Rush Hour Ratings

Ratings: Rush Hour Debut on Par With Elementary, Scandal Hits 7-Week High

CBS’ Rush Hour debuted on Thursday night to 5.1 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, on par with both time slot predecessor Elementary‘s final Thursday outing (5.6 mil/1.0) and its season average (5.9 mil/1.1). The freshman drama also tied NBC’s Shades of Blue for the 10 o’clock demo win.

TVLine readers Rush Hour an average grade of “C+.”

Opening the Eye’s lineup, Big Bang Theory (14 mil/3.4) and the first Life in Pieces (8.1 mil/1.9) each dipped a tenth. The 9 pm Life in Pieces season finale (6.8 mil/1.7) matched Mom‘s most recent demo number. 2 Broke Girls (5.7 mil/1.6) was steady.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (7.8 mil/2.2) and Scandal (6.5 mil/1.8) both ticked up, with the latter hitting a 7-week demo high. The Catch (5 mil/1.0) slipped 10 and 16 percent from its premiere.

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow (2.06 mil/0.7) returned steady, while The 100 (1.28 mil/0.5) gained a tenth.

NBC | You, Me and the Apocalypse (2.8 mil/0.6) was flat with its  series finale, while Shades of Blue (5.4 mil/1.1, average grade “A-“) wrapped its freshman run with 7-week highs.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Legends and Shades were great last night. Happy that SOB was renewed. I recorded Rush Hour to watch later this weekend. Gotta watch The 100 too :-)

2. sarah t says:

Where’s Fox’s numbers for Idol??

3. KLS says:

No basketball to compete against in 2 weeks. All shows went up?

4. Brian says:

Not surprised by Scandal’s rise. These last 3 episodes have been pretty good, especially the last 2. Just hope they can keep the momentum going and they end this season strong.

5. Eric7740 says:

Scandal was amazing last night!!! The is getting back on its groove!!! And next week looks even better!!! If you haven’t been watching the past few weeks, now is the time to come back to Scandal!!!

6. kmw says:

Grey’s just keeps on going even Scandal is doing better but The Catch isn’t going to make it. Good for Idol to get at least a little bit higher

7. Coach Taylor says:

The catch is finished. I like Peter Krause but they should have kept the original actor and actress the show seemed to be so much different in the initial trailer

8. Matt C. says:

Scandal deserves the ratings increase. Last night was the best episode since the fall! And judging by next week’s promo, the momentum isn’t slowing down. I still find it amusing/awesome that Grey’s is on season 12 and still kicking a-s-s!

9. John Nickolaou says:

Movies turned to tv generally are not very good. Psych was my favorite show on tv. Pretty sure Rush Hour is my new favorite! Thankyou for a job well done! Looking forward til next Thursday

10. Chicago Dan says:

The real winner here: SOB – it’s had repeats for lead-in for past few weeks and doubles those numbers. While TC and RH, did just opposite. How soon before CBS moves Elementary back, considering it’s doing worse than Cyber in the death slot after MS/TGW?

11. Boiler says:

Well if we are to believe TVLine reader’s comments Rush Hour should drop a lot next week. I really would like to CBS put Elementary back here. They have already screwed with it the first two Sundays with basketball over runs and Easter.

12. Ken From the South says:

Pretty sad ratings for a shows’s debut.

13. Abby says:

I predicted the 1.0-1.1 range. I don’t know. My gut instinct just told me it wouldn’t do well.

14. I really enjoyed You, Me and the Apocalypse! I hope it gets renewed! it was really fun and I looked forward to it every week.

• Nero tTVFiddler says:

I watched the full season of ‘You, Me and the Apocalypse’ as well … didn’t like it as much as you did, but it was different, I’ll give you that. I can’t see NBC picking up the series for another season – I believe the series was developed and filmed for the UK audience, and then exported to the States via NBC (?)

A bit too dark in tone for my taste, and I kept thinking to myself ‘missed opportunity here’ with each episode. I won’t give away the ending, but that ending was not the way to go – they needed something both subversive (which they got) as well as with some wry humor – which they completely missed. If they wanted just drama, success! Well done. If they wanted subversive comedy with the drama – IMHO, they failed. Period. The series started off with just the right tone of comedy, but they lost their way over the ten episodes, and that’s a shame. A missed opportunity.

Oh well… they tried, NBC tried… maybe next time. It was nice to see Dame Diana Rigg again!

15. DavidSask says:

The Catch sucks and deserves tanking ratings. Shonda missed with this one!!!