comments on Nashville

5. Luke says:

14. It’s not that hard to believe that H. Wells was sure he would win even after this week’s episode when one remembers how smug and confident he was even though he was locked in the pipeline cell and for all intents and purposes he seemed defeated; and the only time he showed surprise was when they pointed out a flaw in his time ship design (something that Barry said nothing about this week);

Even so I wouldn’t be surprised if the writers decide to make some changes
    (that are not apparent right now) to the timeline next season
    and just say they were caused by Barry’s latest time travel;

• Azerty says:

To be fair he WAS going to win. Just before Eddie killed himself, the team released the Reverse Flash and he was about to go back in his own time. Without having killed Barry yes but his ultimate goal was fulfill I guess.

6. Denise says:

12. This is why I don’t watch supergirl, it frustrates me. It has so much potential! Everything is always tied up nice and tidy when the episode over..villain defeated! Always the same formula, at first Kara is not prepared to take down the villain then she does it….Law and Order with supeheroes!
    15. I am tired of the pimento person on B99…I dread watching the show these days!

7. Mrmank says:

24) I’m a huge believer in continuity on set, and shake my head sometimes at the things that get missed all the time. First film I ever shot as an actor, I shot a scene in a white dress shirt. I did one take with one button open, and would’ve done another with two open, if the makeup girl hadn’t caught it. And that was NOTHING, and still I was all, “I’ve ruined the whole scene!!!”

• TVPeong says:

Things like that really catapult me from the scene

• Kim R says:

In the movie Ever After, in the scene where Henry goes to get Danielle from the man she had been sold to, there is some terrible hair continuity! haha Every time continuity is discussed it is the first thing that comes to my mind. Danielle’s hair placement. :D

8. Laura says:

15 – Yes! The character is so one-note. It worked fine for one episode, but after that it just started dragging.

9. Mike says:

19. Frank definitely torched the car and by the end of the episode you can see how troubled he is. But why? I could see him trashing something of Deacon’s. You can see the envy. But why did he jump to accuse Vita and then push the issue…you have to wonder.

10. lrdslvrhnd says:

9) Hey, if it gets him off Castle (and Tori back) I’m up for it. I won’t watch it, but I’m up for it!
    12) Eh, what does he care if the government starts sniffing around his alter-ego? What gets me about the DEO is how many guests walk around unescorted. Seriously, secret government facility housing alien (and human) prisoners, and Siobhan can just wander off to peek in on Livewire in captivity? Also, the firehose makes sense; using water is a time-honored method of taking out electrical villains in comics. Bit coincidental though that Silver Banshee got shorted out as well, and nobody else around…
    14) I was too busy being amused by “Holy Harry Potter!” considering how much Hartley looks like he could be cosplaying as Harry to think about Supernatural. Also, I refuse to think about time travel repercussions and ramifications because they don’t make an Excedrin big enough for that headache.
    22) Uber.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

(Although admittedly, it’s hard to imagine Sheldon getting into a stranger’s car… and even harder to imagine he’d make it all the way to the end destination without getting thrown out. He’d actually probably be more comfortable with a traditional taxi, other than the “smelly foreigner” trope.)

• Aubrey says:

Uber hasn’t been around long enough. I think he takes a taxi

11. Rachel says:

14 – wasn’t there a wraith of some kind on Sleepy Hollow this season? It seemed so out of place on The Flash.

12. Lu says:

#15- No way! Jason Mantzoukas has been hilarious on Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

13. Phun says:

12) Wonderful to see our REAL life heroes, our first responders, come to the rescue of our REEL-life superheroes. They risk their lives everyday to save ours and I just loved seeing them take down Livewire and Silver Banshee in the end.

• Weezy says:

You do realize you were watching a TV show right?

• Phun says:

No, really????? SMH……. . I guess you didn’t get it that they showed our real life heroes were the ones who saved the day in the end!!!!!

• Lauren says:

I think their issue wasn’t “real life heroes” saving the day but how EASY it was.

• Phun says:

Of course it looked easy because Banshee and Livewire were distracted by the people in the park. I guess the same goes for a shoplifter making a easy getaway when there are more people in the store keeping the store clerk busy.

14. JC1 says:

2) Can I be TeamAdalindGoAway?

15. A says:

Is it just me that finds Major Dr. Will (Mer’s new beau in Grey’s Anatomy) creepy. He started flirting with Mer which came out a bit creepy, the kept on calling & texting her again & again, when that didn’t work I guess he asked Callie about Mer & then he just came to Grey+Sloan & sat outside till she came out of the hospital, like thats pretty creepy stalkery . He is McCreepy/McStalker. I hope Mer dumps him sooner. I would like to see more of Nathan & Mer together, I’m ok if its slow romantic development. :)

16. MBF says:

15.) YES! But to be fair I was ready for it to be over before it started.

17. GaryB says:

12. Not only did Barry go for the full frontal, Supergirl said “My sister has a lab over here” Which if they didn’t know before, now pretty much every DeO agent now knows that Alex is Supergirl’s sister which is only one synapse fire away.

• Blah says:

Lucy knows that Kara is Supergirl. So at this point it would be logical to assume the whole DEO knows

• A says:

I haven’t seen all of Supergirl only the first 2 eps and the crossover but I’m pretty sure that the guy in charge at the DEO (sorry don’t remember his name) calls Kara by her name in the beginning so the DEO does know her identity

• Luis says:

Henshaw/J’Onn was calling Supergirl Miss Danvers in the DEO in the second episode.

18. Simon says:

15. Yes Yes a million times Yes.

19. Dr. Bombay says:

19. Any bets that Frank is also Vita’s father?

20. Bwhit says:

20) I don’t like a Roman/Burgess pairing in the least. If this is a ploy to show Adam he should get his stuff together or he’s going to lose her, they should have gotten a guest star for 2-3 episodes and not chosen her partner. The Jay/Erin scene before the hook up was what I liked, it was them catching up and talking about the day. They really are no drama together and I like it.

• YuRi says:

I could not agree more! Hate the Roman/Burgess pairing. Also, it kinda makes me dislike Roman because it felt like he was basically egging Burgess on to dump Adam, and now she’s hot for him? BLEH. I know chemistry is always a some people see it, some people don’t, but again, for me, I don’t see any spark between Roman and Burgess, not like Kim and Adam.

So no, DID NOT LIKE. I really hope it’s over in a few eps or sooner.

• Bwhit says:

Preach! They have have also done a 180 on Adam’s character. Was he always a little rough around the edges? Yeah, but then they decide to throw in another failed relationship with a fiancé we didn’t know about and also turned him in to a jealous jerk. Last season when Kim got shot, they really built a great relationship
        with those two and now both of them
        are not acting like the couple I rooted for. I don’t really feel bad for Kim because, she was listening to Roman and putting Adam through these little tests instead of having an adult conversation about the wedding. The Roman thing is just off in so many ways but the biggest, as you mentioned, is NO chemistry in my opinion.

• BM says:

Count me in as someone who doesn’t like the Roman/Burgess relationship. Mostly though because between Fire and PD it seems as if everybody is sleeping with everybody. I like if the relationships happen in the background, like Casey and Dawson, Lindsay and Halstead (loving the latter, also because it was sort of a relationship in the making from the start) but I don’t care for the “relationship musical chairs” they’re playing otherwise.

• Staci says:

This! I feel like people have forgotten how many unnecessary, rude comments Roman made to Kim about her relationship with Adam.

21. Whatevah says:

#5 I said the exact same thing!! They were all out & about that night. Wouldn’t they have been held and questioned and the school a crime scene?

22. Kim R says:

4. The Good Wife – I think Jason had to process it and I kind of hope Peter is indicted. A full circle moment would be Peter giving THE press conference and Alicia not there, no longer having to be “the good wife”.
    14. The Flash – the wraith was horrifying. The timeline…..I can’t even.
    22. TBBT – Uber.
    23 & 24 – couldn’t read the Q’s because we haven’t watched this week’s episodes yet. :)

23. George H. says:

13: He was trying to find the house in Dallas, not the one in Jodie.

24. borkak says:

#25 – The premise of the ad that if doing one healthy thing, i.e. one sit-up, eating one single vegetable, or eating one strawberry, would definitely keep you healthier you would do it because it’s easy. Therefore you should get Prevnar 13 vaccine because it’s one thing that will keep you healthier by preventing pneumococcal pneumonia and invasive disease caused by 13 Streptococcus pneumonia strains . So the ad shows a woman buying one strawberry to eat. The ad is shown quite often.

25. Phoenix5634 says:

3 – Negan likes to keep her “beautiful”, just wait til he gives her a “make over”
    14 – Wells/Eobard definitely knows, or knows enough to be curious and figure it out. Barry called him Thawne, so he knows Barry knows his lineage. And the fact that Barry is there, means Eobard lost. So he’s going to change his plans. I wonder if the time wraith noticed him. I went into more detail in the episode recap.
    17 – Malcolm should definitely flag down the waverider lol
    18 – reapers on Supernatural don’t take you until your fully dead, and even then you can kind of choose to avoid them. Which is how they’re ghosts exist, they stay behind for unfinished business on like an earthy limbo and slowly go mad. There’s been past examples, Bobby specifically.

26. jerrired says:

15. I guess I’m in the minority but I really like him on the show. I didn’t expect to, but he grew on me and I really enjoy his weird, but oddly perfect, relationship with Rosa. I also like the twist from this week’s episode and can’t wait to see where the go with it, while still keeping the comedy.

27. Gordon Rick says:

Did Supergirl announce to everyone in the DEO that Alex is her sister? “My sisters lab is right over here!”

• bucccaneer says:

Don’t they know already anyway? I mean, Hank was calling her “Ms. Danvers” way more often than he was calling her “Supergirl”.

28. Alycia says:

24. Even though you can’t eat just one (but you can), I know of no store that will just sell you one.

29. 25 – That has been bugging me too. And the dude grilling one stalk of asparagus that looks oddly fake for something that is actually floppy when grilled.

But in my mind I can hear the strawberry say ‘I’m free! I’m the best one out of all of you.’ because it had full leaves around the stem. Of course that doesn’t make sense if the woman could have bought a whole basket of them. And how much does one tiny strawberry cost anyway?

30. Jared says:

The continuity is the least of The Catch’s problems…

• Mike M says:

No, I’d say continuity is in fact The Catch’s biggest problem… it won’t be continuing past episode 3 or 4 lol.

31. Amanda says:

Sheldon can take a cab, or nowadays, an uber to get there.

32. Tom says:

18 | Anyone have a count of how many times Supernatural‘s Dean and Sam have died? And why didn’t the reaper Billie put up more of a fight to keep Dean on the other side?
    ~
    Also, if they can come back, why can’t Jo and Charlie? The world needs more Charlie and Jo.
    ~
    22 | Big Bang Theory viewer Sheri Reid asks, “If Sheldon doesn’t drive and hates to take a bus, how in the world has he been taking all of his stuff to a storage unit that no one else knows about?”
    ~
    That thought crossed my mind too.

33. Annie says:

10. Yes, and that´s what I love about that show, it´s very unpredictable
    15. no, I love Adrian Pimento
    22. Taxi/Uber

34. Chicago Dan says:

2. What about Meisalind???!!! Claire Coffee has certainly taken a throwaway, one-note role and made Alalind far more interesting than I ever imagined could happen with that character. BTW – Did they drop her ‘returning to law’ story?

17. I was just thinking about Malcolm’s stump after watching the last episode. Makes no sense at all knowing Malcolm.

35. Ange says:

22. Uber

36. #4 Nope. No one, including Alicia, cares if Peter’s indicted.

37. 11.Yes.I knew as as soon as Brandon got the money& Court was kicked out,he’d give it to her.
    19 I thought the same thing”will should sign with Rayna at HWY 65

38. Sandy Scott says:

So anyone else see ‘The Flash go through to Earth 1 and think hmmm SLIDERS.. he could go to the wrong universe???

39. Meri says:

Extra question…Why is at as soon as Scott Grimes showed up on SVU I knew exactly who the rapist would be?

40. mooshki says:

#2: I’m going to take the pairing that isn’t a rapist and her victim, thanks.

41. Alichat says:

2 – I’m Team #DontGiveACrapAboutAdalind.
    5 – It was wrapped up awfully quick as well. No interviews with everyone? No concern about how they handled it? Just right back to class. It was like it was a test or simulation.
    12 – I wonder if he looks for Kara when he gets back.
    14 – That wraith looked like a mummified Barry. And they really did brush all the time travel aside. What else was changed? I mean Barry was pretty sloppy.
    21 – I thought he was in the middle of getting dressed when she woke up and freaked out.

42. lkh says:

24–collars and hair are the least of their problems. Bad script, predictable stories and really bad casting. Too bad, I like the idea, really like those kind of themes. oh well

43. Maxsmpm says:

I care about Peter and have always hoped for Alicia/Peter endgame. As much as I love JDM, I feel like the Jason/Alicia hookup was too planned. This is where Kalinda is missed, Kalinda and Jason would have been hot.

44. kirads09 says:

2) #TeamRenardalind and I think it would more interesting if there were an Eve/Nick hookup/reunion of sorts. Could never buy Nick and Adalind together – in love. No chemistry there.

13) I wondered that exact same thing. But weren’t there 2 places he had? One in Jodie and one in Dallas (with poor Bill) ? Did she visit both? I may be confused as the show has so many twists and blows my mind.

23) All I can say is it was an awesome way for that story to end. Can’t wait to see where they go with it next season. Can’t say I am sorry Miguel is gone.

8) But see, that is what I love about Gotham. It is based on comic books. Nothing or no one is subtle – everything is crazy bananas over the top. I think that is absolutely intentional on their part.

45. Dj says:

12. Really every chance he got he was taking his mask off telling every his name.
    18. Dean was brought back by non supernatural means so I dont think she could put up a fight then.

46. Tara says:

#20 Loved the linstead scene on Chicago PD. One of my absolute favorites. Hopefully we get more before the season ends.

47. They forced CW to honor a contract that was signed only if CW picked up the show then they started harrassing Tom Welling. So don’t even think about complaining about his preformance!!!!!

48. Marco says:

2. How about Team Nenard?-_^
    4. Not really. And nope, not at all.
    5. One of the signs Quantico is becoming the new Pretty Little Liars.
    7. Well, the main reason people in fiction do stupid things: so that the plot can continue!
    9. Cancelled after two months?
    12. Maybe he did it because he knew he wasn’t going to be in EarthWhatever long…
    20. Not really. I actually thought he and Sylvie would’ve been a better fit, or hell, even have him date a male character. I like Burgess, but they don’t feel right together.
    24: It’s a Shondaland show. Those scenes were most likely before or after sex scenes. XD

49. Aline says:

I did NOT think that Frankie could be the one who torched Vita’s car!! I instantly thought it was “the bad guys” she mentioned earlier!

50. Jason says:

2) I much prefer Nick and Adalind. Atleast there is affection there (despite the mutual lies). Renard only sees Adalind as a means to an end. He’s done nothing but use her for the entire series.
    4) Jason isn’t really the sort of guy to immediately run crying to Alicia. It would certainly decrease his cool factor to make a big deal out of it. That man’s man swagger is one of the things that sets him apart from his other male co-stars, (and makes the ladies hot and bothered).
    17) Malcolm would have to be aware of such a possibility first. And given that the Waverider is from the distant future, that tech may be a long way off. He could get a robo hand but as far as I know, he doesn’t have his own Curtis type tech genius secreted away somewhere.