Exclusive

Arrow Sneak Peek: Post-Breakup, Is Felicity Still a Part of the Team?

Resuming Season 4 tonight at 8/7c, The CW’s Arrow raises the question: Who gets custody of the superhero team in a “divorce”?

As seen in the exclusive sneak peek above, broken hearts — as in the title of this week’s episode — are very much on display as Oliver (played by Stephen Amell) watches Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) pack up her stuff, in the wake of her walking out on their engagement. After a few bits of business regarding wedding-related items that need to be scrapped, a forlorn Oliver says, “I’ll see you when I see you,” prompting Felicity to double-check her status with Team Arrow. Press play to hear Oliver’s take on their partnership in crimefighting.

Later in the episode, a heartbroken Cupid (returning guest star Amy Gumenick) resurfaces in Star City with one goal – to destroy anyone in love. When the team learns she’s killing couples on their wedding day, Oliver and Felicity decide to get gussied up as a groom and bride and pose as bait.

1. Elizabeth says:

This is brutal.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Awwww, that’s so sad.

3. Lizzie says:

Wow, that was heartbreaking and so much better than their break-up. I’m sad Oliver isn’t gonna fight for her though, although I also see he’s respecting her wishes. It’s a difficult situation. Love these two together though.

4. DS says:

Aw, bummer, I wanted Felicity to leave the team. And to stop paying the lease in the campaign offices and the underground bunker. And to stop the money flow onto Team Arrow’s equipment and missions and everything. And to take her computers away from the Arrow bunker. I’d love to see how the team would function without all of that.

• Lizzie says:

That doesn’t sound like Felicity at all. That would be cruel and petty and she’s not like that. Felicity is part of the team and she loves the purpose it gives her. She loves what they do. I’m happy she’s still part of the team.

• Patty says:

Oliver was able to do that before Felicity. He would be able to do that again.

I wanted Felicity to leave the team too, but just because I’m sick and tired of her.

• Jay says:

You need to get out of the bubble you created for yourself. This B**ch with WiFi is not going anywhere. Without Felicity, this show would been cancelled after the first season. Stop complaining. If you don’t like her stop watching. She is the only character has been written consistent throughout the entire show. She possesses strength, courage and humanity. Please stop yapping.

• Kevin M says:

Thank you Jay! I freakn agree!
          Tired of these worthless whiners.

• Brigid says:

This show would NOT have been cancelled after the first season without Felicity. That’s bull and you know it. Arrow was doing well it’s first season because of the great writing, not Felicity. She is an integral part of the show since season 2 and I would hate to lose her now but don’t make things up in your head to justify your anger at someone who doesn’t like her. That is allowed because not everyone likes the same things. i.e vanilla and chocolate. Differing opinions are OK but you sound bitter and angry.

I love Felicity and Oliver, I’m not a fan of their romantic relationship but I continue to watch because I love all the characters on this show. I can voice my opinion just like you and shouldn’t be told to stop watching it because of my differing views. You should take your own advice and get out of the anger bubble you created for yourself. Good day!

• Charlie from Revolution STINKS says:

Consistent = one-dimensional. Which is basically her one-liner dialogue. And that is getting beyond dull and hinging on annoying. Besides, she doesn’t even exist in the comic versions, so in the end, she will be gone.

She keeps going at the rate she is, she’ll become my new board name (Felicity from Arrow STINKS) …

• DS says:

If it’s her name on the lease, she can evict him.

• DS says:

I mean, technically Team Arrow are squatters in that secret underground bunker. Dammit now I want Felicity to evict them for lols.

• datdudemurphy says:

I agree so very much

• Demi says:

Can’t stop laughing at this comment but I get the feeling she would take a break at the end of the episode leading to what will happen in 4.17 at least going by the synopsis

• DS says:

Agreed. Her choosing to leave at anytime is a-okay. The assumption that she’s not part of the team anymore because she broke up with Oliver [which the headline on this article is implying] is pretty gross.

• Lex says:

Felicity Smoak: Indispensable to Team Arrow (not just financially but in its actual capability to function as a team). Others: Not So Much. I approve this use of sarcasm.

5. Trish says:

This is so heartbreaking. Dammit. There so cute. Oliver better fix this. My babes deserves to be happy. It’s going to be hard watching them find their way back to one another. I can’t wait.

6. Karen says:

Oliver deserved to lose her.

7. robandco says:

If only she could leave Star City and join team Flash in Central City! Too bad she isn’t a physician, she could easily replace Dr. Snow and, well, we all see her chemistry with Barry.

8. Kevin M says:

Why must they be so brutal. Damn they better fix this!

9. Lore says:

That is why im not an Olicity fan…

• Jay says:

Whether or not Oliver is with someone else, you always going to have angst. Relationships are not always lovely dovey. Love would have no meaning. This relationship is being depicted as a real life love story with real life issues that one must face when in a relationship. Oliver did not cheat on her, or hit her. He lied. We all lie, but some lies are worse than others.

TV relationships always have some drama, but this drama is less than what it could have been. If they can get through this, than they will be able to face all the complications that comes with a marriage.

I know this a TV show, but with all the bad stuffs in the world, TV shows need to depict some moral lessons and that is what the writers are depicting through a relationship that has a the strongest foundation than most TV relationships I have ever see. How do you know you have a strong foundation if it has never withstand any storms.

Stop this nonsense about Olicity. This is not an Olicity problem, this is a real life lesson that we can all learn from. You are watching a TV show just for the violence it depicts, what does that say about you. The world is already a violent place, one does not need a TV television to know what violence is. Take Belgium for example. Thus, a TV show as dark as Arrow needs to depict a healthy, relatable relationship with flawed individuals to counteract all these violence. Olicity does just that because it started with friendship that turns to love.

• kath says:

Because Oliver having a relationship at all means they will write long arcs about emotional things as opposed to one episode and done love interests like Captain Kirk?

This clip shows why I’m an Olicity fan, because even though they’re on a rocky road, they’re acting like adults as opposed to lying and sleeping with other people.

10. rk535 says:

Really furious they are choosing to do this to them. Drama for the sake of drama. They better get them back together soon. Their love story is a huge motivator for fans. It isn’t smart to get them mad. LOL.

11. Claire says:

That was so depressing, but so good too. Stephen and Emily always knock it out of the ballpark. Good stuff!

12. kath says:

Glad to see Oliver isn’t opposing her staying on the Team. After all, when he quit last season, she stayed.

13. mike says:

Every time shows do this with the romantic nonsense it pisses me off Constantly putting them together and tearing them apart RUINS and DISTRACTS from the real story going on. Its pointless and stupid, and quite frankly lazy writing. Castle has done it so darn much i’m actually hoping it doesn’t return. Big Bang is probably the worst example.

Knock it off already. Ollie has enough going on that he doesn’t need an emotional trainwreck female going all nuts. Yeah he lied, but its not like he cheated on her. Its a question of degrees isn’t it

• Ben says:

The kicker for me is this, mike. Oliver didn’t need to lie. The writers wrote it that way to create angst. I didn’t believe that, at the point they were at in their relationship, Oliver would lie about that. The whole storyline feels fake and forced and I completely agree with you that it distracts from the story.

• John NYC says:

Less the lie and more the going it alone with no discussion with anyone else. Which has been standard Okiver from the get go despite his repeatedly getting called on it and suffering the consequences when that control freakism blows up in his face.

And she had a point: pulling that when the decisions involve them both? Not the way to do it. .

14. K says:

Great scene. They are really, really good at this stuff. I particularly like when she stabbed herself in the heart with the pen as she talked about uninviting the guests.

I was weirdly looking forward to the angst because they’re so in sync as actors but now that I see it I’m just thinking, “OK, can they get back together now? Please? The two stupids are breaking my heart.”

• Lizzie says:

I feel the same way. I think they were right to break up because there’s some trust issues there that need dealing with but this scene was so painfully good that I just want them to get back together quickly lol! Really they knocked this scene out of the park. It was sad and awkward and heartbreaking but so real.

15. pem says:

That was so sad. I guess I got too used to them being happy—’cause not liking this at all.

16. Colleen says:

Awe, this sucks!! Heart wrenching💔 & we didn’t even get to the fake wedding.

17. Lucifer says:

heart breaking!!

18. Ronnie says:

As sad as this moment is, I wouldn’t mind Felicity leaving and joining Team Flash. She and Barry are great together.

19. Ben says:

Over this storyline. This season was supposed to be the ‘lighter’ season from season 3, but for me its the worst by a mile. I’m having trouble finding motivation to watch each week.

There comes a point where breakups no longer feel like drama, they just feel like a cop out to the fans. Chuck got it right in their time line. Arrow needs to get to the point where Oliver and Felicity are a done deal and never go back.

20. I can not believe a TV show can cause me such pain! They are not REAL!! I do not read comic books. What has OLICITY done to this former mature women!! Please bring them back together!!

21. grys03 says:

I enjoy Arrow, I mean really enjoy the show but lately, it’s like I’m watching The Bachelor (or similar) which I loathe. Some drama & romance stuff is to be expected but geez the amount of angst is getting worse. The Flash by comparison has done it well, it’s still there but it doesn’t dominate the show

22. Julian Quinonez says:

Oh thank God it’s finally over

23. elittle says:

Why did felicity have to break up with oliver? I hate this idea. It makes her stupid. That wouldn’t happen in real life. Not when it’s true love. They would have worked it out and moved on. They belong together.

• John NYC says:

He’s got that many times repeated toxic pattern of making decisions in his own and lying to her. That’s not how true partners treat each other.

He keep promising “never again” and then lying more and making more solo decisions. At some point staying just enables that abuse.

• Mari says:

Good points.
        Did people get this upset when Diggle quit the team over Oliver’s failure to provide back-up for him? Or when he shut Oliver out after Lyla’s kidnapping?