March BADness Tournament

Penny Dreadful, Lost, Supernatural, Teen Wolf Enter March BADness Fray!

TV, TV, on the wall… who’s the baddest of them all?

That’s the question at the heart of TVLine’s March BADness Bracket Tournament, a brutal scrum among the most violent, scheming, bitchy, low-down dirty characters ever to grace the small screen.

Love to hate ’em or just plain love ’em, there’s no denying these 64 filthy mcnasties have left an indelible mark on the TV landscape. But treacherous as they are, they’re not about to share their glory.

That’s where you come in. From now through the end of the month, we’ll be putting up two posts per day asking you to winnow down the field to one ultimate villain. So do the dirty deed by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 48 hours), then hitting the comments to justify your picks.

Our latest matchups include Lucifer from Supernatural against Void Stiles of Teen Wolf, and Penny Dreadful‘s Evelyn Poole versus Lost‘s Benjamin Linus.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and keep coming back to TVLine over the next two weeks to see how March BADness plays out. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Benjamin Linus from LOST always gives me the creeps.

2. Winter says:

These are really tough but I voted for Poole and Void Stiles. As much as I love Lucifer on Supernatural Void Stiles so very creepy and disturbing. He was the best villain that Teen Wolf has ever had.

3. Wordsmith says:

Ben Linus was a GREAT villain, but ultimately more sympathetic than the diabolical Ms. Poole, so she gets my vote as the BADDER villain.

4. Jane says:

Lucifer, Mark Pellegrino is the best Lucifer ever, scary, creepy, funny. Ben Linus because he was one of the best manipulators ever. He knew how to work people to get them to do what he wanted and in such a way that they never even know they were being manipulated.

5. Hurley says:

Ben Linus had a redemption arc in season 6, so I voted for Evelyn Poole. Don’t watch Supernatural or Teen Wolf.

6. Joey says:

Evelyn Poole was a fantastic villain, but I know there are a lot more Lost fans out there than Penny Dreadful, despite PD being the far superior show.

7. Steven says:

Void Stiles really gave Dylan O’Brien the opportunity to shine. He’s really talented.

8. Liz985 says:

How is Evelyn Poole losing to Benjamin Linus ?!? She was a witch who made voodoo puppets to manipulate and torture her victims (Mrs. Murray’s death – yikes). Hands down, no contest: Evelyn Poole.

• Michaela says:

Also don’t forget how she made the puppets…I had nightmares about the poor babies. She was EVIL.

• Joey says:

Keep in mind how much more popular Lost is than Penny Dreadful, despite, as I said above, how PD is the superior show.

• Liz985 says:

But LOST has been off air for some years now and had a less than satisfactory ending. Honestly, as big a fan as I was of the show (I hung on to the bitter end), the manipulations of Benjamin Linus just don’t reach the same level of badness as Evelyn Poole and her creepy coven.

• Joey says:

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I just think that there are plenty of people who would vote on nostalgia alone, or they might not have seen PD but they have seen Lost, so they vote for Benjamin Linus just because he’s the only one they know.

• Annie says:

I think it’s dependant on how people see the contest. it can go two ways, ‘most evil’ or ‘most compelling’ and sometimes they are the same but sometimes they aren’t. I love villains who are wicked but *still* charm their way into our affection. Villains with complexity and depth, who have good points and have the capacity for good….but choose bad for whatever reason.
      That’s the type of villain I like. So that’s how I’m voting. Not necessarily on who is the most evil or does the most violent stuff.

9. kirads09 says:

At this writing, my two LOST alums are winning. :-)

10. tvjunkie says:

I’m only familiar with one of the 4 so I guess I’m not voting. I don’t get Showtime. I gave up on Supernatural at least 6 seasons ago and never had an interest in Teen Wolf.

11. A fan of TV says:

The real baddie on Lost was definitely The Man in Black, but I voted for Ben anyway, because he DID murder John Locke out of jealousy…twice! (First time the gsw went through, second time Ben didn’t mess it up.)

12. Jon XVI says:

Poole and Lucifer.

And meh, a deliciously evil villain like Poole loosing simply because LOST is so much more known.

13. Jose says:

What has SPN Lucifer actually done? Not much. Void Stiles killed Alison Argent!!!!!!

14. Karen says:

These results just show how many people are missing out on one of the best shows out there – Teen Wolf. That’s the only thing that can explain Lucifer being in the lead over Void Stiles.

15. Maryann says:

Ok, I am very unclear on something here. Are we talking about “most evil” or most badass” or simply “favorite” ? My answers would differ based on which of these criteria we are supposed to be using for our selections, and I get the feeling different people are using different criteria.

16. Miranda says:

WHY would you put Void Stiles with Lucifer, why not split them the other way… Argh.

17. erica says:

Evelyn Poole was stealing and sacrificing babies! Bid Baddie!!!!!!

18. Radha says:

These poll results are insane. Lucifer is sinister but he has never terrified me. Void Stiles did that.