Pretty Little Liars Twin

Pretty Little Liars: Who's the Twin? 8 Suspects to Examine Before the Finale

Tonight’s Pretty Little Liars season finale (Freeform, 8/7c) will cue up the series’ “biggest reveal of all” (quoth showrunner Marlene King), and while we all have our theories about which Rosewood resident has a secret twin, let’s be real — it could be anyone.

Always a prolific tweeter, King has been particularly vocal about the upcoming twin reveal during the past few weeks, dropping hints and red herrings for desperate fans to sort through.

And while the infinite possibilities could seem daunting — not to mention frustrating — for longtime fans of the show, this twist is objectively pretty exciting. With the show’s (unconfirmed) end in sight, this reveal will ultimately set the Liars on their final final path. … Finally.

With that in mind, TVLine has assembled eight of our top twin suspects, both those likely to have a twin and those we want to have one. Browse our gallery of suspects below, then drop a comment with your own theories.

1. TAB says:

How could you leave out Sara Harvey? I really think she is Bethany Young’s twin. If Sara isn’t somehow directly related to the mystery then her character has ZERO motivation for anything that she’s done. I also agree that Mrs. D is either alive or also has a twin. Why she would be bothering Ali, I have no idea. But it wouldn’t surprise me if there were multiple twins on this show.

• Azerty says:

To be fair Charlotte had zero motivation to torture the liars like she did…the best explanation given by Marlene KIng was basically “because she is nuts lol”.

• TAB says:

Exactly! That’s what I meant. Charlotte had no real motivation for stalking the girls. If Sara has nothing to do with the mystery, then what is the point in her character? She was red coat and black veil…for no reason?

• Andy Swift says:

I considered Sara Harvey, but then got bored and replaced her with Aria :P

• TAB says:

I wish it would be something as twisted as Aria or one of the main girls having a twin or being Uber A, but I’m trying to keep my expectations low and realistic…it’s Sara and/or Mrs D (or even Charlotte…a twin brother?) with a twin. Anyone else will be a surprise to me really.

2. SassyAF28 says:

i want it to be allison but the writers aren’t that clever nor creative and smart

• TJ says:

Wasn’t A Allison’s twin in the books? So it’s not that far fetched that it could be Allison…. other than too obvious.

• SassyAF28 says:

Oh no Courtney pretended to be Allison in the books but later got killed by Allison and her boyfriend/accomplice Nick (btw a better accomplice than shower Harvey haha) and Allison and Nick became the final A’s in the books after Mona died

3. SassyAF28 says:

also, i can’t wait for marlene and norman to bitch out on their fans again lol

4. I hope it’s not Ali-she’s already had two huge reveals(1.shes alive 2.She has a secret sister who’s A).I agree Mrs D is a possibity after Ali seeing her last episode.I have no idea who /who else it could be?It could be Ali given her parents love of secrets ,cover up and her moms multiple affairs(With Mr Hastings,with Mr Young).

5. sarah j says:

My guess is Mrs. D has the twin an it is the twin that died and Mrs. D actually visited Ali in the hospital.

• Azerty says:

But who killed Mrs D/Mrs D twin? I hope this mystery won’t be left out or answered later (please not in 6 years…)

• BrightLight says:

Well if Mrs D has the twin then Mrs D could have killed the twin when she confronted her about Charlotte (Mrs D had a sister that visited Charlotte at Radley but I thought she died?) She decided since her dead identical twin would pass as her this would allow her to hide because she was afraid Charlotte would kill her for letting her stay in Radley all that time? Or maybe because she thought that Alison would kill her for basically leaving her for dead in the backyard in a grave. I’m like 99% sure none of that makes sense. LOL
        I really hope it’s one of the Liars though. Mainly because I want to know why they didn’t know they had a twin. I assume it won’t be Alison since that would be what happened in the books and I thought they were trying to be different. The Hastings family always seems to be hiding something so it could be one of them. I’d love it to be Aria though and I could buy that Aria’s twin was in Radley with Charlotte. I remember Eddie Lamb thought he knew Aria before she showed up at Radley as the art teacher but I always assumed it was because she visited Spencer when she was there.

• Cornelius says:

I totally forgot it has not been revealed yet who killed her has it. Still so many unanswered questions its hard to keep track.

• Azerty says:

The thing is a lot of questions have been answered though Marlene King interviews such as who killed Ian, who killed Garett, who killed Wilden, who was the Queen of Heart, who put a pig in the trunk of the car (seriously thinking back: worst season finale cliffhanger resolution ever, I can’t believe we talked about it for months just for that) but it is a shame they need interviews to explain the plot of the show…yet I can’t stop watching since I want to know what they will come up with.

6. Geo says:

If Mrs. D is the twin, that’s really one of the most boring and “who cares” choices imaginable, but that hospital scene seriously seemed to hint at it. Seems like the show just coming up with a lazy excuse to bring the actress back.

7. Paige says:

Call me crazy, but I’m hoping the twin is Caleb. Then I could get behind Spaleb and I could actually like Spencer again! I’ve hated her this season!

8. shyannn dorman says:

Hi pll I been watching your show when it first started. Who is the twin is it hannah or ms.d. also is hannah going to die please don’t let my favorite charactor die. When is it coming back i can’t wait plus i also think u guys should put charile puth in the show and make him fall in love with aria or emily and then make him be A . twin!!!!?.