The Walking Dead: Negan Introduces Himself in Season 6 Finale Trailer

After months of build-up, we finally get a glimpse of Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Walking Dead supervillain Negan in the leaked official trailer for the April 3 season finale (AMC, 9/8c). Our first impression?

If it weren’t for that peek at his barbed-wire-covered baseball bat, Lucille, we’d say that he seems… well, fairly polite. He’s even courteous enough to introduce himself. But of course, we all know that he’s going to wreak havoc on our embattled band of survivors — and their poor skulls!

Click above to watch the teaser, then hit the comments: What’s your take-away from the promo? And who are you most afraid will be Negan’s first victim in the season’s last episode?

1. wrstlgirl says:

I’ve watched this about 100 times since this morning, lol!!! I saw a spoiler yesterday that is going to tick off a lot of people if true. It wasn’t about who meets Lucille but something else. But that aside most of us know what’s coming it has been hyped so much by the fans that I just have a horrible feeling it isn’t going to live up to all the hype. We shall see, I hope people aren’t disappointed. I can’t wait for these final two episodes. Very excited.

2. De says:

Pardon my language, but oh yell yes!! I am so looking forward to the last two episodes.

• De says:

Hehe.. I don’t know if it’s because I have had no coffee at all, today.. of it my own keyboard/fingers censored me.. but that made me giggle. Thank you for posting that trailer. Loved it!

3. Dark Defender says:

Squee!

4. Kevin says:

Eeny.. Meeny.. Miny.. Hey Moe!

5. Dorothy Ealey says:

Everyone has there eyes on Darryl leaving because he is suppose to have his on show soon. If it is Darryl. I think Jesus will take his place. We’ve seen some of his moves. I think if it’s not Darryl it’s going to be Michonne. Not everyone is happy that Rick is with a delicious, dark chocolate beautiful BLACK woman.

6. modwildtv says:

Phallic much? Sheesh!

7. Dorothy says:

This will be like Jadavu. Remember Carol rescued them from Terminix. Just before Glenn was about to get cracked over his head and be BBQ’ED.

8. John J says:

I have a feeling it’s going to be Maggie. Just to make it extra shocking because she’s pregnant. It would let them follow the comics but still be shocking in their own way.

• Mike says:

I know I have that bad feeling to and she starting to become a leader began might think that

• lsimon3321 says:

I hope you are wrong John. Maggie lived to head up The Hilltop and had her baby, a boy in the comics. Also, I think TWD already tilted its shock meter for some viewers when the boy was killed while holding Jessie’s hand. One last point: Negan isn’t known for beating or killing women although he doesn’t have a problem with studding all of the females.

9. Phoenix5634 says:

I’m most nervous for Daryl, please no. And keep Lucille away from Glenn too. Let’s get Morgan to talk to Negan and see how that goes lol

10. Musicfan5 says:

I think it’s going to be Glenn…although I’d prefer it to be Morgan.

11. lololee24 says:

I’m so sick of this show teasing me! just bring out Negan already and while their at it kill off that darn Baby! how the hell is Carl’s baby sister still alive at this point and shouldn’t she be 6 years old? realistically? I mean this show has been on forever, please speed up the time line and move the story along. As for Dean Morgan aka “Negan” I’m one of his super fans from Supernatural, Grey’s Anatomy, and the Good Wife so I’m looking forward to seeing him on the walking dead. He’s going to be 1. Hoooooooot (He’s charming as “bleep”) and 2. he’s perfect for the world. Morgan will be the perfect blend of charm, charisma,and intimidation.

• Carrie says:

Why in the world would you want to see the baby get killed? That’s beyond disturbing. This may be the sixth season, but I thought it was very obvious that it has been a lot less than six years in their world.

• Carter says:

Ah yes, back in the day when Supernatural was still good.
      I think around 2-3 years have passed which would make her at least two to two and a half roughly. At least she’s better behaved then Sam was.

• Brigid says:

Thank god you don’t write for this show. You can’t even keep up with the timeline. The baby is exactly the age she’s suppose to be, she was born in Season 3 at the prison. Pay attention there baby killer.

12. lololee24 says:

Morgan should be killed off at this point because his “Zen-like” philosophical approach to killing during a zombie apocalypse will get everyone (including himself) killed. He’s infecting the group with his no killing philosophy and it’s getting to be a bit trait at this point. I don’t know what the writers are doing but they managed to neuter a good actor, they should have just killed him off instead. Anyway. Glenn, his wife, Carl’s little sister, Carol (who Morgan infected with his zen BS) will all die. And the show is ending on yet again another cliff hanger because the writers are lazy like that.

13. Sida says:

Where the heck did Morgan get a horse and a Walker chain gang! As for Negan, Jeffrey Dean Morgan made the statement that producers have been in talks with AMC to allow Negan to push the limits (brutality and his potty mouth). Comic readers will probably be a little disappointed, because there’s no way the true Negan makes it off the page and onto the screen. Negan’s first victim? Abe or Daryl. Yep, Daryl. TWD has opened so many doors for him. I say go for it. Strike while the iron is hot!

14. Lol is from the dutch channel fox nl, not leaked they air it as promo.

15. Ali says:

I’m just already feeling frustrated because long standing fans of the show will know that this is going to be a cliffhanger. We aren’t going to find out who gets lucilled in the finale. They’ll drag it out for months. Gimple needs to quit as show runner, people HATE all the ridiculous cliffhangers. I understand having a few but constantly dragging on for ratings gets so tiresome.
    I would love to see the victim get the bat then roll credits. So our cliffhanger would be waiting to see what happens next, how the group react etc. That would be equally as rewarding and exciting

• Phoenix5634 says:

I’ve been wondering basically the same thing; where they are going to leave the cliffhanger… There’s a few they could do from the comics

16. DMY says:

Observe carefully and you will see who comes to the rescue once again – at 0.12 you see Carol carrying her crucifix – she is on her way to rescue the gang. Remember she made the decision to leave. Like the last time she left (well, Rick kicked her out) and she helped with the prison attack and later rescued them from Terminus? Well, here she comes again – no doubt doing the whole disguised Rambo rescue stuff. And at 0.12? Why is Morgan riding a horse? Could he and Carol be off to rescue the gang together in some way like Tyresse joined her in the Terminus rescue? And who is that body in the middle of the road?

• ThatGirlSaid says:

Carol left her rosary on the ground. They guy in the truck picked it up. That isn’t her walking around with it.

• tmd says:

That isn’t Carol carrying the crucifix, it’s the “truck dick” that survived and hid in the woods when Rick & Morgan showed up to the scene where she shot them.

17. shadester says:

It wont let me watch it!! I think its going to be Maggie.

18. Anonymous says:

Its daryl im not saying anymore…..see ya spoiled brat

19. Gina says:

Is it weird that with all this trailer has given us, seeing Eugene on the front lines with Rick and Carl makes me SO happy?

20. RB says:

They have consistently given the comic deaths to other characters: Hershel got Tyreez’ed, Denise got Abrahams arrow..that’s just to name the two off the top of my head. So Glenn getting Lucille’d may not happen. It could be Darryl or Abe OR both. I really like Glenn. I dislike how fast they went from BADazz Carol to gasping for air in panic carol. And how they are trying to rush TV Maggie into her comic Hilltop leader roles.
    As far as women or small children getting beaten with Lucille, that would be totally out of character for comic Negan. He doesn’t kill women or kids. And in the comics he tries to take Carl under his “wing” and women are enslaved more or less. All women “Survivors” are his to use as a toilet if he wants them. He’s a pig. And charming in the most narcissistic of ways. At least, that’s how he is conveyed in the books…

• Salem says:

They did mention a couple of episodes ago that Negan killed a 16 year old boy at the Hilltop camp. So he doesn’t seem opposed to killing children.

21. Darla says:

Who got hit with the bat???????

22. jacob says:

it was carol!

23. Jacob says:

It was…… sad to say Glen ;_; It is from the comics.