Nashville Wedding Rayna Deacon Spoilers

Nashville Star Connie Britton Previews Rayna and Deacon's Wedding: 'This Was a Long Time Coming'

We know you’ve been waiting quite a while for Rayna Jaymes and Deacon Claybourne to tie the knot, Nashville nation, but if series star Connie Britton had her druthers, the couple’s save-the-date wouldn’t even have graced your mailbox yet.

After all, the happy couple jumps right into tying the knot when the drama returns Wednesday (10/9c) — a mere episode after Deke popped the question. “I mean, in my opinion, I think we could have actually drawn it out longer and made even more of a build-up to the wedding,” she tells TVLine, chuckling, a few days before the big event airs.

Perhaps sensing the ire such a statement would cause among The First Lady of Country Music’s fans, she quickly adds, “But I thought it was great that they finally did it!” Read on for more nupitals scoop from the bride herself.

TVLINE | The fact that Rayna and Deacon are actually going through with getting married is a huge deal. I know they talked about it very seriously at the end of Season 3, but how long had you known this was really going to happen?
It wasn’t that long, actually. I probably knew as we were going into this season… We ended up just knowing that we were going to get into it at some point this year, which I was happy about.

TVLINE | Was shooting the actual wedding, walking down the aisle and all, heightened for you in any way, given how much it means for your character? Or was it just another day of shooting the show?
If I’m perfectly honest, the shooting process does tend to take away some of the real romance and glamor of those moments. [Laughs] It was certainly a beautiful day. I mean honestly, the part that struck me the most was as I was walking down the aisle. It was fun to see the reflection of everybody else’s point of view about what was happening, watching Rayna walk down the aisle. I think that the people who were sitting in the audience there — and even some of the cast members and the extras — were genuinely like, oh my God. I think they really felt like they were at a wedding, and that was really cool.

Nashville Wedding Spoilers Season 4TVLINE | Did you and Charles Esten talk about how to handle the scene ahead of time?
It’s funny, because we had shot already a scene where — there’s another scene in the episode where we’re standing by a lake, and that’s where we were supposed to have the wedding. In that one, that is literally the rehearsal. I mean that was sort of the rehearsal of the wedding. It was funny because we really sort of had rehearsed it. We had rehearsed it in a previous scene. By the time we got there, it was a pretty straightforward walk down the aisle.

There were definitely moments that we wanted to try to capture. To both of us, I know, it was really important to capture the idea that this was a long time coming and both characters had really worked through a lot to get to this place. There was something very special about that.

Will you be in attendance at Rayna and Deacon’s wedding? Hit the comments to let us know!

1. rinaex says:

The show’s getting canceled. They knew they had to wrap this up.

• Boiler says:

Hope you are totally wrong. ABC has much bigger problems with shows it already renewed for some stupid reason and rapidly dropping ratings on 2 of its TGIT shows. Right now, if Nashville comes back to its pre break levels and Castle doesn’t drop anymore these 2 shows which everyone thinks should be cancelled really should be renewed if the new ABC exec has any brains and compares numbers to those she already renewed.

• Actually,they’re starting new sl and ending in a cliffhanger in hopes of forcing abc to renew

2. grumpiestoldman says:

It’s a beautiful ending for the show!

3. summer says:

So looking forward to this wedding! We’ve been waiting long enough. After 3.5 years, 75 episodes and many hours of daydreaming, Deacon and Rayna are finally becoming husband and wife! Social media is going crazy about this wedding: it’s like Deacon and Rayna are today’s Ross and Rachel. So to answer your question: yes, I’ll be there, wearing my wedding hat and sipping champagne, and I’m going to savor this episode and soak up every morsel of Deyna happiness. After all this time, they (and we!) have deserved it!

4. Sheliah says:

Yes I love Rayna and deacon won’t miss it

5. Laurie Carnegie says:

omg yes I love them and have been waiting for this since the first episode :)

6. Pat says:

I can’t wait to watch them be married. I have been rooting for them for so long! Go Deacon and Rayna !!! I have great sadness about the cancellation of the show at the end of this season. This was a great show. I hope they rethink the situation. There is so little worth watching on TV these days.

• summer says:

Keep rooting for them and for this show! This IS a great show and it may get renewed. Nothing’s been decided yet, so it could go either way. Fingers crossed for Nashville Season 5!

7. edie greene says:

I wouldn’t miss it!

8. Jess says:

Will be watching this for sure. Love Nashville a lot. Does anyone know if Juliette is coming back? I miss her

9. Maria says:

I just want my baby Juliette to be back and to be happy. She is been through enough.

10. They don’t know if they are cancelling it yet or not. It’s a great show, so much Country trash. We’ve waited since Nov for this episode. Do not harsh us with cancellation talk! There’s a lot worse than this on TV, that’s for sure. I really care about some of these characters. Who isn’t pulling for Rayna and Deacon to finally have their day???

11. Barbara says:

will definitely be there! love them as a couple. love their characters and hope they live happily ever after!

12. shelley says:

i will be there, love this show.

13. Jenny says:

Love the show and will be watching for sure! 👍💕

14. Laura says:

I love this show and I’m so excited for the wedding. Staying positive that ratings will be up and show will be renewed!!

15. Kaye says:

Wouldn’t miss it! Been waiting too long for this moment.

16. Cheryl says:

I have been waiting a long time for this!!!. I hope the rumors of it being cut are not true, I look forward to watching the show every week…..please don’t cut this show!!!!

17. Ren says:

Yes for sure ! Can’t wait! Wouldn’t miss it !

18. Chrissy Goodall says:

I cannot for Rayna to tie the knot with Deacon. I’ve loved them from season 1. So excited to actually see them finially together.

19. Kimberly Osment says: