The Flash Races Over to Supergirl in First Crossover Teaser

TV’s speediest superheroes will soon meet, as touted in the first teaser for Supergirl‘s March 28 crossover with The Flash.

The CW’s Scarlet Speedster will visit the CBS drama when he finds himself transported to National City from an alternate universe. In exchange for a way back home, he helps Kara fight Silver Banshee (the alter ego of Cat Grant’s assistant, Siobhan Smythe, played by Chasing Life‘s Italia Ricci) and returning baddie Livewire (True Blood’s Brit Morgan).

“It is the most joyous occasion to have these two superheroes together in the same place, at the same time, working together,” star Melissa Benoist told TVLine on Sunday prior to Supergirl’s PaleyFest panel. “They are both so happy with their powers and what they get to do and how they get to help people, that it’s kind of infectious and exciting and upbeat and happy.”

The two crimefighters also enjoy “quite an adorable banter,” sparking some jealousy from Kara’s potential suitor James Olsen, executive producer Ali Adler added.

Press PLAY above to watch the teaser, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the crossover event.

1. DL says:

Kudos to them for cutting through the network red tape and making the crossover happen. I wonder if the separation between the DC film and TV universes might someday be resolved through alternate worlds and such.

2. MissEllys says:

Supergirl tends to rush through plots and villain development too fast.

3. MissEllys says:

Perhaps the Flash can show Supergirl how to slow down and take its time to build high stakes villains and plots.

4. Roger says:

Awesome trailer. Although I found an error, First shot of Flash has the white background and the second shot is one with the red background from season 1. I can’t wait for their banter. Always wished Flash and Supergirl would have hooked up in the comics.

5. Phillip says:

So excited for this!!

6. Jay says:

How will Barry cope in National City without someone to give him a fatherly pep talk?

• Derision says:

Likewise, Supergirl would face the same problem on The Flash … no big sister to change her diaper

• Jill says:

Oh please. Supergirl has colleagues, Barry has daddies. And frankly Kara would have Iris. Another intelligent woman to talk to.

7. Bob Wood says:

I thinks this is great! But I still don’t like a Black 6 foot tall Jimmy Olsen!

8. Phun says:

Ten seconds are not enough! Can’t wait for the March 28 crossover.

9. Mr. Tran K says:

The Girl of Steel meets the Fastest Man Alive. This is 100% awesome and watching 10 seconds of that promo was edge-of-your-seat TV.

10. Brigid says:

I’m sure they have chemistry, Grant Gustin has it with every woman he works with. I don’t know how he does it but it’s true. Looking forward to this cross over!!!

• Did they ever appear together in a scene from Glee? I hope Kara now starts wearing some of those new clothes to work instead of the hybrid Catholic school uniforms that she had been wearing. She looked really pretty and awesomely hot in those “grown-up” fashions.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

Yeah, that really didn’t help Kara’s “I’m not Supergirl, Cat, honest!” stance. Supergirl undergoes a major personality change, and at the same time so does Kara. Supergirl reverts to normal, and at the same time so does Kara. Kara should’ve stuck with the new outfits for a bit before returning to her old outfits, and made a joke about it. “I just got my first drycleaning bill!” or something. Especially since she would’ve needed to replace her wardrobe (again).

11. robandco says:

I am sooooo pumped for this. I am a couple of episodes behind on Supergirl (because it’s pretty boring honestly) but I want to catch on JUST to see the crossover.