Patrick Warburton Lemony Snicket

Unfortunate Events: Patrick Warburton to Play Lemony Snicket in Netflix Series

And now for some Unfortunate news…

Rules of Engagement alum Patrick Warburton has been cast in Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events adaptation, playing narrator Lemony Snicket.

The eight-episode project, based on Snicket’s series of children’s books, follows the orphaned Baudelaire children — Violet, Klaus and Sunny — as they attempt to uncover the secret of their parents’ deaths, all while trying to evade the villainous Count Olaf (Neil Patrick Harris).

In addition to narrating the drama, Warburton — who can next be seen in NBC’s sitcom Crowded on Tuesday — will also appear on screen.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Only eight? I was hoping for considerably more.

2. Guilherme says:

Can’t wait.

3. Kay says:

Only eight?? That’s a bummer, you’d think they would at least do 13. What exactly is the role of “Lemony Snicket”? Just the narrator? I still think NPH as Olaf is the best casting decision!

• Dan says:

“Lemony” is the author of the books but is repeatedly indirectly referenced in-story and his brother and sister feature in the plot later on.

• Kay says:

It’s been a few years since I read the books- maybe now is a good time to re-read them! I have no memory of Lemony playing a part in the storyline.

• Dan says:

Me too but I remember why he always waiting to track the children down, and he gets referenced by some of the adults that know him, but not by name I think. He “may” have been in the 2nd last book as a taxi driver I think.

Apparently there’s a four-book prequel about his childhood, last one came out last year. Haven’t read it though.

4. Jemma says:

I assume that Lemony Snicket is only playing a narrator as he was in the books to the readers? And if so, Patrick Warburton is an awful choice. That voice is nothing alike what I would want/or imagined. Jude Law in the 2004 movie portrayed it perfectly.. can’t we hunt him down?

Also.. Only 8 episodes? I hope they aren’t planning on making this a one season thing? I was hoping on at least 13 episodes and I need at least two/three books (for the first 1-7 books) a season!