Exclusive
Grimm Nick Adalind Video Season 5

Grimm Sneak Peek: Nick's Delayed Homecoming Makes Adalind Anxious

While the Grimm’s away, the Hexenbiest… will have a chilling resurgence of the monster she’s fought so hard to quell?

That’s the set-up to this exclusive sneak peek at Friday’s Grimm (NBC, 9/8c), which finds Adalind sweating Nick’s homecoming from Germany. After all, even though we know the return of her Wesen powers was unintentional, there’s no assurance that Det. Burkhardt will see things the same way.

In fact, Ad is so distracted by feeling out her baby daddy’s thoughts on the subject that she barely notes how cagey he’s being about what he and Monroe found in the Black Forest. Notice how he mentions nothing about that crazy stick and its potential healing powers?

Press PLAY on the video below to watch the anxious interaction, then hit the comments: How do you think Nick will react when he inevitably finds out the ‘biest is back?

1. Hawke says:

Well, that’s just great. Both are lying. Lies are the solid foundation of any successful relationship *sarcasm* :`(

• Jo Ann M says:

Yes. I quite agree with you there…

• tyranthraxus says:

Isnt his kid technically Wesen too/Possible Hexenbiest? because his mother was one.

Also am I right in saying that not all people born into the Grimm family line become Grimm?

• Alichat says:

You are correct. It can skip generations. I’d love there to be a twist where they find out that biologically Kelly is Juliette’s child. If they are going to shove this ridiculous Nick/Adalind relationship down our throats, I want my weird baby twist.

• tyranthraxus says:

I wonder if Kelly could be BOTH a Hexenbiest AND a Grimm. ? Talk about self loathing. I dont think its ever gonna matter for the timeline of the show though. It takes years for the Grimm sense to manifest and I dont think this show will go for that many years.

• Alichat says:

I think that’s definitely possible. And true on the powers manifesting…..unless they do some kind of time jump in the series finale, we won’t really know.

2. Jorgon says:

They are only together because of the baby, I still can not believe Nick is really in love with her… Meisner is better with Adalind, I think he likes her Who and What she is… Nick will never truly like the hexenbiest in her, is just my opinion…

• d says:

I agree. It really bothers me that they keep saying you are not who you were before. Am I the only one who doesn’t think she was pure evil as a hexenbiest? They are always quick to judge her for her actions but they never really addressed that she did them all at Sean’s bidding. Why is he forgiven, but she is told she is better now?

• I agree with you. Sean, the Royals, her mother encouraged or requested that she do 99% of her dirty dealings. I hope they eventually come clean with each. I like the “Nadalind” dynamic.

• Agreed. All of the Adalind haters should ‘get over it’. There is an undeniable physical and evolving emotional attraction between Nick and Adalind.

• Charlie says:

I agree….I didn’t like Nick and Adalind together at first but now I really do. I really hope they don’t break them up. I like seeing him with his own family especially after Juliette and the others killed Nick’s mom.
          Cute tv fam!!

• Jo Ann M says:

The thing is that no on really knows that she was doing Sean’s bidding. I think if they all knew, it would put a different spin on her actions.

• Anonymous110 says:

Is a lie. Meisner not even meet how Adalind is really. how is gonna to be better with her? maybe if Meisner would be her boyfriend he would be unable to love her. And baby is not just with her by the baby, is by the sex. lmaoo.
      really i can tell you that Nick will end losing Adalind and his son. Juliette and Adalind really loved him and supporting him both women, but he just was an hypocrital and a liar with both.

• Carla Krae says:

Yep. And she’s also been so needy this season. She used to have spunk.

• Faizol89 says:

Yes you were right about them being together because of the baby at first but as time passes they mature and started to acknowledge each other by accepting what they used to be and move on. Thats why I ship them because they showed that love can prevail no matter what it is. For Miesner, maybe he had feeling before but theres nothing special compared to nick. Just stating the obvious bruhh… no hard feelings 😀😀😀

3. Thank you, NBC, for no geo restriction! You’re seriously my fave!

4. K says:

I agree with d. Adalind always seemed to be used by everyone to do their dirty work, with the exception of the cat scratch incident. However since that revealed how selfish Juliette could be, we should thank her for that. Grimm don’t mess with my favorite relationship!

5. Anonymous110 says:

They are keeping secrets bc is necessary in this case, Nick was lieying to Juliette while years too. He´s a liar and an hypocrital. His alliance with Adalind will end soon and he will marry with Eve? that is what the haters think by one only scene of Nadalind lmaoooo

6. Jason says:

As usual, Nick remains tentative with Adalind. I think he has feelings for her but the the past is always in the back of his mind. They could move forward if they had an open and honest conversation. Of course, that would be the opposite of any tv show ever. The standard approach is to let things simmer until they come to a boil, then serve the whole uncomfortable mess with a heaping helping of misery.

7. Pat says:

So I am wondering if that crazy stick could heal her from ever becoming a hexenbiest again? If it can I do think that Nick will use it on her because he knows how she feels about not wanting to go back to being one. Also, he knows that she has turned her life around and she is also the mother of his son.

• tyranthraxus says:

Heal her? I dont think it’s a disease you can simply be ‘cured’ of. It can be suppressed but never entirely removed. Monroe had a nasty bite on his arm, he wasnt missing a leg /arm or eye so Ithink there is a limit to the piece of woods powers. It could be a piece of the World Tree.

• Alichat says:

I wonder if it could cure Juliette since she wasn’t born a Hexenbiest?

• tyranthraxus says:

By the sounds of it Juliette isnt really Juliette anymore. Whatever process they used to turn her into eve has essentially destroyed the Juliette personality. Besides do you really want Juliette back?

• Alichat says:

I don’t really buy that she isn’t Juliette anymore. Is she the same woman that he was living with before she took the potion, glamoured into Adalind, and slept with Nick?….nope. She’s changed of course. But Juliette isn’t really gone. If she were, I don’t believe they’d have left ‘Eve’ with Juliette’s memories. So can Juliette come back? I’m ok with that. They kind of have her doing what I wanted to happen when she started morphing into a Hexenbiest anyway. She’s just not part of the Scooby Gang per se. I hated the ‘Juliette’s gone homicidal’ storyline they had last season. Do I want to see Nick with Juliette again? I don’t care either way. If he can start up a relationship with the woman that tried to kill his aunt, him, Monroe, his girlfriend, his partner, conspired with the Royals against him, sexually assaulted him, and took his Grimm powers away, I suppose I can see him falling in love with the reformed Juliette/Eve (whether reformed on her own or by that magic stick.) Frankly, I don’t understand why he HAS to be in a relationship at all.

• John NYC says:

Brought back from a Crusade to the Holy Land? That’s a fragment of the True Cross if anything given the context.

8. Lori says:

All I know is that if they put Nick and Juliette back together I am done watching. I don’t like them together at all and I find the show much less interesting.

• Louisa Chapman says:

Me too! I cant stand the Juliette/Eve character i find her extremely annoying & never got why Nick was with her. She made it boring to watch. I definitely wouldnt watch if they put Nick and Juliette back together. Still ill put my trust in the Grimm writers with Nadalind. Their chemistry is way hotter than what him and Juliette ever were. I’d watch just for those two!

9. Louisa Chapman says:

It seriously annoys me how cold Nick is towards her here! Adalind put her heart on the line and confessed her love to Nick, he didnt say it back, but he still slept with her anyway and now hes acting cold. If i were her I’d be out of there! As a woman I really feel for her, laying her feelings on the line like that. Grimm PLEASE dont mess up the best thing about this show! Im hoping he’ll realise he loves her too.

10. genie says:

I think they wiĺl work it out somehow… for the sake of Kelly.

11. K says:

Nick will never truly be able to love Adalind until he accepts her, all of her, hexenbiest and all. We all have an ugly side. Hell, Nick’s an infant abductor and not just any baby, her baby. If Adalind can get over that and love him, Nick’s a jerk for not getting over himself.

12. Lara says:

I love Nadalind! I think this is just a continuation of their relationship so far. Adalind is the one who is willing to put her heart on the line and Nick isn’t. He hasn’t learnt to trust her yet. This is clear by his flash back the morning after and his face when Munroe says ‘I hope she stays that way’ in the car. Despite what nick just said to Adalind he is afraid of her going back to that way. (I agree with others that often Adalind was acting under influence of others or desperate need to get Diana back). Adalind needs to become the Hexenbeist again and still be who she is now for Nick to trust her- but then he will realise he loves her.

13. Bama girl says:

He couldn’t even bear to look at Juliette out touch her so I can’t see his reaction to Adalind being any different. But I hope I’m wrong!

14. peter says:

hexenbiest or not she changed a lot by becoming a mother and ”keeping the baby ”!! i remember whem she talked to her ”dead ” mother on the cemitery she said i will find diana and raise them both right
    and she didin’t have took the supressant yet and showing signs of change

15. kg503 says:

I would LOVE to see Nick & Adalind work out. I will be disappointed if they don’t allow this relationship to work out.

16. Nicaela says:

Gosh that hug was awkward and didn’t really show much affection from Nick. I don’t think he’s had time to grieve really. His mom dies and his girlfriend killed her and his protege killed his girlfriend and then all 3 of them disappeared and the next day his son is born.

I think it’s a little to sudden for him to be in another relationship and he hasn’t had time to build up any trust with Adalind. The promo clearly shows that he’s still worried about her becoming a Hexenbiest again and what kind of person Adalind could become. He didn’t reciprocate her feelings and he didn’t share what they found.

Nick is making some of the same mistakes with Adalind that he did with Juliette but under different circumstances. I really hope Adalind comes clean about her hexenbiest coming back by the end of the episode or at the latest the next one. I don’t think either of them should be using the L word until they can get to know each other as they really are and build up the trust.

Since Eve is suppose to be a very big threat to Nick soon and the “stick” is suppose to play a big part in fighting Black Claw. Perhaps the “stick” can suppress the Wessen inside,so they cant Wogue.

17. Sylvia Klages says:

In regards to Nick’s and Monroe’s search for a crusade-era church in a village in Germany: Why were they looking for a Gothic church with spires and flying-buttresses? Gothic churches didn’t even exist until the twelfth century, which was after the first crusade (which, by the way, took place in the 11th century). They should have been looking for an older style church, perhaps Romanesque or Carolingian. In fact the church they went into looked more Carolingian, which was the style centuries before the first crusade took place, which would make it the most likely place for the crusaders to hide something. I wish you people would get your history straight before you write these scripts to avoid ignorant errors.

18. lmmsjones says:

I think nick is a jerk for not telling her the truth…he seems so cold towards her after their last time together. I see her testing the waters to see his reaction. This scene is really awkward and I think it wasn’t particularly well acted.

• K says:

Or no particularly well written. Remember these are still the actors that gave us all that chemistry in season 1.

• Gwen says:

I totally agreeNick is getting more of a jerk!! If he stays to take on Adaline n child he said decide the relationship with her . He choosed to sleep with her yet choose to distrust her n being dishonest. I won’t blame Adaline if she turns back to a Witch n wants to try to kill again !