Exclusive
The Royals Spoilers

The Royals Promotes Genevieve Gaunt to Series Regular for Season 3

It sounds like The Royals‘ Liam has finally found his new Ophelia, after all.

Genevieve Gaunt, introduced during the E! drama’s second season as Wilhelmina, a love interest for the pouty prince, has been promoted to a series regular for Season 3, TVLine has learned exclusively. Equal parts polo player and party girl, Wilhelmina — affectionally referred to as “Willow” — first appeared in the Season 2 premiere.

In addition to The Royals, Gaunt has appeared on a number of British TV series, including Land Girls and Father Brown. She also played Pansy Parkinson in 2004’s Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Are you looking forward to seeing where things go between Liam and “Willow”? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Gaunt’s promotion below.

1. Ian says:

Yeah, no. Ophelia was set up to make a huge return next season, and presumably reunite with Liam. Not happy about this at all.

2. Alyse says:

I guess that means Ophelia won’t be coming back then. I loved her in season 1, and with her father being behind the death they had a good set up for her to come back as a main character in season 3.

• Ian says:

Depending on the Robert casting, I may have to skip the show now. I felt like the 2nd season had started to drag and that it had gone for too many obvious tropes. But asking me to invest in this girl I didnt even like.

3. Bwhit says:

We will see what they do with her, but I didn’t mind her. I don’t think this means we won’t see Ophelia in some way but the moment it was revealed that her father killed Simon I figured there was no way for her to be with Liam. I didn’t really care for her appearance last season when it was revealed she was dating the guy she turned down for Liam and made it seem that Liam did something wrong in their relationship that gave her reason to resent him.

4. wrstlgirl says:

She didn’t exactly “wow” me but I love this show so I’ll see where it goes. As long as they keep Gemma away, I couldn’t stand that one.

5. Phoenix5634 says:

Great show! Looking forward to its return. Don’t overly care about “shipping” tho, for the most part anyway.

6. Luli says:

She was Pansy Parkinson?? No way!? I thought it was Scarlett Byrne… or did she only play her in the last three movies?

7. mara says:

not a fan of her character…she has not chenistry with liam.
    I was hoping in Ophelia return, guess this news close that door

8. Ana says:

Interesting. Keeping an open mind. Any info on when S3 will start airing?

9. Mackenzie says:

I don’t see how you guys say she didn’t have any chemistry with Liam. I liked her more than Ophelia. I’m super excited for this! She will be great!

10. Michelle says:

I feel like the only person that didn’t enjoy Ophelia’s character.

11. atika says:

i would like to see ophelia to return to the palace aka liam’s arms, they both had this chemistry that no other girl has toward Liam (willow for example).

12. Jackie says:

As long as there is Eleanor and Jasper, I’m in.

13. vashida Choudhary says:

I wanted OPHELIA to return .
    Not happy at all

14. Nilmara says:

please, please, please bring Ophelia back! Love her and her romance with the prince! Missed her on season 2!

15. KJ says:

I really dislike the idea of willow and liam. Without ophelia I definately won’t be watching season 3

16. Shay says:

Ughh, I didn’t really care for Willow. I may be the only one but I was really hoping Gemma would come back. I felt like there was more to her story that we didn’t get to see.

17. Faith says:

I LOVE Willow. I think she would be perfect for Liam and a great princess. She is beautiful, smart, savvy and believed in him, but I honestly do not think he is good enough for her this season. Maybe last but I have just disliked him this season. He was my favorite character last season. I also hate this new girl. It feels forced and just an excuse to create another obstacle for him and his brother.

18. Faith says:

I LOVE Willow. I think she would be perfect for Liam and a great princess. She is beautiful, smart, savvy and believed in him, but I honestly do not think he is good enough for her this season. Maybe last but I have just disliked him this season. He was my favorite character last season. I also hate this new girl. It feels forced and just an excuse to create obstacles for him and his brother.