Post Mortems
Younger Season 3 Spoilers

Younger Stars Talk Thad's [Spoiler], Liza's Dilemma and More Finale Twists

Despite new threats from a very familiar-looking troublemaker, Liza’s secret remains safe after Wednesday’s Younger season finale. Her love life, however, is another story.

TVLine spoke with stars Sutton Foster and Hilary Duff about the finale’s biggest twists, but first, a quick recap:

Thad’s identical twin Chad — whom Duff describes as a “granola version” of Kelsey’s fiancé — uncovered security footage from his brother’s death, forcing Liza to tell Kelsey about his infidelity, a confession that did not go over well. Their subsequent argument prompted Liza to leave Empirical for a job at the Paramus Park Mall, though it didn’t take long for Charles (and his lips!) to convince her to return. On top of all that, Liza and Josh’s post-funeral hookup inspired him to dump Greta and hop back on the Miller Express.

So, what’s next for the Younger gang in Season 3? Let’s go straight to the source(s) to find out:

Younger Season 3 SpoilersKELSEY & CHAD?! | If you raised your eyebrow when Chad kissed Kelsey on the mouth, allow me (and Duff) to congratulate you on your keen observational skills. “I don’t know what’s happening in Season 3, but I’m sure there’s going to be a hookup,” Duff tells TVLine. “I don’t think it’s going to last very long, but I think Kelsey is going to make some weird choices while she’s grieving — and Chad is going to be one of them. He’s also going to be a threat to Liza for a while, as long as he has that computer.” As for Kelsey’s post-Chad plans, Duff says, “I kind of think she should go on a little bit of a rampage, a bit of a tear.”

LIZA & CHARLES! | Before we dive into the Josh vs. Charles debate, here’s some intel from Foster on Liza’s big kiss with her boss: “[Darren Star had] pretty much mapped out the whole season by the time we went into the production, except for the finale. That episode actually changed, and Darren was still writing it kind of late in the game. For example, the scene where Charles comes to the department store was added after the table read. It played out a little differently initially, but then [the writers] were like, ‘Nope, Charles has to be the one to go get her.’ Peter [Hermann] and I were like, ‘Here it comes! Here comes Liza and Charles!'”

Younger Season 3 SpoilersCHARLES VS. JOSH!!! | Season 3 will also find Liza having to choose between what was with Josh and what could be with Charles, a decision Foster is glad she doesn’t have to make herself. “It’s definitely a slippery slope, but there’s something real happening between Liza and Charles,” she says, adding, “but Liza also isn’t done with her relationship with Josh. I think Liza needs to explore that first.” Duff offers similar sentiments: “It makes the most sense for her to eventually end up with Charles, but I love what Josh brings out in Liza. He’s a really great guy, and he loves her, so it’s a tough call.”

Where do you stand on the all-important Josh/Charles debate? Do you second Duff’s theory that Kelsey is headed for a rebound with Chad? And what else are you looking forward to seeing in Season 3? Grade the finale below, then drop a comment with all of your thoughts.

1. ninergrl6 says:

30 minutes (or more like 22) isn’t enough! The last two episodes were so gasp-worthy I never wanted them to end. I’m just as torn as Liza about Josh and Charles. I love them both! Hated Kelsey’s reaction to Liza’s news as well as Liza’s reaction to Kelsey’s outburst, but I’m glad they had such a touching reconciliation. I wish season 3 started right now. Looking forward to it, whatever it brings.

• Agree 100% – it goes by too quickly. I love this gem of a show. It’s fun, it’s campy, it’s cheesey-good. I love the friendships, the romance and the shenanigans the gang gets into. Also agree with you, I did not like Kelsie’s reaction to Liza’s Thad truth. Friends, no matter the age, look out for each other. What she did was real friend love and what Kelsie did was high school temper tantrums. Uncool! As for the kiss(es) – I am torn. I really like Josh and feel like he helps keep her grounded in the youth lie. He tries. He cares and he does love her. On the other hand, Charles gets the real Liza… AGH – glad I am not her!

• Karin Renda says:

Please …show reruns of younger the last show…I missed the beginning. …also the 30 min more like 15 with all those commercials is way to short..the show is oviously very popular. .why can’t you make it an hour PLEASE😥

• KR says:

I love all the comments 😍😍I love how Josh helped Liza feel sexual renewed…however I think Charles is an awesome match for Liza. .the show of course must continue.
        60 min. & in the Fall.January is just to long to wait for especially with no rrruns..Please make the change for all of us..Thanks KR

• AJ says:

I read they must still WRITE the spisodes….AND production starts in the summer. SO….. I cant see this starting before OCT or NOV even if they want to start early

2. MattySi says:

Charles all the way. I just hope the fallout when he inevitably finds out she’s lied about her age isn’t so bad or he gets over it quick when he realizes she’s actually his age, which is better.

• len84 says:

Charles is in a difficult position because she is also a employee in his office who lied about her age and so on. So business wise it’s look bad

3. dan says:

Blech, blech, blech on Charles and Liza together. I don’t mind Charles, he’s handsome and a perfectly good romantic lead, I just feel like it should be Josh and Liza together. How are you going to have a show called Younger and have her wind up with a guy her same age?

I sort of want Charles to wind up with Diana, even though she’s wretched. I don’t know why.

• Sara says:

Just because the show is caked younger doesn’t mean it’s about her ending up with a younger guy. I think that’s nit what this show is about at all. It doesn’t always have to be about which guy the girl is with!

• Zooey says:

It’s a show about inventing yourself and denying society the right to label you according to your age and making Charles and Liza a couple would be a hypocrite’s dream and it would kill the show. Josh is somebody who brings something special out of Liza and to me he’s her Prince Charming. Charles could okay for a while, but I can’t imagine Liza not feeling bored with him in the long run. But hey, maybe somebody else would come along. And by the way, Charles belongs to Diana, yes!

• Diana says:

Agree!! Plus Josh has known the truth and still wants to be with her!

• Jennifer says:

I agree with you, Josh & Liza need to stay together!

4. Ricky23 says:

My only complaint about the show is that its way too short but that been said I really enjoy this show. Do we have to wait a whole year before the next season? I’m torn about Charles v Josh – they both have great qualities which makes this all the better. I don’t see them breaking up Josh and Liza for a lot of next season just to keep the will they won’t they angle going which I’m okay with. At least the cat is now out of the bag.

5. Court says:

This show makes me so happy. It totally captures the same feel as Sex and the City, but it also is its own show. I am #TeamCharles for sure; however, I can see why Liza is torn. I love both Charles and Josh…but the chemistry and build up between Charles and Liza is amazing.

• dan says:

It really does capture the feel of Sex and the City. I’m not with you on the Charles thing, but … I will say he does give Josh great competition.

6. Pixley says:

Yeah, I can’t get over the fact that Charles thinks Liza is 26. I don’t mind when she has feelings for him (as she knows both of their real ages), but it’s different for him. She has feelings for an age appropriate divorced man — he has feelings for a 26 year old publishing assistant. That probably makes no sense, but it does in my head.

• I’ve thought about that too, but I guess in Charles’ mind, Liza is so mature and wise for her age. He sees truly something special between the two of them, a real connection.

• dan says:

That’s a really interesting point. I wonder if he will feel differently when he learns the truth?

• Yes! Makes complete sense and this is the reason I can’t quite get behind them. At least they did an end around to my main issue which was that she is his employee! So when he did kiss her she wasn’t his employee in that exact moment. Still, it’s a sticky wicket.

• Kelly says:

I think it’s unfair to try and fault him because he’s attracted to Liza, who he thinks is 26. You can’t assume that it’s because he thinks she is young.

• Ginny says:

I sure hope that is something they examine more. I don’t necessarily see it as a huge problem (it’s not like he thinks she is 20 or something), but I’m hoping we see him having a little more internal conflict about it next season.

• Shannon says:

I think Charles feelings for Liza have to do with everything they have in common and how mature she is. I think the fact that he thinks she is 26 is in spite of all of this or in other words I think that makes no difference.

• gabbi says:

Are you okay with Liza and Josh? Because Liza and Josh’s age gap is about the same as the age gap between Charles and 26 year old Liza. So do you not like either couple and find the age gap to be creepy?

7. asm says:

YES! For “thad”‘s returns. The actor is very handsome and can act really good. Charles however, handsome, but his acting is weak.. Sorry.
    I love the finale. When Liza left, I cried a little. I know how that feels.

• Trish says:

I agree that Charles acting is sometimes a bit off, but I think that may have to do with the fact that he speaks four languages: English, German, Spanish, and French. I have a few friends who speak other languages fluently and they have told me that it requires a lot of concentration to not slip back into a native language when speaking. I had a friend call me one time and leave me a voicemail entirely in Croatian and she didn’t even realize she did it.

8. ruth says:

I was shocked when Thad got killed…didn’t see that coming. But I knew that got Younger another season…thank goodness & it needs to be an hour long show. It made me laugh when I caught myself clapping when Charles kissed Liza.

9. nzlvr says:

Love the show, love both Josh n Charles, wish length of show could be longer n the wait for season 3 shorter. Congratulations on another great season!

10. Trish says:

Liza needs to end up with Charles. The episode when she had to go to the doctor for her shoulder really showcased the difference in their ages and what that means. Besides, Josh hopped into a relationship with Greta way to quick after Liza and Charles has shown what a great guy he is by denying his feelings for her because he was being a gentleman due to the age difference but then also willing to take the chance in the end rather than lose her.

• Sydnei says:

Liza and Charles would be a cop-out in my opinion. SO expected and not truly fulfilling the growth that has taken place in Liza. What she has discovered about her self on this journey makes her an ideal match with Josh. Josh is actually very mature in many ways (although he has some 26-year-old stupidity left in him, this is compensated for by the depth he has and his pure love for Liza). Charles isn’t that different from her ex-husband and he is from a world that is similar to the one she worked so hard to escape.

• Trish says:

I have to disagree, I don’t think Liza and Charles is a cop out, just a more realistic pairing. I agree that Josh has brought out a new side of Liza and helped her try new things but most of the things she tried she didn’t really enjoy and you can only do things for another person for so long when you don’t enjoy them. In the long run the age difference will be an issue, what if Josh wants kids in a few years, while Liza could still have kids, it is riskier plus she is 60 when the kid graduates high school. I think Josh is starting to become more mature which is why he finds those grown up qualities so attractive in Liza and while he does love her enough to want her back, I am sure her ex husband loved her a lot when they first got married and we see how that turned out. I also think that how quickly Josh jumped into the relationship with Greta and made Liza hide on the firescape shows he is not as committed to Liza as he may seem.

• Keri says:

Love Josh and the way he has brought out a fun side to “Liza the housewife”, but at my core, I’m #teamcharles.

Even though Josh seems to roll with it, her shoulder, him wanting babies, and how she felt at the outdoor concert showed the difference in age. I think its great for her to sow her oats during this phase (after divorce) but I’d like her to end up with someone she can really share her passion of books and intellect with.

11. Alex says:

Liza should end up with Josh, just for diversity sake. How many TV shows do we have where a couple with age gap ends up happily?

• Ginny says:

Especially an older woman with a younger man. It is nice to see the usual trope flipped, and for it to be show as a serious romance, despite its problems, rather than just some sort of ‘mid-life crisis’ type of relationship.

12. pjanep says:

This episode was all I wanted it to be – Liza and Josh for me, have the best chemistry on the show. Mind you the whole cast has chemistry with each other and that is rare. I want Charles to find love – he is a really great character but in my opinion not for Liza. I think this age appropriate debate is tired and sad – yes i get the show is called younger and what i interpret is that you are young in mind and it has nothing to do with the body you inhabit, Interested in how the Kelsey and TChad conundrum is going to play out and i want to see more of Debbie Mazar! But make no mistake Josh and Liza for me are endgame and I look forward to seeing how this plays out in season 3. Is it Season Three yet??????????????????

13. Darcel says:

Season 3 cannot come soon enough. I like Josh. You can tell that he is crazy about Liza. I also like Charles. What a nice dilemma.

14. Cat says:

Charles all the way! That is Liza’s true heart! Can’t wait for season 3!

15. Alexis says:

#teamcharles👍👍

16. Shannon says:

Just simply because of that kiss between Liza and Charles I gave the season an A. I have waited two seasons for that.

17. Kim says:

Loved the finale! Can’t wait for season 3. I am sooo Team Charles all the way. Josh is too immature.

18. Catherine Gregory says:

I don’t really know if I continue with another season of Liz’s on again off again with looser boy Josh. I would much rather her be with someone more intellectual like with charles. Josh is only connection with her is physical and when that simmers out who is going to be hiding on the fire escape when liza has the “key”. TTTTTTTEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMMMM CCHHAARRLLEESS!

19. I am addicted and want the show to be at least 45 minutes longs. I love all of the characters even Diana;) I want Charles with Liza and I want him to know her age. Can’t wait for next season !

20. maddy says:

I love how great Josh-Liza are together but it cant beat the super sizzling chemistry Charles-Liza have!!! I am Team Charles all the way!!!!! They are just PURRRRRFECT!

21. Keith says:

I hope they give this show more episodes next season. I’m a little tired of Liza’s secret. I think the show could go on even if she tells the truth.

22. Vally123 says:

#TeamCharles!!! All the way!! Swoon!!!!

23. Kelli says:

When does season 3 start???

24. Rene vazquez says:

When does it come back on? Hope starts in the fall like other shows. It should be an hour. Storyline and casting is great!

25. Linda says:

I loved how it wasn’t a cliff hanger on Chad and glad he was killed off too. Only hope that Liza ends up with Charles must better match Josh is just too young and immature for Liza.

26. Annessa says:

#teamcharles

27. Mary Ellen says:

One of the most interesting aspects of the dynamics of the series is at what age the viewer is watching. Because I am “older”, I look at Josh in all his excellence & think it could work until reality reminds me that when he is 46, Liza will be 60! Age gaps are a living, breathing, shifting reality & as in all relationships, ya don’t know what ya don’t know. While it pains me to see Josh hurt if he loses Liza, it pains me more to think of him mid-40’s with a woman knocking at the door of senior citizenry. Gulp. I think Liza & Charles might not have the physical passion potential that Liza & Josh are currently enjoying, but long term love is built on a foundation of which that is only part. Right now, Liza & Josh live in concurrent & often converging realities, but these are not the same reality. Once Josh sees Liza as a mother with a daughter to put through college………or as a woman who could soon become a grandmother………..things will change. It’s not just the perception that changes, but we must remember that time is currency. We each spend it on what we think is most important. What will that look like as Liza’s role changes as part of an already existing family with her daughter? Do we smoke a joint or take Molly or babysit the grandchild? Do we go to Barbados or pay the existing daughter’s college tuition? (Can’t count on the deadbeat father.) So IF Liza isn’t going to be with Josh……this could be the very real reason why. Love is never enough. That said, I think Charles & Liza are made for one another. They’re like the last two pieces of a 500 piece puzzle.

28. RC Monreal says:

I want Charles and Liza together !! They would make an awesome team!!!

29. Kim says:

Maybe Charles knows how old Liza really is. It seems he was interested in her from the very beginning, and possibly had her checked out..

• Trish says:

I think Charles may know her age and is just waiting for her to tell him the truth. He runs a large publishing company, if a jerk like Thad can find a way to check out how old Liza is, I am sure Charles has connections and had her checked out when he started having a feelings for her. I think the interactions between them like him calling and asking her opinion about the book questions shows how much he values her and when he paid for the B and B room for her and she didn’t want to send the picture of her and Josh, it showed she cares about him too.

30. Amanda Hill says:

What an incredible show.. Perfectly cast (casting agent deserves a standing ovation), written and acted. Makes Wednesday evening much more exciting than ever before.. Can’t wait for season 3! Get to work!!

31. Patricia White says:

I was thinking that maybe Thads twin brother was really Thad. It was his brother who was killed. That’s the reason for the kiss.

• Elaine Stash says:

Me too!!!!

• Trish says:

I think Chad just wants Kelsie because Thad had her. He said at the funeral how they were very competitive and Chad always got the pretty girls, maybe he liked Kelsie way back and Thad took her away so he always resented Thad for it and sees now as his chance to win. He is totally trying to just move in and replace Thad.

32. Rachel says:

Love this show…need more episodes! The finale was amazing and I’m definitely team Charles but I am happy for them not to rush it…the chemistry between them every week is so good 😍

33. Liz says:

Personally I think Liza & Charles. Josh is now free and goes to comfort Kelsey cause he is broken hearted over no Liza. Of course the new twin….bent all out of shape…eventually down the linr Josh and twin butt heads. Then we have Boss lady so depressed.
    But Farm boy comes back ( he is cleared from nasty….. Boss lady wants him, but he wants Liza. Charles doesnt like, but he wants and needs his book. The twin and Thads old hook up want to find money in their future…..zjust a thought..
    Love the show….

34. Deb says:

I think Liza is enjoying the Josh relationship, but twice he has shown his immaturity. Hot sex aside, Josh is just to inexperienced and immature.
    I think Charles could use her sassy character in his life, but we really have no idea how he’s going to handle her big lie! So is he man enough for her?

35. len84 says:

I’m all for Liza and Charles

36. Cilicia Landers says:

Enjoyed the introduction of Thad’s twin. Loved the kiss between Liza and Charles- he’s such a good match for her. Being a 40 something woman, it’s fun imagining passing as a 20 something and having a different life. Glad Younger lets me do that.

37. Berna says:

It’s friggen awesome!!! I really love this series. That finale was shocking all-over haha I loved it !! I gasped and “what” to many times lol can’t wait for it to all come out next season

38. Melissa says:

Liza should be with Josh. There is a wonderful connection there that defies age. The show is about second chances and taking the other path. It would be a bit cliché to have her end up with Charles just because of their ages. #teamjosh

39. Teresa says:

I wish this show was an hour long. I absolutely love The whole crew in the show. Liza being my favorite. She s such a good person. Having to wait a whole week to see what will happen next just kills me. Should Liza be with Josh or Charles? Charles seems more her type but Josh is mysterious in a way. You never know if he is going to stay or go. I’m impatiently waiting for next season.

40. Cindy says:

Make Charles and Liza an item, fade Josh out gradually. Liza should move up as Senior Editor, eventually reveal her age to Charles. Perhaps a co- partnership at Imperical, Liza becomes a famous author. Charles retires and both Liza and Charles cohabitate but never marry.

41. Christina says:

Make the episodes longer, please!!! Half an hour is like a teaser.

42. Jennifer says:

I definitely think Liza should be with Charles! Sooner rather than later. And can’t this be an hour long show?!

43. Yes, Josh is cute, sexy and fun. I see why she is attracted to him. On the other hand, I can’t see this relationship panning out in the long run. Liza is intelligent and well read. She has her past 40 yrs. of experience to draw from. Josh is too young to give her any kind of real stability. Charles, besides being handsome, is more like minded. He also has a prominent career. It will be interesting to see what happens. Please give this show an hour! It’s so crazy good!

44. Tatiana says:

What is going to upset me is if Charles and up with Diana. I hope they going to dig up another character for her. Josh is great, but he has different path I think.

45. This is exactly the type of show thousands of people (of all ages, I’m 56 and I can’t wait to see it every week!) want and need to look forward to each week! It’s exciting, funny, dramatic, and could totally be pulled off in reality!!! Please keep this going, it’s a great time for many of us to escape our lives for a fantasy!!!

46. Cathy Gavriel says:

Even though Josh is adorable, Liza definitely belongs with the very debonair
    Charles!

47. Isabel says:

Hillary Duff gave a awesome performance
    when she fell apart upon seeing Liza again in the office. Very convincing, she had me crying . Love the show ❤️

48. KS says:

Love this dramedy!! Have been watching since episode one. Sutton Foster is adorable and relatable. All of the actors bring something unique to the story. Someone commented that Peter Herman’s acting is subpar, but I disagree. He is playing the head of a publishing company, who would typically be more serious and reserved. Was happy to see Charles finally move in for the kiss! Josh is cute and fun, but in reality Charles is ultimately the better match for Liza. But then the show would be over, so keep the surprises coming Darren!!

49. There just isn’t the same dedication to high-quality parts and that is found at some other
    programs. I prefer that Asus offers this choice when many
    others do not. 500 euro gaming laptop The audio quality is poor, even for the laptop can be quite metallic and has now
    no serious visible.

A good good performance laptop using a low profile and 15-inch screen usually can fit in to the
    same carrying cases which a tablet can wear. The reality is the fact that not
    much is usually done with only 16 shader units along with a memory interface of 64 bits.

50. The entire concept of having the heating unit as part from the kettle and not the bottom unit that stays plugged inside the
    wall is simply ingenious. The unit even incorporates a USB port for transferring pictures
    and ringtones for the handsets. Hitachi cordless drill warranty Other features on this computer mouse include – 2 additional programmable
    buttons located on each of its sides, 2.

It is made by Procter Silex, which is really a well
    known brand name for small kitchen appliances. The headset is
    convertible and might be worn either over your head or maybe your ears.