March BADness Tournament

March BADness: Hannibal, Oz, The Following and Castle Take a Stab!

TV, TV, on the wall… who’s the baddest of them all?

That’s the question at the heart of TVLine’s March BADness Bracket Tournament, a brutal scrum among the most violent, scheming, bitchy, low-down dirty characters ever to grace the small screen.

Love to hate ’em or just plain love ’em, there’s no denying these 64 filthy mcnasties have left an indelible mark on the TV landscape. But treacherous as they are, they’re not about to share their glory.

That’s where you come in. From now through the end of the month, we’ll be putting up two posts per day asking you to winnow down the field to one ultimate villain. So do the dirty deed by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 48 hours), then hitting the comments to justify your picks.

Our latest matchups include Hannibal Lecter from Hannibal against Chris Keller of Oz, and Joe Carroll from The Following facing Castle‘s 3XK.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and keep coming back to TVLine over the next two weeks to see how March BADness plays out. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I voted for Hannibal Lecter and Joe Carroll. Both of them really scares me to death.

2. c-mo says:

3XK’s intelligence and seemingly unlimited access to money…coupled with the twisted minds of the writers…made him one of the most frightening baddies on TV. Don’t forget he almost out-badassed Beckett!

3. kirads09 says:

Seriously. No one will ever be badder than Hannibal.

4. oldrockchick says:

Chris Keller from OZ?? Seriously?! Vern Schillinger from OZ would win this whole contest–hands down

• niloofar says:

Love Keller & his crazy love story with Beecher but Vern is more evil than any other prisoner.

• Anna says:

Yeah, kinda surprised to see Chris Keller up against Hannibal – never really considered Chris to be a bad guy. Disturbed, sure. But not evil. Vern is freaking monster tho.

5. Ron says:

Maybe I have problems (I do…), but I love Keller. Well, I wanna jump Chris Meloni’s bones (especially as Keller), so that may play a factor. But I loved him and Beecher together. Sure, Keller was crazy and had problems, and did several horrible things, but I still hold that in his own, messed up, twisted, psychotic way, he really did love Beecher.

6. Aleks says:

The first episode about 3XK was really amazing, one of my fav. But after that his episodes were absolutely ridiculous, the guy was capable of doing everything … except the writers never bothered to show/tell how he had done it. It doesn’t make him a good character.

7. Ronnie says:

Man, I loved OZ! We need Adebisi in one of these matchups!

8. Megs says:

I miss Hannibal sooooooo muuuuuuch! ::cries::

9. adabyssum says:

Both Joe Carrol and Hannibal Lecter are sophisticated and charismatic “villains” you can sympathize with, which makes some of their actions even creepier. Hannibal is my absolute fav!

10. Elladara13 says:

It’d be great if people have not watched both shows if they were honest and didn’t vote.

11. leo says:

Zebediah Killgrave, when you can control others minds, and they know you are controling them and are unable to stop, you are truly scary.