Sleepy Hollow Joe Corbin Dead

Sleepy Hollow Star Confirms Series Exit

Warning: This post contains a major spoiler for Friday’s Sleepy Hollow.

The member of the Sleepy Hollow ensemble who appeared to have died in Friday’s episode really did, says the actor who played him: Joe Corbin is no longer of this world, and portrayer Zach Appelman is no longer with the Fox supernatural drama.

UPDATE: Late Friday, a Fox rep told TVLine that Episode 17 is not Appelman’s last episode of the season, implying he will appear in some form in next week’s finale.

The actor confirmed his departure from the series with a tweet after the East Coast airing:

Young Corbin’s exit came after The Hidden One transformed him back into a wendigo, creating a situation in which Jenny was forced to shoot her boyfriend in the chest in order to save her father’s life.

After a well-received guest appearance as August Corbin’s son in Season 2 — aided by Appelman’s resemblance to Clancy Brown, who played his TV dad August Corbin — the actor was promoted to series regular in advance of Season 3.

Sleepy Hollow‘s season finale airs next Friday at 8/7c.

1. jerzygirl45 says:

That’s too bad. I liked Jenny and Joe together, and I enjoyed Zach’s performance.

2. A. D. says:

Good…bring back Hawley!

3. Kyla says:

No!!!!! The best perfect couple in Sleepy Hollow after Ichabbie now dead. I though Zach will stay remain until the end! Then bring back our Hawley!

4. Angela says:

That’s so sad! I liked him!

5. mamawalrus says:

Was he the blind item?

6. Alichat says:

Ugh….Someone needs to tell the Sleep Hollow team that this is a awful April Fool’s joke. I liked Joe. Whose terrible decision was it to get rid of the one male character I liked who is not portrayed by Tom Mison, and leave us strapped with FBI dude and more Betsy Ross? Are they trying to get of all the viewers?

7. Pamela says:

Why would the show let him go, or did he want out?! This stinks :(

8. Stacy says:

Thank goodness! I’m sorry, but his character was not a good addition and the actor was no good. I would take Hawley any day over him. No chemistry and horrible acting skills. Every time he would talk it would take me out of the storyline because I would be so distracted by how he seemed to be like a high school student in his first acting class. Hoping this move isn’t too little too late for SH. Moving out of Wilmington was also a huge mistake. The whole vibe this season has been off.

9. Denver says:

So……let me get this straight. Spoilers

1. Joe is dead
    2. Betsy is alive and throwing shade at Abby ( seen it before with Katrina)
    3. Next week Abby will be stuck in the box or killed…enter Sofie
    4. The coolest moment was Ezra
    5. Pandora has managed to get her power back
    6. The horseman will return
    7. No chance for Icabbie due to Danny
    8. We have seen all this before concerning Betsy’s return when Katrina returned….we all know what happened in that scenario.
    9. This show was getting better…but obviously the actors have had enough and are jumping ship. I told everyone in ealier post that the reason Sofie was introduced was to replace Abbie. Or a Jenny Icabod scenario will grow. We shall see?

• be a bit of a hard sell to replace one of the foretold witness’s from the book of revelation, lippity snick….sometimes shows need death to give it depth….

i thought Jennys acting in this episode was awful to be fair, when she hid from the hidden ones storm, and when she shot him, it just seemed so fake.

its weird because iv seen her show real emotion in the show before, and yed think with him leaving shed be able to use that, but nut…

• Marybeth says:

Is like seeing season 2 all over again, now that Betsy is back. Well I guess the show will end with Ichabod and Betsy together, Abbie and Danny, Jenny back in the crazy house after killing Joe, and Ezra taking care of her. Wow, this is so convoluted and so wrongly done by the writers that I will not be surprised if no one will tune in to watch the show if it gets renewed, which probably it will not since today with Betsy and killing Joe they succeeded to really kill any hopes for a renewal.

• Mcfudge says:

I think you have it wrong. Having Betsy around might make Abbie accept a thing or two about how she feels about Crane.

• Abby says:

Oh my god, people, Betsy IS NOT BACK. How can you be that naive? She either dies in the catacombs, or she dies when she returns to the present (ages to death, perhaps)? This is nothing more than a chance to give Crane closure with her, like he never got with Katrina or Henry or anyone ELSE in his first life, for that matter.

• Marybeth says:

You have a good point, maybe since she was not back to life like Ichabod was, if she tries to leave the catacombs she will probably ages to death. Great concept! I am good with it.

• Carm says:

I think Abbie and Crane or back in 1776

10. Robyn says:

Dang it. I loved Joe and Jenny….

11. Michelle says:

The Sleepy Hollow writers should teach a class on how to ruin a show…

12. Sam says:

So I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing how hard the writers are trying to keep Abbie and Ichabod apart. I mean really Betsy is alive. I like Danny, but they could have put him with Sophie. I didn’t even ship Ichabbie, but now I do because it is pretty obvious how hard the writers are trying to keep them apart. They have such wonderful chemistry. Also why the hell did they kill Joe. I liked him. This show, they pull you in just to piss you off.

13. Mcfudge says:

This is completely unacceptable.

14. Bella says:

Booooo!

15. H.J says:

I’m so upset right now. I loved Joe’s character and I loved him and jenny together as sidekicks to Ichabod and Crane. They were a great foursome :(

16. Carm says:

I was hoping he wasn’t really dead.

17. Xavier says:

IT IRRITATES ME WHEN SITES PUT THE MAJOR DEATH IN THE HEADLINE OF THE ARTICLE. YOU ALL PURPOSELY SPOILED IT FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT WATCHED THE EPISODE. All I did was google Sleepy Hollow & your article was the only one that did that. This is messed up now that I cant even watch the episode because I know what’s going to happen.

• Angela says:

So…don’t Google the show until after you’ve watched it? There’s an idea.

• Xavier says:

I googled it to see if it had came on that night. Like I said originally, “***** Dies on Sleepy Hollow” would have sufficed. It would have been more aluring that way.

• JenJ says:

Well don’t read it, then. We all have eyes, and hopefully when you see a headline about a death that you DON’T want to hear about, you don’t go on to read it. Duh.

18. opus says:

Killing Joe off is just STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

19. April Case says:

They need to bring back Zach Appelman, so he can run it with his father and his love Jenny Mills, in Sleepy Hollow…I believe it would be interesting to see what would happen, and how it would affect the witnesses, to ward off all evil…

20. ChrissyG says:

It’s fun to watch the Ickybees fall apart because a beautiful white woman is anywhere near the Crane character. Betsy is no Katrina, but she at least meshes with the Crane character and adds a much needed woman’s touch from the 18th century. They will look good together. Another white character meets his end? Well, imagine that. And that just leaves……the Crane character, of course. If anyone is keeping score, that’s seven white characters gone, and I think that’s on the lows side. Even fan boys are asking me what’s going on. Hey, is this smart enough?

• writerswrite2 says:

Wow you sure have color issues. Perhaps you should only watch shows where people are one hue so it won’t disturb you to see more than one shade of humanity. . What a sad and miserable being you must be to spend your time doing color checks and balances.

• JenJ says:

I think that this series shows us that most of the fans don’t care about someone’s race. If it’s bothering you so much, maybe this isn’t the show for you, ChrissyG.

21. Potsy says:

Hot Zach was the only remaining reason I had to still watch that show so bye bye!

22. chanrin says:

I really liked his character, but eh, Appelman is simply jumping off a sinking ship

23. Marie says:

Every time a boyfriend/ husband dies on a tv show, the girlfriend/ wife always ends up finding out they are pregnant. I wonder of Jenny is pregnant.

24. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

That sucks I liked Joe and Jenny together! Blame the dad he showed up @ the wrong time.

25. flordagirl says:

Thanks for completely spoiling Friday’s Sleepy Hollow episode in your story title AND website link. Morons

26. Television says:

This is terrible, he is a great actor and contributed greatly to the show. Also uncanny how much he looked like his tv dad. I’m super mad that you killed him off the show. Get rid of other characters like Jenny and Abbys dad, the cop in charge and the girl cop..who I can’t even remember their names. I used to like Jenny a lot, but now since she killed Joe, I guess I will have to take her trailer and touch her stuff :) BRING BACK JOE!!!!!

27. Sara says:

Big mistake on Sleepy Hollow’s part. But I don’t think it will matter because the series is done after this season.

28. Cora Edwards says:

Zach’s character is cool with many hidden talents!!! Will be missed!!!
    Did Jenny say the L-word…Loved them together!!!

29. Dani says:

You people don’t know that they could bring it back so back off

30. The Grim Sleeper says:

It’s a race thing. They can’t have a show were the 2 main black female stars are attracted to the 2 white male stars. It’s that simple.

Expect the Abbie/Ichabod thang to start up for real if there’s a next season

31. Cara says:

Wont watch the show any longer. crane and Abbie were great together. There storyline was the show! Also had grown to enjoy Jenny and joe’s relationship develop.

32. Becky says:

Was not very happy with the departure of Abby Mills from the story, and Joe was a surprise as well. Killing off major members was not a good move. Show will never be the same.

33. Gen says:

Another lousy move in a long line of lousy moves for this show. And with Beharie gone I am so done. Too bad they kept veering off from the precedents set in the first season. For me that was a series finale. Too bad..this show had promise…

34. HarryTC says:

Can you sell a Coke or a Pepsi after the “sweet” ingredients are gone?

35. Ingrid says:

Please bring back zach appelman. As a regular castmember. It will not be the same .

36. Kc myers says: