Dr Ken Jim Rash

Ratings: Dr. Ken Ticks Up in Demo, Draws Best Audience Since November

With CBS in March Madness mode and The CW airing reruns, ABC’s Friday line-up enjoyed across-the-board gains.

With 7.1 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, Last Man Standing rose 15 percent and a tenth, delivering its biggest audience since Jan. 8. Similarly, fellow bubble show Dr. Ken (5.5 mil/1.0) was up 22 percent and a tenth, drawing its best audience since Nov. 20.

Wrapping ABC’s night, Shark Tank (6.3 mil/1.4) grew 10 percent and a tenth.

Elsewhere, Fox’s Sleepy Hollow (2.8 mil/0/8) and Second Chance (2 mil/0.5) were steady, as was NBC’s Grimm (4.2 mil/0.9).

CBS’ NCAA men’s basketball tourney coverage averaged 5.7 mil and a 1.8, up sharply from Thursday night’s 4 mil/1.1.

1. Dennis says:

I don’t understand why wont ABC renew Last Man and Ken already?!

• Boiler says:

Although I don’t watch either of these shows, the ratings as compared to other comedies renewed would seem to justify these 2 being renewed.

2. MP says:

I think I’m the only person who really enjoys Second Chance. It holds my attention every week and I’ll miss it when it’s gone. At least all the episodes will be aired (I assume).

• N says:

I love Castle

• James D says:

I really love Second Chance I hope someone picks it up if Fox doesn’t. wishful thinking I know, but it is so well done it deserves a second chance (yay for puns)

• MP says:

Lol. I was talking to my mom about this show today. She watched a couple episodes and it didn’t hold her interest. I really like the science/sci-fi aspect of it and these kinds of shows are usually hit or miss for me. I think the difference with this show is the interpersonal relationships displayed and the characters in general. I don’t think someone else will pick it up, but it would be kind of fitting if it did, indeed, get a second chance. Glad to see I’m not the only one who likes it!

3. kmw says:

Good for ABC shows, nice that they could tick up, too bad Sleepy Hollow didnt

4. DonnaMama says:

Last night’s episode was outstanding
    Every character had something going on. It would have been a great finale not sure how many episodes are left. I hope it gets renewed.

5. DonnaMama says:

Sorry talking about Second Chance

6. Second Chance is a great show and I hope more people would watch it!

I actually like the weird cases they solve AND the interpersonal relationships. The show is also funny but in a non-comedy way. The sci fi aspects are also cool but not the main thing that interests me.

I hope they give it a second chance (pun intended!) and renew it!