Limitless Ratings Renewed Cancelled

Ratings: Limitless Hits 7-Week High

Bradley Cooper’s latest visit to CBS’ Limitless thus Tuesday drew 6.8 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, up 21 percent and two tenths to mark the freshman drama’s best numbers since Jan. 5.

Opening the Eye’s night, NCIS (15.6 mil/2.0) was steady, while New Orleans (13.1 mil/1.8) added two tenths.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

THE CW | The Flash returned to 3 mil and a 1.1, down 21 percent to series lows; iZombie (1.3 mil/0.5) ticked down.

NBC | The Voice (10.5 mil/2.4) dipped 6 and 11 percent week-to-week. The Heartbeat sneak preview drew 6.3 mil/1.4, demonstrating 58 percent retention out of The Voice versus the Chicago Med premiere’s 85 percent. (Heartbeat, which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “C+,” makes its regular time slot premiere tonight at 8 pm.)

ABC | Fresh Off the Boat (4.6 mil/1.2) inched up, The Real O’Neals (3.8 mil/1.0) was steady and Agents of SHIELD (2.9 mil/0.9) ticked down to new lows. Beyond the Tank (2.3 mil/0.6) improved on Of Kings and Prophets‘ second/final episode by a tenth in the demo.

FOX | New Girl (2.3 mil/1.0) was flat.

1. Kate says:

That’s funny, it was the first week in awhile where I skipped Limitless (its on my DVR, I’m apparently saving a bunch of shows I actually really like for later including that one, Better Call Saul, The Magicians).

2. Me says:

Hurray for Limitless. This show is great. It’s really clever and funny and charming, and then can hit you with some drama, like it’s been doing a lot lately.

3. Andrea says:

I think I’ll be surprised if ABC goes forward with the Shield spin off considering that AOS has not be steady in the ratings. For some reason I can’t seem to find any interest in AOS anymore, the last few episodes are still sitting on my dvr unwatched.

• kirads09 says:

i agree. Love Powers Booth but not much is drawing me in thus far. I never was invested so much in Bobby and Hunter that I would watch a spinoff featuring them.

4. Sammy says:

Agents of Shield is doing really well in terms of story, action and development… I dunno why no one is watching it live… at least we get season 4….

• Ben says:

It’s a great show. I think I have to say my favourite scripted show on at the moment (although Person of Interest still gives it a run for its money… for now).

5. RichCD says:

As ratings for just about everything continue to tick down lower and lower, it seems clear that next to no one is watching live anymore. Maybe TV Line should start reporting Live +3 or Live + 7 as more ‘newsworthy’. Seeing everything hovering around a 1 rating isn’t telling much of a story.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Nah, I’m good. No one is creating the illusion that these are final numbers. But they do speak to viewers’ nightly priorities, and they do denote up/downward movement/trends.

• Cyndi says:

Haha. I think you’re good too.

• tvjunkie says:

Are they live live numbers or do they count anything watched that night including with a delayed start? I never watch any scripted show live, but I often start watching them within half an hour of their actual start time, before they’ve actually finished recording, or at least sometime during the evening they aired. I’m just wondering how something like that is treated because a lot of people do that these days.

• Zayne says:

Daylight Savings always punches TV ratings in the nuts for a little bit. Everyone is enjoying the extra daylight.

Related note: why do we even still do Daylight Savings?

• Ben says:

I watch literally nothing live any more. I might if I had a Nielson box, though.

6. Joey Padron says:

happy Limitless got good ratings for new episode! hope the show will get renewed for season 2! bummer AoS is still not doing well in ratings but happy the show got renewed early.

7. SayNay says:

I completely forgot The Flash (which I usually watch live) was back. I wouldn’t be surprised if others did the same.

8. theyletfly says:

SHIELD continues to fall apart. New showrunners ought to do it or 4 will be the last. Is that the lowest they’ve ever hit? Still, if you have completely unlikeable protagonists who are shadows of the people they were even in season two, what do you expect?

9. jj says:

Was busy so missed yesterday night’s episode, the only episode I have missed thus far. But I read online the recap, so glad I missed it. Won’t be watching anymore. I was routing for it to be renewed but now I don’t care.

• grass says:

Wait, you liked the show so much that you have caught every episode live, but you read the summary of one episode, don’t like it, and decide screw this show???

10. Just Me says:

Love Limitless. Haven’t missed an episode.

11. JM says:

Excellent news for Limitless! It keeps coming with the twists, and last night’s came as a complete surprise!

12. christopher bee says:

Limitless is one of my guilty pleasures, i adore the slapstick and the xtrem funny editing.

And most of all i think Jake McDorman is a comedy gem.

13. Phil says:

I rather enjoyed Heartland! Its no Chicago Med, but it was enjoyable.

14. Boiler says:

At the risk of upsetting people sort of glad Beyond the Shark bombed