The Originals Crossover

The Originals Crossover Photo: Matt Greets the Mikaelsons in Mystic Falls

The Vampire Diaries‘ next crossover with The Originals is so close, we can taste it. Actually, even better, we can see it!

The CW on Tuesday released photos from The Originals‘ April 8 episode (The CW, 9/8c) in which Elijah and Finn travel to Mystic Falls — and come across a less-than-welcoming boy in blue.

The episode, directed by star Joseph Morgan, sends Klaus’ brothers to The Vampire Diaries‘ home base on the hunt for Freya, who gets kidnapped by a “dangerous new threat.” Their sisters’ peril forces the battling brothers to “put aside their differences in order to save her before it’s to late.”

Are you excited for The CW’s next (mini) vampire crossover? Browse more photos in our gallery below, then drop a comment: Where do you hope The Originals goes from here?

1. L B says:

It’s so awkward how much Finn aged while he was dead…

2. Bwhit says:

Love this premise and I hope Elijah puts Matt in his place. It makes me wonder if they are somewhat redeeming Finn just to kill him off again.

• Brigid says:

And what place does Matt belong? I think Matt wanting to kill all vampires is understandable after everything they’ve done to him, his anger is justifiable.

3. Al says:

I’m confused, didn’t the last ep of TVD fast forward 3 years into the future? How would this work?

4. Ali says:

This time they shouldn’t kill off Finn or kol. Now they need to bring back hendrick cause Esther & dahlia made plans for him on the other side. Oh ya dahlia has two children of her own somewhere & she created a different kind of spices guess who’s lookin for them micheal’s younger brother

5. Stacey says:

I just want Caroline to cross over, to reunite Klaroline.

6. Donna Gatto says:

Hoping that Elijah and Haley reconnect. I’d love to have Rebekka back as a regular. The sibling affection is so touching since it’s such a contrast from them being predators.

• Bwhit says:

I want them to as well, but it’s probably better Haley takes time away to deal with losing Jackson. I don’t think they are done, she said she loves him not loved him :)

7. Jaetany says:

What I don’t get is why they making the originals weaker than weak, Freya why is her part not showing some retaliation its like she’s the weakest witch for a ancient witch, I know Davina and Vincent is no match for her but she not fighting back there just making her play a role of weakest witch it don’t make sense. If she broke that chain in the beginning why can she do it again and snap lucien and Vincent to escape . This is starting to make no sense.

8. chantall says:

Well my gueess is, the mikaelsons will be making an explosive mindblowing come back in the season finale like they always do, and my guess is freyas true ability will be revealed. If cami was still human I could totally see her with matt