Quantico Season 1 Episode 15 Recap

Quantico Recap: A Brief, Bloody Aside

Agent Booth’s women unite!

This weeks Quantico finds yet another of the ladies Ryan has loved and/or bedded in recent history having a major change of heart and aligning with Alex Parrish’s one-woman counterterrorism unit. Having Hannah come into the fold is bittersweet — does this mean no more of her awesome, scathing monologues — but gives Alex the high level eyes and ears she needs inside the bureau. Because the terrorist is on-task in the extreme.

Speaking of terrorism, a group of bad guys attack Quantico in the past storyline, but you’d barely know it from the way most of the gang bounces back (and quickly!).

Read on for the highlights of “Turn.”

SHELBY LEARNS THE TRUTH | Despite Drew being kicked out of Quantico and Liam being told he was in trouble last episode, both men are still there, glowering at each other, in the past timeline. “If you want me gone, you’re going to have to fire me,” the latter tells Miranda. Um, dude? She basically did last week.

Meanwhile, Will lets Iris in on Caleb’s Mark Raymond secret. And because Iris feels that a distracted Shelby is a threat to their shared classwork — and therefore Iris’ success at the academy — she sneaks into Caleb’s room and steals the envelope Samar/Haifa gave him at the diner. Iris wastes no time, giving Shelby the envelope right away; what the blonde sees inside sends her running out of the lecture room near tears.

The class Shelby is skipping? A talk/lesson from Claire Haas, Caleb’s mom/former agent/budding politician, who’s there to revisit one of her big cases. And while I’m sure she’s distributing important pearls of wisdom gleaned from her many years on the job, all you really need to know is that she’s present when a gang of terrorists arrives at the Quantico campus, looking for blood.

MAYHEM UNLEASHED | A van pulls up to Quantico’s gates; when the guards ask to look in the back of the vehicle, they’re met with a group of armed terrorists who kill them in a brief but bloody skirmish. (Side note: I’m generally not terribly squeamish about fake violence, but coming on the heels of the Brussels attacks, this scene really made me uneasy.) A few minutes later, Raina — who has fetched Charlie on his mom’s orders — arrives at the gates and realizes something is terribly wrong.

Inside Quantico, everyone shelters in place, shocked. Liam and Drew yell at each other a lot before both take off to look for the shooters; in her office, a gutted Miranda assumes that Charlie was involved in the attack. Thing is? She’s right. In the car, as Raina speeds away to safety, the juvenile delinquent admits that “I could have stopped this.” His kidnapping was staged, he gave the terrorists information about the Quantico campus, and when he realized something was going to happen he escaped.

Will and Caleb run off after Shelby, who’s out in the woods. Caleb finds her crying, holding the envelope to her chest: “I’m not OK, Caleb. My parents are alive,” she sobs — and he replies that he knew. “I just didn’t want to destroy you again,” he says as he holds her. Both Liam and one of the terrorists are closing in on them, and when the terrorist has Liam in his sights, Drew comes out of nowhere and takes the shooter out with a bullet to the head.

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO | And just like that, everything is just about back to normal? Drew, who’d quit Quantico earlier in the day, is reinstated as a NAT. “Going out there after me, you showed more instinct in an instant than most agents show in a lifetime,” Liam tells the former NFLer, and a grudging mutual respect is born.

After some light flirting with Drew — guys, didn’t people die here today? — Alex goes to the bar to meet Ryan… to tell him that “I want to do this job and I want to do it well, and I can’t do it with you in my head.” Booth is understandably gobsmacked. “How many more different ways do I need to say that I’m in love with you?” he asks, incredulous. She sadly counters that she’s not going to lose everything she ever wanted “because of some guy.” OUCH.

In the same bar, Caleb and Shelby meet with Samar/Haifa, who still wants to be besties with the woman she lied to and bilked out of millions. “You and I? We’re nothing,” Shelby coldly replies. “You are as dead to me as my parents were.” Later, Caleb thanks Will for having his back during the shooting, then (presumably) entertains his roommate’s questions about Mark Raymond.

Quantico Season 1 Episode 15 RecapSORRY, CHARLIE | Meanwhile, Miranda meets Raina and Charlie at her house… and one of the terrorists shows up soon after… followed later by the FBI when Raina smartly calls her sister and leaves the line open. Raina and the terrorist have an Islam-off — she calls him a thug, he says he’s a true believer — then there’s a very tense standoff in which Charlie ends up shooting the terrorist but Miranda and the FBI end up shooting Charlie. He’s not dead, but Miranda still feels terrible.

WHAT A PILL | In the present storyline, the terrorist sends Alex a pill bottle and gives her a mission: Plant the bottle, which is a replica of one of Claire Haas’ and contains a tracker in the lid, in the senator’s handbag while she’s visiting the FBI. The only problem is that Hannah is very suspicious of the junior agent, and she won’t let Parrish anywhere near candidate Haas. Eventually, Hannah out-and-out fires her.

Alex tries luring Claire to her by saying she knows the location of Caleb, who’s apparently been missing for months. But Sen. Haas knows she’s bluffing, because Claire actually does know where her son is — but no one else does. Five hours pass, and Alex still hasn’t placed the fake pill bottle; in a last-ditch hail mary, she gives the bottle to Hannah, who looks at her like she’s crazy. But when the terrorist calls, he/she/it/they congratulate Alex for a mission well done. This stymies Simon and Alex, until Agent Wyland shows up at Alex’s door: Natalie’s email requesting emergency time off was bounced from a remote server, which is a huge red flag. So she placed the pills, and she wants to know what the hell is going on. And when Alex interrupts another one of those monologues — “Shut up and stop talking!” (heh) — Hannah officially joins the team.

1. felicia says:

OK. It makes no sense to me that parents would fake their own deaths. Does anyone have any ideas?I know. I know. I’m assuming there is a logical reason. Give me a scenario.

• drb999 says:

My guess is that they were in some very serious legal trouble and faked their deaths to avoid lengthy prison sentences. Some kind of Bernie Madoff stuff.

• Dude says:

Nothing about this show makes sense ever. Joshua Safran is the hack to end all hacks.

• SHONDA says:

Have you watched any of his other shows? I read some of his interviews and I never see onscreen what he says is/will happen.

2. dan says:

This show is a mess. I’ve never had a hard time with the time jumps until now. So much confusion. I’ve never been in a lock-down nor in FBI training, but are people supposed to escape on their own and hunt the perpetrators in snowy forests without any plan or back-up? I also think it’s hysterical that just about every major character has either been fired, suspended or quit the FBI and yet they’re all still there (except for the nerdy computer guy who’s name I can’t remember and Natalie who is supposedly dead). Why am I still watching this show?

• bj says:

The time jumps are driving me crazy too. I thought the raid was present time and then they started flipping again. This device is being over used to the point of ridiculousness. I’d like to watch just one episode where we can concentrate on what’s going on without all the back and forth nonsense.

3. Mike says:

I’ve run the past few shows back a few times….am I the only one that hears a woman’s voice whenever you hear the last word of the blackmailers calls? Each time it seems to go from garbled to what sounds like a female voice.

• Night Owl says:

It sounds like Shelby’s voice to me. I noticed that the first time Alex received a call.

• Katherine215 says:

I also hear Shelby, but I think the idea is that it’s all of the NAT’s voices garbled together. I can hear Ryan and Caleb in there sometimes, too.

4. Kam says:

I love Eliza Coupe in this! She’ll probably die or something, but she’s pretty good

5. ? says:

Show is on thin ice with me. I can’t help feeling the new NATs were introduced so the show can avoid losing one of their original main cast because cast chemistry like that is rare, and the terrorist bombings need to be pinned on someone. On top of that it really feels like it’s just spinning its wheels until the finale. It would have really benefitted from being a 15-episode-a-season show. This episode would have been the finale! Think about how much less filler we would be sitting through.

• ? says:

But if they don’t chicken out and pin it on one of the new NATs, it’s so Shelby. Even if they do, I bet she was their original plan.

• Frank says:

I heard that not all the original cast will be important for season 2 so it doesn’t seem like they care about saving the cast besides Alex

6. Cindy says:

I love this show and look forward to watching it every week. Love all the twists and turns :0)

7. bigdede says:

I agree with the person who said that the new NATs were brought on so the show could put the blame on one of them as the terrorist. I watched the show and I’m reading this recap like who’s Drew? The Ryan/Alex romance has bombed. Those two barely got to know each other during their training and already Alex’s pushing him away? I’m still trying to figure out why she slept with Liam the night Ryan’s exwife told Alex he loved her. Why did she run away then? Their relationship isn’t sexy or romantic. It’s annoying. When this show was first advertised, they compared it to Grey’s. Well they should have modeled Ryan/Alex romance after Derek/Meredith’s. Let them have one season in love and then have the push/pull come the second season. It’s barely through the first season and already it seem like they’ve been doing this for 5 years. It was stupid for Liam to say you have to fire me when last week she told him to pack up his desk he was done. And we saw Liam kick Drew out so I had no clue why he was on my screen. I think after next week I’m just going to toss this aside. I’m barely hanging on to Scandal. I don’t need to be loyal to 2 bad shows.

8. Heather says:

Best episode since the return from break!

Shouldn’t the door to the classroom been locked so Caleb couldn’t leave? It locked when the “bomb” was in there and didn’t they describe that as a safety precaution? If there’s ever a time for safety it when there are terrorists on campus.

9. Janine says:

“Later, Caleb thanks ____”

• dan says:

Does the rest of that sentence even matter? Just like the show where nothing makes sense. By the way, the guy who plays Caleb is still the worst actor on tv.

10. H says:

Lol I think this show is my new gold standard for hate-watching

11. Katherine215 says:

Drew is the most annoying character on this show (which is saying something). I care nothing about his feud with Liam, his dead fiancee, his flirtation with Alex, or his football career. I also do not understand how running after Liam showed initiative and instinct, just because it saved Liam’s life. He should’ve been fired for that, not praised for it.
    I don’t have a very high standard for this show, but some character development and less annoying characters would be nice…

12. dewittlife says:

Are they going to time hop back to NYE when Liam and Alex hooked up? The show said they fell in love. I’m dying to see that.

• Anna says:

????? Where did you learn that Liam and Alex fell in love? Do they look like people in love in the flashbacks?

• dewittlife says:

I think it’s in the first episode when Calebs dad talks to him at HQ after the first blast.

• Alexia says:

He falls in love with her, she doesn’t fall for him though. In the first or 2nd episode miranda says to liam “when you look at her, what do you see? The recruit you fell in love with or the terrorist who rejected you?”

13. D L says:

Am I the only one who has thought Ryan was the terrorist all along? When they examined each of the main characters to see if they could have done it, no one ever looked into Ryan. However, now that Hannah is oddly on board, I wonder if it’s just a cover and she is the terrorist or working with Ryan

14. Kentner says:

Alex is a drone government spy black ops conspirator. She is secretly conducting a coup of the government.