March BADness

March BADness: Dexter Villains Take on Criminal Minds, Mentalist Psychos

TV, TV, on the wall… who’s the baddest of them all?

That’s the question at the heart of TVLine’s March BADness Bracket Tournament, a brutal scrum among the most violent, scheming, bitchy, low-down dirty characters ever to grace the small screen.

Love to hate ’em or just plain love ’em, there’s no denying these 64 filthy mcnasties have left an indelible mark on the TV landscape. But treacherous as they are, they’re not about to share their glory.

That’s where you come in. From now through the end of the month, we’ll be putting up two posts per day asking you to winnow down the field to one ultimate villain. So do the dirty deed by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 48 hours), then hitting the comments to justify your picks.

Our latest matchups include Dexter‘s Trinity Killer against The Reaper from Criminal Minds, and Dexter‘s Dexter Morgan battling Red John from The Mentalist.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and keep coming back to TVLine over the next two weeks to see how March BADness plays out. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Wordsmith says:

Dexter is certainly the more memorable and culturally significant serial killer, but the show went to great lengths to portray him as a very dark antihero, rather than a villain, so I’m not sure if I’d vote for him here…

2. Angela says:

Ooh, Foyet. Ergh, that whole storyline gave me chills. He was definitely incredibly creepy and disturbing.

3. Jason says:

Dexter may be a killer but his targets are bad guys themselves. Clearly Red John was worse. How many innocents did he massacre. Not to mention all the acolytes who murdered in his name.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

The Trinity Killer was the most memorable villain I’ve ever seen on Dexter. Season Five was at its worse until the series finale became a huge disappointment.

5. I think Red John could’ve won this whole thing had his identity remained a mystery.

6. Don Jones says:

Umm the scary Thai guy on Criminal Mind Beyond Border!!

7. Elladara13 says:

Dexter only 64%?

8. Foyet/ The Reaper for sure. He terrorized Hotch and the team including Derek for a long time. And of course it culminated in one of the most infamous showdowns ever.

9. piebokou says:

I’m not voting Dexter because to me he is more of an anti-hero than a vilain. And the show went to crazy length to portray him in that way so yeah I’m not gonna to put him in the vilain category.

10. Daya says:

Reaper v Trinity? Oh, how evil you are for making us decide! I chose Trinity, but I really wanted to choose both!

(I still love Foyet for seriously injuring the marshal…I hate the actor who played him. :> )

11. maregolden says:

Red John should definitely win over Dexter. Dexter for the most part only murdered other murderers. Red John murdered a CHILD! That makes him worse for sure.

12. Rachel Eve says:

The Reaper for sure! I was actually on the edge of my seat when it went down!

13. A fan says:

The Trinity Killer was pathetic. Dexter all the way.

14. Charlie Paul says:

The Reaper not only killed (between others) Hotchs’ wife, he would’ve done so even with his son just to satisfie bis sadistic strive for revenge!